Hydro's Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
bonzo34
Name: Alex
Goal: 50 "made love"

Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:57 pm

this is gonna be random but does ag hayden have an approaching discord? I swore you mentioned it before didn't know if you were still in it
dating

resolve job/income

Be an Army Officer

50 lays. 1/50

The first time you quit, it's hard. The second time, it gets easier. The third time, you don't even have to think about it.
be transparent as possible. Stop setting plays. Stop playing chess with life.
you make progress when you face a fear head on
Hydro
Name: Flozo
Goal: Make a Meal Plan
Motto: We suffer more in imagination than in reality.

Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:33 pm

bonzo34 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2023 6:57 pm
this is gonna be random but does ag hayden have an approaching discord? I swore you mentioned it before didn't know if you were still in it
Yeah, he calls it the "Inner Circle."

I bought a $7 course from him since it was pretty cheap, later found out that you have access to a discord that he is active throughout the week that has weekly / biweekly approach challenges.
Momentum, Action. That's my problem, That's my solution.
Hydro

Sun Sep 03, 2023 12:35 pm

09/01

It's september....

I woke up at 1;30 am, yeah and I stayed awake until around 11 am just dicking around to later than go to sleep. I woke up at around 7 30 pm and felt lethargic and didn't want to go to the gym. I went anyways.

Did 225 lbs on squats for 3 sets of 5 and 295 for 1 set of 5 trap bar deadlift. My lower back has been sore / hurting on the set of deadlifts, this hasn't happened before and on this same weight last time, I didn't have this soreness on my lower back.
Hydro

Sun Sep 03, 2023 1:00 pm

09/02

woke up at around 10 am today, and dicked around on the internet. Then I went to the gym, and I hit 130 lbs for 3 sets of 5 on overhead press. It went pretty good and did my accessory work after.
I know my arms are getting stronger since the previous weight that I've been doing is easier to hit on the rep range, shout out to progressive overload, shout out to volume.

I will keep tricep extensions at 80 lbs for 2 sets of 12, and if I continuously hit it this upcoming week, I'll increase the weight to 90 lbs on the cables next week. For tricep pushdowns, I will go to 100 lbs next week, and I will increase db curls to 20 lbs. Rep ranges are between 8-12, try to get to 12 of course but no less than 8.

My lower back has still been hurting, man wtf is going on. I must've really fucked up my trap bar deadlift and that is probably due to me rushing since the gym was closing. wtf mannnnn

Here's what the gym looked like today, Saturday 4:30 pm:

I've basically been researching more on resistance training after the gym. Ate homemade pizza with pita bread, tomato sauce, cheese. Stayed true to my word of NO DOMINOES. I will stick to this as I am losing weight and not 'wasting' money. I gotta eat, but I want to be more mindful about the $ that I'm spending.

Some Interesting findings

Effects of Resistance Training on Academic Outcomes in School-Aged Youth: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis: https://link.springer.com/article/10.10 ... 23-01881-6
Basically, start lifting and you'll do better cognitively as well as your grades. Interesting finding, but the resistance training group did better academically than the concurrent training group (i.e. resistance training and aerobic training)

Video:

You don't need as much protein as you think you do. The whole 1g per lb of bodyweight is unnecessary. The vid starts at the timestamp I believe, and interestingly enough the example that they give verbatim is someone who needs to 'lose 120lbs'. THAT IS ME. THEY ARE TALKING TO ME, almost like this vid was meant for me.
Takeaways for protein intake:
For great protein intake that is manageable that will give GREAT GAINS
1. 1.2 - 1.6 g/kg of body weight.
2. If massively overweight / obese: 1.5 - 2.0 g/kg of FAT FREE MASS.
If you want those extra small (~1-3)% of gains and leave NO GAINS ON THE TABLE
3. 1.6 - 2.2 g/kg of body weight
4. If massively overweight / obese: 2.0 - 2.75g/kg of FAT FREE MASS.

At my max I was 300 lbs at 38.5ish % body fat. This means I have ~185 lbs of FAT FREE MASS at 300 lbs.
Convert that to kilos, that's 84 kg.
84kg times 1.5, times 2, times 2.5 is
126g, 168g and 210g of protein.

I'm going to try to hit 150g of protein every day and see where that takes me. That should be more than enough, especially since the fatter you are, the more the body uses fat stores to lose weight than muscle stores, since the body is quite competent at that.

Will read this lengthy blog post tomorrow for a good grasp on dieting: https://www.strongerbyscience.com/diet/

Shout out to greg nuckols and eric trexler for the fabulous video and findings!

Good night bros, get it!
Hydro

Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:19 pm

09/03

Sunday, I was supposed to meal prep but I didn't got lazy. Been watching too much YT stuff man.

Low back still feels bad, it's like a sharp pain but I have been watching some videos from Squat University:

Doing these exercises, especially the first vid has helped out but I need to do the exercises in the second vid. I also need to be more consistent.

Will meal prep on Monday, and NEED TO CLOSE TABS! I'VE BEEN SLACKING. Also I walked for like 2.5 hours from 5 - 8am ish. yeh.
Hydro

Tue Sep 05, 2023 1:05 pm

09/04

Happy with how things went today. today is labor day in USA, and the gym is open from 7 - 11 AM, and these are the hours that I don't go. Guess what, I went, bang.

I did some arnold presses, tricep work and did hanging knee raises. Excited for tomorrows workout since I'll be putting up 175 lbs for 3 sets of 5 on the bench.

I went to the grocery store to pick up some food like cheese, a pastry and some chorizo that I'll be using in some type of breakfast burrito. Only costed $2 so why not give it a try?

I'm cleaning out tabs rn and wrote down some notes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-bTqfs_vOE
Totally agree with this vid and I'm going to start implementing a schedule like this on Notion. Going to have my hours of the week scheduled out Sun - Sat and will apply the ++, +, - and -- principle. I don't want to use neutrals since if the day was neutral, that's not good lol.
++ phenomenal day and progressed on a goal that I have
+ generally positive day
- generally negative day
-- terrible day and I am not proud of what I did / accomplish today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdVnk7YNf9M
1. People do the wrong things, - and --
This is 80% of the input
2. People don't do the right things, + and ++
Make the goal seemingly impossible so you can focus on the FEW things that will give HUGE UPSIDES of the goal.
Peter Thiel talked about this in his book, ask yourself this Q, "HOW CAN I ACCOMPLISH A 10 YEAR GOAL IN 6 MONTHS?"
That way, focus on the small, 80% of inputs that lead to HUGE UPSIDES.
3. People do the right things in the wrong way
This is multitasking, shallow focus sessions i.e. too many tabs (calling me out lol) not getting expert feedback
4. People don't learn from their mistakes
Need some type of reflection period (that's the intent of the schedule) where I can see what things are going + ++ and what things aren't.

Need to give myself ~10 minutes at the end of the week: Fri, Sat, or Sun, where I ask myself, "What are the 20% inputs, the haymakers, that are driving the vehicle to success?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYzWj1dzI_E
1. Have a 10 minute weekly session. This follows the first video that I'm recapping on.
2. Observe what the upcoming week/2 weeks/month looks like.
Am I getting closer to my goal?
What are the "Big fish" inputs that I should be focusing on.
3. Optimize the Week
Have 3 different types of days
Focus days where I'm deliberately taking action. little to no theory here, unless theory is action for a specific reason
Buffer days where I'm organizing, scheduling, planning, Preparing something. This is the abraham lincoln quote of, "Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe"
Recovery Days where I'm recovering in an ACTIVE way. Relationships, novelty, experiences, mind off work.
4. Have at most 3 priorities in current stage (stage could be like a quarter)
How do I know what the 3 priorities are? Chris (GLL) says TRUST YOUR INSTINCTS
5. Who not How (N/A at this moment)
6. Take time off / recovery mode
Recovery is important and leads to better flow sessions, i.e. Athlete analogy
7. "remove each week"
When doing the weekly sessions be very mindful about what are the wrong things I'm doing + the right things I'm doing the wrong way. Strip out the - and -- inputs that lead to me not accomplishing a task. RAISE THE FLOOR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clL0tLubpIc
Guy talked about how he 'wasted time' but you need to 'waste time' in order to come to these revelations that skyrocket you to the goal that you want to get to. Therefore the TIME IS NOT WASTED. YOU HAD TO SPEND THAT TIME INEFFICIENTLY TO LEARN YOU FUCKED UP, FROM THERE YOU 'SELF IMPROVE' and in this way it's with software skills and less time playing video games, TO WHAT HE SAID, INCREASE HIS MARKET VALUE VIA HIS INCOME. Get it, James!

https://youtu.be/kEAQ8dB4_R4?si=Py1mQbuNX7D7ofbx
1.JPG
13-14 years of theory....... I am taking action, but I believe I can do more. NEED to close more tabs.

I had this vid on my tab that I was watching from Derek and Chris:

I linked the timestamp and Chris talks about how he was a student but took the fall semester off, he was at home by himself and his friends were in college. Instead of sitting around and doing nothing he was not only lifting, but he was taking pro hormones which were legal steroids back in the early 2000's. Interesting since I am a student but took no classes the past 6 months. I've been lifting, and training, and yeah I'm not taking any pro hormones + I'm losing weight instead of his transformation, gaining weight, but it's interesting that I found out about this.
Just like Andy said himself, if you could be 1% of the people that you look up to, that's good enough for you to keep going. Shout out to Andy, shout out to GLL crew.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hydro

Tue Sep 05, 2023 7:24 pm

09/05

I am dicking around on the internet // closing tabs but man I gotta talk about this.

This fucking post fucking pisses me the fuck off man.

It's particularly the comments that frustrate me. "Just be respectful." Don't approach women. Meet women only through social circle and that you've known them for weeks, and then ask them out, but okay you got rejected, you've 'wasted' weeks where you could've approach hundreds of women throughout those weeks and got dates and potentially a relationship with a sweet attractive girl.
I found the post from a comment on this post:

This reminds me of Andy and what he talks about in his podcasts.
One of the most viewed podcasts that I have of Andy, "Society wants you to be a LOSER":
https://open.spotify.com/episode/2bvIuWwNun8GFtFHrKHwWd
I'm incredibly thankful that I have this community, because if not I don't know where I would be. I say this as a guy who hasn't cold approached women yet, but has gone out and desensitized myself slowly via exposure therapy.

This is also a great podcast from Andy saying that women want to be approached:
https://open.spotify.com/episode/0L1vedpBT1a3Uz7DZ7VKdz
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:09 pm

Yeah, the social contract that's in our head, and what is actually possible, are poles apart.

The longer I've lived this lifestyle, more I've seen how, you can reallllllllllly push it in life.....

And basically no one cares

Fear is what paralyses people

KEEP WORKIN

MAC DADDY
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:19 pm

Why are you reading all this content regarding people debating pill ideology and the videos from MGOTW? You're just sabotaging your level of buy in with that stuff. The negative ideologies are self fulfilling, the more you believe them, the more true they are.

When I was in your position (very overweight and having a long road ahead of me), all I did was read optimization strategies for what I was doing (strength training, cardio, dieting), guides for things I could do right then but hadn't started yet (fashion, improving my home, text game), and motivation related content.

I don't think you have the luxury of spending any time thinking negative thoughts. It is a self indulgent luxury you can't afford. No one can. Cutting out all things holding you back is the real world definition of going all-in.
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:35 pm

If you want to lose weight and get good with women, your social media algorithm (I count reddit here too) should only contain fitness stuff, PuA advice, some funny humor, ... If it isn't, you are not taking it seriously enough.

Block everything that could have a negative effect on reaching your goals.
bonzo34
Name: Alex
Goal: 50 "made love"

Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:58 pm

@Hydro how are you doing man?
dating

resolve job/income

Be an Army Officer

50 lays. 1/50

The first time you quit, it's hard. The second time, it gets easier. The third time, you don't even have to think about it.
be transparent as possible. Stop setting plays. Stop playing chess with life.
you make progress when you face a fear head on
Hydro

Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:11 pm

MakingAComeback wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 3:09 pm
Yeah, the social contract that's in our head, and what is actually possible, are poles apart.

The longer I've lived this lifestyle, more I've seen how, you can reallllllllllly push it in life.....

And basically no one cares

Fear is what paralyses people

KEEP WORKIN

MAC DADDY
Can't believe I got the man, the myth, the legend on my log. Going to watch yours and Scottys podcast that you recently uploaded this past week!

Cheers bro.
Hydro

Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:14 pm

Zug wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:19 pm
Why are you reading all this content regarding people debating pill ideology and the videos from MGOTW? You're just sabotaging your level of buy in with that stuff. The negative ideologies are self fulfilling, the more you believe them, the more true they are.

When I was in your position (very overweight and having a long road ahead of me), all I did was read optimization strategies for what I was doing (strength training, cardio, dieting), guides for things I could do right then but hadn't started yet (fashion, improving my home, text game), and motivation related content.

I don't think you have the luxury of spending any time thinking negative thoughts. It is a self indulgent luxury you can't afford. No one can. Cutting out all things holding you back is the real world definition of going all-in.
I agree with you 100% since at the infancy stages of self improvement, whether fitness, approaching girls, having a tribe of guys, business or mental health we all have a fragile sense of self esteem so it's important to really be forward center of mass when it comes to taking action and having momentum.
You just reminded me of one of Andy's recommendation, "You can't afford the luxury of a negative thought".

Thanks for the wisdom man.
Hydro

Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:15 pm

kratjeuh wrote:
Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:35 pm
If you want to lose weight and get good with women, your social media algorithm (I count reddit here too) should only contain fitness stuff, PuA advice, some funny humor, ... If it isn't, you are not taking it seriously enough.

Block everything that could have a negative effect on reaching your goals.
Yeah I currently have a website blocker (Freedom) that I use and it's great. It's also cross platform to my phone so that way I have certain website and apps blocked for certain hours throughout the day.

Thanks for the suggestion man!
Hydro

Mon Sep 11, 2023 1:16 pm

bonzo34 wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2023 11:58 pm
@Hydro how are you doing man?
Doing great man, just been lazy on the logs but have been taking action, regarding to my fitness.

I do appreciate you, for keeping up with me + the logs. Thanks man! :)