Hydro's Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Hydro
Name: Flozo
Goal: Make a Meal Plan
Motto: We suffer more in imagination than in reality.

Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:13 am

08/14

Woke up today by knowing that I have to do 2 plates on squats and 275 lbs on trap bar deadlift for sets of 5. I did do that for both, 3 sets on squats and 1 set on deadlift. I might have to start going in earlier since the weights are going up, the duration is going to be longer. Also, I went in a bit late but i finished that workout!

08/15

Goal is to Overhead press today, hit 115 lbs for 3 sets of 5. After that I did successfully up the weight for tricep extensions and pushdowns for 80 lbs for 2 sets of 12. I did not do barbell curls, did 15 lb bilateral dumbbell curls and man the pump was fucking insane. Felt a deeeeeep stretch and might switch over to dumbbells since I felt it in my biceps way more (even though barbell curls are still great).
Momentum, Action. That's my problem, That's my solution.
Hydro

Thu Aug 17, 2023 10:19 am

08/16

My sleep schedule has been ABSOLUTELY, COMPLETELY, ANNIHALTED. Bro I woke up at 6 pm..................................................

I'm typing this in right now, and I am going to go to sleep since guess what, I didn't train today. Head was mildly hurting, but mostly, I was fatigued and I believe that is 100% due to my fucked up sleep schedule. I didn't feel hurt, just tired and fatigued. I am going to do a double session today (typing this on the 17th) for squats deadlifts as first session and bench press and accessory work for 2nd session. This is the one step back to go 10 steps forward, to fix my fucking sleep schedule.

I have been watching a lot of training on youtube, bodybuilding and hypertrophy from Renaissance Periodization, Jonnie Candito, Jeff Nippard, Intellectual-Muscle and more. I'm getting into the groove of slowly, (or already am) the identity of a gym rat. How? I skipped yesterdays session? Sure and that's on me, but I am going to make up for it by doing 2 sessions today.

Also just watched this beautiful video by Chris: https://youtu.be/M7yPn-xIjls

Gonna make it bro:

1. Get properly sleep schedule (Go to bed around 11pm is significantly better than now)
2. Go to bed without use of phone or laptop
3. Close out all my tabs
4. Prepare my meal plan and calculate how many P + F + C and calories I need in total.

get it boyo
Hydro

Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:27 am

Interesting pic from Derek's MPMD subreddit:

Also, I'm researching how much protein I should be getting, as an obese individual. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUy6HwOhT3U Also interesting that women should start resistance training early since women are significantly more prone to osteoporosis, and the intervention to mitigate that is to lift weights. Hope the girls out there can get into lifting weights. I know what its like being nervous around other gym bros and feeling out of place, so definitely understand that you 'frail' ladies and I, an obese man have a lot more in common when it comes to the gym.

The interesting thing is, the gym is the only place in the world, where people WON'T be judging you for worse. Either they'll be judging you for better (great job, even I do this in my mind when I see someone training hard) or they won't be judging you at all.

I didn't go to the gym, and I was thinking if there was going to be a spotlight effect of people asking me why didn't I go to the gym, LOSER. Bruh, there's people who I see consistently at the gym (Desi, Asian, White and African dudes) and when they aren't there that day I don't ask Q's in my mind why they didn't go to the gym, my mind is just to my workout lol. Don't even think about it, and only thought about it since I SKIPPED my session so here I am overanlayzing shit.

Get it gurls!
Get it bros!
Hydro

Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:09 am

08/17

Finished prepping up my rice and beans. Did my squats of 230 lbs for 3 sets of 5 and 285 trap bar deadlifts for 1 set of 5. Shout out to me for that, but that means I'm going to the gym tomorrow twice, once for bench and the other for overhead press. 1 day behind schedule.

Well I'm going to go wash the chicken and the marinate them. If I do that, I will reward myself with a pastry when I go to the grocery store. I better hurry up since the store closes at 1 am.
jackBruh
Name: Jack
Goal: Slay demons

Fri Aug 18, 2023 7:29 am

Hydro wrote:
I will reward myself with a pastry
Bro if your goal really is fat loss then don't do this. It's not a reward, it's a vice. One pastry will set you back an hour of cardio at least. Just indulge in the feeling of achieving your small goal. Sit with it and appreciate the feeling for a minute. Then keep moving forwards, don't go backwards after every time you achieve something.
Goals
- Get better photos (✔, formal, group)
- Get a tattoo (✔)
- Get back to the gym (aiming for 80kg 10%) (1/2/3/4 plates ✔/✔/✔/80%)
- Work on location independant income so I can move countries (said fuck it and moved countries before the income)
Trèfle
Name: Sam
Goal: Lose fat
Motto: Small improvements every day

Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:08 am

jackBruh wrote:
Hydro wrote:
Bro if your goal really is fat loss then don't do this. It's not a reward, it's a vice. One pastry will set you back an hour of cardio at least. Just indulge in the feeling of achieving your small goal. Sit with it and appreciate the feeling for a minute. Then keep moving forwards, don't go backwards after every time you achieve something.
Yeah as someone who had that vicious cycle of rewarding yourself with junk that cancels your exercise right after doing it for a long time i can confirm thats not a good thing to be in

But i don’t think rewarding yourself for doing the right thing is bad habit either, especially in the first few weeks of building a habit. Found personally that the key is rewards that don’t set you back on your main goal, might work for you Hydro ? Used to use video games as post workout "good job" without allowing myself to play unless the gym was done with for the day, worked pretty well to get used to going 3 times a week again. Whatever entertainment you like that doesn’t set you back on your weight loss goal probably works really, even jerking off

Or you still have the option of fitting pastry or even Dominos ect in your macros, junk food doesn’t mean you can’t stay in a calorie deficit. Anything works as long as it doesn’t cancel out your main goal
Hydro

Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:40 pm

jackBruh wrote:
Hydro wrote:
I'll be making a meal plan by tomorrow. I've really been procrastinating on this but I've been doing meal prep for 1/2 of my caloric intake and been training as well. Definitely need to be more smarter with my calories.

Thanks for the input my friend.
Hydro

Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:42 pm

Trèfle wrote:
jackBruh wrote:

Yeah as someone who had that vicious cycle of rewarding yourself with junk that cancels your exercise right after doing it for a long time i can confirm thats not a good thing to be in

But i don’t think rewarding yourself for doing the right thing is bad habit either, especially in the first few weeks of building a habit. Found personally that the key is rewards that don’t set you back on your main goal, might work for you Hydro ? Used to use video games as post workout "good job" without allowing myself to play unless the gym was done with for the day, worked pretty well to get used to going 3 times a week again. Whatever entertainment you like that doesn’t set you back on your weight loss goal probably works really, even jerking off

Or you still have the option of fitting pastry or even Dominos ect in your macros, junk food doesn’t mean you can’t stay in a calorie deficit. Anything works as long as it doesn’t cancel out your main goal
Honestly bro, I think I'm starting to not want to go get some dominos, at least every week (maybe once every 2 weeks or once a month). I might just go to the grocery store (literally across the road from dominos) and get some small pita bread that I saw and make my own small mini pizzas that are 500 calories for 1 small pizza. I'll have maybe 2 on saturdays that I make so I can save those extra 1300-1500 calories.

Thanks for the reply man!
Hydro

Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:46 pm

08/18

Did 160 lbs for 3 sets of 5 on the bench press. I was checking out this video for the bench: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pLB9CnXGTjs

Really helped out for the bench since I always used to "bend the bar: on the eccentric movement for the bench. Rowing the bar to your chest helps out more, at least when I benched.

Also, I noticed that when I rack the bar off the hooks when I bench, I feel so much better when my butt is up compared to my butt being down. My butt stays on the bench when I'm doing my set, but when I'm racking the bar to START my set, it feels lighter compared to trying to unrack the bar with my butt ON the bench.

Bro my bench is going up pretty good, I don't know if its the technique, the accessories or the muscle memory. Oh wait I know, ALL THREE BABY.
Hydro

Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:54 pm

08/19

I woke up at 5 pm today, yes you heard that, 5pm. The gym closes on 5 pm on saturdays and yeah I felt pretty bad about that since this is my second session I have missed this week. This means that I don't really care about going to the gym as much as I thought, like I was apathetic when I woke up late. I remember last time I missed a session back in May, I was extremely frustrated at myself, then depressed in 1 day lol. It also happened to be a saturday lol.

Yeah, sucks.

This is what my schedule looked like for the month of august and sept:
IMG_1795.JPEG
IMG_1796.JPEG
I will of course have to adjust for the 2 missed sessions, I really have to fix this sleep schedule of mines.

Also this is what my NoFap tracker looks like:
IMG_1811.PNG
I had this habit but I restarted it on July 15 and I've fapped 67 times since, with my average streak 12 hours (meaning I jack off on average twice a day) and my longest streak being 120 hours 5 days straight. I swear bro lol, Those 5 days have been a record for my in the past 5 years.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Trèfle

Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:42 pm

Hydro wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 12:42 pm
Trèfle wrote:

Honestly bro, I think I'm starting to not want to go get some dominos, at least every week (maybe once every 2 weeks or once a month). I might just go to the grocery store (literally across the road from dominos) and get some small pita bread that I saw and make my own small mini pizzas that are 500 calories for 1 small pizza. I'll have maybe 2 on saturdays that I make so I can save those extra 1300-1500 calories.

Thanks for the reply man!
That really is the right mindset, just lowering slowly the calorie intake to reach your goal, combined with the consistent exercise it goes a long way

Keep going dude
Trèfle

Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:46 pm

Hydro wrote:
08/19

I woke up at 5 pm today, yes you heard that, 5pm. The gym closes on 5 pm on saturdays and yeah I felt pretty bad about that since this is my second session I have missed this week. This means that I don't really care about going to the gym as much as I thought, like I was apathetic when I woke up late. I remember last time I missed a session back in May, I was extremely frustrated at myself, then depressed in 1 day lol. It also happened to be a saturday lol.

Yeah, sucks.

This is what my schedule looked like for the month of august and sept: IMG_1795.JPEGIMG_1796.JPEG

I will of course have to adjust for the 2 missed sessions, I really have to fix this sleep schedule of mines.

Also this is what my NoFap tracker looks like: IMG_1811.PNG
I had this habit but I restarted it on July 15 and I've fapped 67 times since, with my average streak 12 hours (meaning I jack off on average twice a day) and my longest streak being 120 hours 5 days straight. I swear bro lol, Those 5 days have been a record for my in the past 5 years.
I know you cut down SS into 6 days but perhaps just going the 3 days route is better for you ? Less days makes it easier to reach that weekly goal without worrying about accidents like sleeping past the opening hours
Hydro

Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:15 am

Trèfle wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 3:46 pm
Hydro wrote:
08/19

Yeah, sucks.

This is what my schedule looked like for the month of august and sept: IMG_1795.JPEGIMG_1796.JPEG

Also this is what my NoFap tracker looks like: IMG_1811.PNG
I know you cut down SS into 6 days but perhaps just going the 3 days route is better for you ? Less days makes it easier to reach that weekly goal without worrying about accidents like sleeping past the opening hours
Really appreciate all the engagement for the log my friend!
The problem is just the sleep schedule, if I woke up on time I would be able to go to the gym as a normal human being lol.

About SS, I did the program a few years ago and I had to split it up since the days were getting so long since the rest times would take me 10 minutes to rest per set for the squat lol.

Here's the link of my playlist that I made of back in 2019 doing SS if curious:

Here's also a log of someone who ran SS and they also talked about having a long workout session: https://forum.barbellmedicine.com/forum ... thing-else
They would rest for 10 minutes a set for Squats. Yeah at that point, I'd just recommend to start a different program, especially since consistency and motivation are the 2 most important variables for training. Nobody really wants to wait 10-15 minutes for 1 set lol. Especially doing 3 sets 3 times a week.

Just gotta fix the sleep schedule, and that's 100% on me.
Hydro

Mon Aug 21, 2023 11:17 am

08/20

Literally did nothing today, just ate my tupperware meal that I prepared on Thursday lol. Here's the food:
IMG_1810.JPEG
Dicked around on the internet, closed 0 TABS.

Also i tried to go to safeways 10 minutes before closing time and they didn't let me in. Gotta go tomorrow (which is today now).

Get it bros!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hydro

Mon Aug 21, 2023 12:03 pm

Saw an interesting post on a different form: https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/ ... ach-today/

The guy consumes too much theory, like I and did his first cold approach. He did it at a grocery store, it was fairly quick:
"Excuse me... This is kinda random.... but I saw you and thought you were cute, and wanted to say hi"

"I have a boyfriend"

"ok, bye"
Bro this guy got some balls, especially compared to where I'm at. He uses the 0-1 scale instead of 1-10 scale, 0-1 is basically is she attractive enough (1) if not she's a 0.
I might just copy and paste what he did since he did it at a supermarket, I'll do mines at a grocery store lol.