Spider’s Progress Log 🕷 DAY 366: Continuation Log Link ⛓️

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Spider Jerusalem
Name: Spider
Goal: Get Big. Get Dangerous.
Motto: YOU'RE GONNA CARRY THAT WEIGHT.

Thu Sep 01, 2022 6:20 am

AskTheDom wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 6:33 pm
I'm glad to see the mental game changing keep grinding buddy!
@AskTheDom

Thanks Dom!

Still got a ways to go, but I think I'm getting there!

Appreciate your help my man

Spider
Spider Jerusalem

Thu Sep 01, 2022 8:24 pm

Day 326: 01/09/2022 ✅

Rest Day 🛌 Doctor's Call, Progress Photos 📷 BJJ

Rest Day 🛌

Not really a ‘rest’ day as I went to Jiu Jitsu tonight aha but I took a day off from the Gym today 🪑

I've started to listen to what my body is telling me and I think it was pretty clear yesterday when I was struggling to complete the last sets of reps on the exercises 👎

I'm going to go to the Gym again over the weekend and I’m gonna aim for 5 sessions minimum. I think the 6 was too ambitious 🙃

Took this morning to have an extra 45 minutes in bed resting, have a coffee (my first one in a while) and just relax at my desk. Quite enjoyable ☕️
59E8FFC7-D3EF-4D42-B73E-D837287B0458.jpeg
Doctor's Call

Had a phone call with the Doctor today.

Just a medication review to see how I'm getting on.

All went fine so no point dwelling on this or going into further detail

Anxiety slowly getting beaten ⬆️

Progress Photos 📷

Got my brother to take some progress photos of me today 📷

Just stood in my boxers. I don't really like taking these kinds of photos, but I want to have something to compare to in a couple of months down the line 🗓

Won’t be posting them on here just yet, but if my gains go well I might do 📝

BJJ

Hit BJJ again tonight 🥋

Mostly just defended as I get my ass kicked anyway 🤷‍♂️

One of the trainers there was saying to me how it took him 8 months before he submitted anyone properly. This was nice to hear and put things into perspective 💯

I bought and got a new Rash Guard today as a ‘reward’ for the consistency I’ve been putting in. Kinda needed one too as it’s a bitch to get them dry 🤬

A74647B9-15B3-4062-835E-D2BAEE7F9514.jpeg

I may buy myself another Gi (🥋) come payday as it’s hard to wash the one in time for the next session when I’m doing 5/6 a week ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅

Thanks for reading 📖

Spider🕷
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spider Jerusalem

Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:16 pm

Day 327: 02/09/2022 ✅

Schedule Change + Firecracker Lock-in Lay 🧨

Schedule Change

I've learnt a lot from this week as I approach the end of it especially with what my body can cope with and it's limits 💯

I've enjoyed the challenge of working, getting to the Gym and doing Jiu-Jitsu simultaneously, although it's left me pretty Fucking beat! 💤

I aimed for 6 times for the Gym originally, but I've realised my body can't cope with that. I also did the 4 Gym sessions in a row Sunday-Wednesday with no rest in between. This probably wasn't a great idea upon reflection and I think it lead to me struggling on the last sets of the exercises I was doing 👎

This was always going to be a 'trial and error' kinda deal, and so I've re-designed my schedule for next week in light of what I've learned this week.

I’ll drop a photo of it tomorrow, but main points:

- 5 Days in the Gym instead of 6
- 5 Days of Jiu-Jitsu
- Days I am not at Jiu-Jitsu I must go to the Gym - Fridays and Sundays
- Maximum of 2 Gym Sessions in a row then I must take a rest day in between

I'll start this from Sunday and see how I get on. I think this will be more manageable 👍

Things will definitely get easier in due course, as the overtime will drop off towards the end of this month ⏰

I'll be doing 4 Days on 3 off instead of 6 Days on and 1 off ✅ ✅ ✅ The clocks in this country also go back an hour for daylight savings time 🌅 Some people see this as an extra hour in bed 🌒 and I used to be guilty of this, but I'm now seeing it as an extra hour of productivity to play with ⏳

Firecracker Lock-in Lay 🧨

Got the Lock-in Lay with the redhead Firecracker tonight 🔒

Room's all booked and she's paid half up front 💵

She seems to get off on this whole me calling her a 'good girl' and likes men in positions of authority and power 👀

She's pretty hot for the fact I used to be a Police Sergeant and that I'm now a Duty Manager 🛡

I'm thinking of getting to the room early and setting up the under-bed restraint kit. I think this is something we'd both enjoy. She loved the handcuffs and the wand last time, so this'll be a step up for definite 👀

I'll update in due course how this goes tomorrow 📝

Thanks for reading 📖

Spider 🕷
Last edited by Spider Jerusalem on Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Spider Jerusalem

Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:52 pm

Day 328: 03/09/2022 ✅

Lock-in Lay: Tying, Blindfolding and Fucking Firecracker Girl ⛓ + BJJ 🥋

Well what a fun night I had last night 🔥

Lock-in has now been achieved with the Redhead Firecracker 🔒🧨

I got to the room early and set up the under-bed restraint kit... ⛓

D8677279-DDA6-4BFE-94AD-E3BED398E81B.jpeg

She rocked up half an hour later looking cute and it was on from there... 👀

She said she'd wear a 'surprise' for me and she did: A turquoise lace body-suit complete with g-string thong under her clothes 🫦 I told her 'I also have a surprise for you...' and pulled the bed cover up to show her the restraint kit straps...

10 minutes later, I've got her stripped completely naked, on her back, wrists and ankles bound so she can't move her wrists or close her legs, and blindfolded 🙈

Her petite little size 8, 5'6 body was completely open and exposed. Perky tits, cute pussy and tight little ass was all mine 🍑👋

I basically teased the hell out of her: Used my teeth to bite her ass, sucked her nipples, teased her whole body with my tongue, used my leather riding crop and run it all up and down her skin and teased the hell out of her inner thighs with her tongue. I made her beg me to lick her - she's said previously (and quite proudly) that a man has never made her beg before. I took this as a challenge and after half an hour of her struggling in the restraints, shifting her hips and whimpering, she started to beg: 'Please lick me... please... put your tongue in me...' 👅 💦

I teased her a little bit more and then gave her what she wanted - on the condition she tell me when she was about to come. She did, although this was pretty obvious from her whimpering and squirming in the restraints ⛓

I unstrapped her, then Fucked her 3/4 times in Doggy, side-to-side, cowgirl and missionary 🍑👋

Fucked her again this morning for a good half hour in doggy then we parted ways as I had to go to Jiu-Jitsu 🥋

Sweet girl who puts in the effort. Happy to have achieved the retention with this one 💯

I am stating again here on this log for my peace of mind, condoms were used throughout and this chick is on the pill (witnessed her take it this morning) 💊

BJJ 🥋

This morning's Jiu-Jitsu training takes us to session number 14 ⬆️

With Thursday's session being the start of a new month, I'm going to try and get my attendance card marked 5 times every week throughout the month of September ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅

A couple of the lads have been commenting how they see me regularly and this was quite encouraging 🙌

I'm hoping to keep this up and My new schedule starting from tomorrow will hopefully allow me to stay rested but able to continue with both the Gym and Jiu-Jitsu:

F39F59EB-5DB6-4F63-A035-4DA133622BDB.png

Thanks for reading 📖

Spider 🕷
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Spider Jerusalem

Sun Sep 04, 2022 5:16 pm

Day 329: 04/09/2022 ✅

Ditching a Timewaster 🚪👈 Gym Session 5 + P.T Session 👟

Fucking off a Timewaster 🚪👈

Forgot to mention this on yesterday's post, but I took @Brother_Tucker's advice and cancelled on that blonde MILF who kicked me out the other week 👋

Told her I wasn't coming round as I was still a bit pissed at what happened last time and it wasn’t on ⛔️

I got a text saying 'For the best as I'm on my period anyway...'

😑

This could be one of 2 things:

- A 'You can't fire me I quit...' kinda deal where she's making something up to brush off the rejection 'Oh I'm on my period anyway..’

or

- She's actually on her period and the prospect of sex was never on the table in the first place and there would have been a repeat of last week where I woulda got Fucked around again.

One thing’s for sure:

What a bitch!

I got laid Saturday anyway, so couldn't really give a Fuck 🛌 I got Firecracker 🧨 locked-in now 🔒

If I can set up and FWB type situation then this would be idea. My goal would be to have a 2-3 of these kinda girls in a rotation like @Holden has 🗓

Something to work towards 💯

Gym 5

Hit the Gym again this morning which takes us to 5 times this week in total that I've now been ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅

5EDA1128-9F7B-45B9-ADAC-08C6D51046EE.jpeg

Very happy with this. I was originally planning to do the 6, but it was too much 💤 I'm happy with the 5 I’ve achieved 👏

I'm putting these Gym sessions on my log for accountability 📝

P.T Session 👟

Got a session with my P.T tomorrow at 06:30 - should be fun 👟

Things have been difficult lately as on my days off that I've been having he's not usually free, so early mornings are the way forward by the looks of things 🌅

He's penned me in anyway, so I'm ready to get after it with him tomorrow 🗓

I've sent him the weights/stats from my workout this morning, so hopefully we can build on these or even repeat ⬆️

Thanks for reading 📖

Spider 🕷
Last edited by Spider Jerusalem on Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spider Jerusalem

Mon Sep 05, 2022 1:59 pm

Day 330: 05/09/2022 ✅

365 Project Ideas 💡 P.T Session 👟 and BJJ 15

365 Project Ideas 💡

I'm actually in the final stretch with my 365 Day Project with just 35 Days to go 💯

In light of this, I've decided to start drafting ideas for a new 365 Project 📝

I have a couple of ideas in mind so far and I will choose one in the next few days once I've done some more thinking 💭

I'm leading into the next 365 project being centred around Getting an Elite Body.

It was my main goal for this year and, being honest with myself, I Fucked around on it for the best part of 11 months 👎

It's only really now as we come to the end of a year of being on the Forums that I'm starting to get serious with going to both the Gym 👟 and Jiu-Jitsu 🥋

I think the way to get myself to commit is to do a 365 Day Project around this. With the 1 post a day project I'm currently working my way through, I've forced myself to post even on days where shit was really dark and I was going through a very bad time 🕳

I'm considering starting a new log once I reach this 365 Day Projects end and starting to post in the private area - namely because I want to try and post more 'exciting' and 'juicy' content 👀

Having this enhanced anonymity and ability to post more ‘NSFW’ stuff will probably encourage me to keep at it 💯

Early days yet, but the new log I'd want to use for 3 main purposes:

- Enhanced anonymity 🥷
- Accountability for my Elite Body 365 Day Project ⚖️
- A place to post more juicy content about Lays, perhaps even photos with consent, of course 📷

Whether I will continue to post every day like I have been doing on this new one is something I still need to think about, but it's definitely helped me out this year ✅

P.T Session

Hit the Gym with my P.T this morning at 06:30 🌅

AD1959E1-9E31-4415-A99C-37ED401B5CB3.jpeg

He’s actually split things up for me so I can do the 6 Days a week without working the same muscles each day, so I’ll be changing my schedule to reflect this 🗓

Works better and I want to get in 5/6 Days a week anyway ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅

BJJ 15

Went to BJJ again tonight for session 15 🥋

Purely posting this one for accountability purposes 📝

Thanks for reading 📖

Spider 🕷
Last edited by Spider Jerusalem on Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spider Jerusalem

Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:04 pm

Day 331: 06/09/2022 ✅

Gym 7, BJJ 16 and Injuries! 🤕

Gym 7

Hit the Gym again this morning 👟

519DFCB2-92F9-44D9-985C-C01B66D5ABF9.jpeg

Started to work through my trainer's new program that he's given to me so that I can come in the 6 Days ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅

BJJ 16

Did Jiu Jitsu Session 16 tonight 🥋

Struggled a bit last night with some of the techniques, but I'm not letting it get me down and I'm not quitting it.

Also had a tough night tonight as I’ve been dealing with injuries (see below).

Gonna keep going and pushing forwards with this and I am not gonna give up 💯

Injuries! 🤕

So last night we had a Thunderstorm ⛈ which was beautiful to watch, I must admit ⚡️

Unfortunately for me, one of my family decided to leave the skylight open in my kitchen 🤦‍♂️

Wet tiled floor + me in socks = carnage! 💥

I slipped, went flying, put my foot out to stop myself going flat on my face, and… I’ve knackered me knee and ankle 🤕

I also got injured in training when someone rolled onto my wrist 👎

On top of that, I dropped a weight on my finger in the Gym this morning.

Talk about not my Fucking Day 🤬

I struggled a bit with training tonight because of these injuries - it’s hard when the main techniques involve twisting your bad knee to do a takedown 😒

Oh well, I keep trying 🙃

Thanks for reading 📖

Spider 🕷
Last edited by Spider Jerusalem on Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spider Jerusalem

Wed Sep 07, 2022 1:51 pm

Day 332: 07/09/2022 ✅

Gym 8 👟 BJJ 17 🥋 Weekend Booty Call 🍑

Gym 8

Hit the Gym again this morning 👟

FE4C9600-551B-42E6-9847-C50B8D8DC849.jpeg

Takes us to session 8 ✅

Today was leg day which was just the 4 exercises. This worked out quite well as I literally was in there 35 minutes and I was done, so I managed to have an extra hour in bed this morning which I needed ⏰

Leg day on Wednesdays is a good mid-week break if it’s just the 4 exercises. Sunday morning would be good for this too especially as I work every Sunday (👎) If I’m doing 3 workouts over 6 days in the gym, this could work out well 💯

BJJ 17 🥋

Had another rough night last night at Jiu-Jitsu as I was truffling with some of the techniques due to my knee injury 😒

Decided to push through and go again tonight. Can’t let it get me down. I keep trying 🥋

Weekend Booty Call 🍑

Firecracker’s graduating this weekend 🧨 and to celebrate, she’s said she wants to see me 🎓

Turns out she wants to celebrate graduation ‘with a bang’ 💥 and her parents are away, so she’s home alone 👀

Looks like I’ll be slipping around on the Saturday after Jiu-Jitsu Training to give her a good seeing-to 🍑👋

There’s something more natural to me about being in a girl’s bed as opposed to a hotel 🛌 Helps me relax more and feels better 🫦

Told her I won’t stay as I got work mega early on Sunday ☀️ I start at 10, but don’t wanna risk being late especially as I’m opening up shop 🔐

I’ll leave it there for today anyway 📝

Thanks for reading 📖

Spider 🕷
Spider Jerusalem

Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:03 pm

Day 333: 08/09/2022✅

Gym 9 👟 BJJ 18 🥋 Days off Plans 📝

Gym 9 👟

Gym session 9 complete as of this morning ✅

84DD808C-E689-458C-8FCE-BF78B0E617CF.jpeg

This is now 5 Days in a row that I've worked out for ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅ ✅

I've been tired etc. and not in the mood when the alarm clock has gone off ⏰ 🔨, but I've gone anyway 😂

I think going especially on the days when you can't be Fucked are the best times to go as it's helped discipline me and prove to myself 'Yes I can do this’ 💭

BJJ 18 🥋

Knackered after training last night 💤

There are a few things I don't like about this BJJ club and particularly the head trainer 👎

Seems if he's having a bad day or someone's pissed him off, he gives us a killer session with heavy sprints etc. 😒

The other day I saw him scream at some guy who's unfit and was exhausted for sitting down during the aforementioned killer session:

'YOU GET THE FUCK UP AND RUN NOW! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOU IMPROVE!'

😑

I got mixed feelings about this. I feel there was better ways this could've been said e.g. 'Come on buddy you can do this! Just 2 more minutes' or whatever 🤔

He preaches love and respect then goes off on people like that?

🤨

Oh well.

Training again tonight. Just gotta keep going even when some days I'm not happy about things ☀️

Days off Plans 📝

I've got 2 Days off both Friday and Saturday, so thought I'd try and be productive as well as relax a little 🛌

Got a ticklist I'm gonna try get done:

- Wash car (weather depending!) 🧽
- Clean and tidy room 🧹
- Haircut 💇‍♂️
- Go to the Gym (Friday) ✅
- Jiu Jitsu Morning Session (Saturday)🥋
- Get Laid 🍑
- Go Shopping 🛍

Gym tomorrow (No Jiu-Jitsu) and then BJJ on the Saturday for the morning session 🌅 Firecracker’s getting Fucked Saturday night to celebrate her graduation 🍑👋 and then it’s just usual shit I gotta take care of - shopping, cleaning my room etc.

Looking forward to a Fucking break after my mandatory 1 Day off last week 😒

Thanks for reading 📖

Spider 🕷
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Thu Sep 08, 2022 3:15 pm

Spider Jerusalem wrote:
Thu Sep 08, 2022 2:03 pm
There are a few things I don't like about this BJJ club and particularly the head trainer 👎

Seems if he's having a bad day or someone's pissed him off, he gives us a killer session with heavy sprints etc. 😒

The other day I saw him scream at some guy who's unfit and was exhausted for sitting down during the aforementioned killer session:

'YOU GET THE FUCK UP AND RUN NOW! THIS IS THE ONLY WAY YOU IMPROVE!'

😑

I got mixed feelings about this. I feel there was better ways this could've been said e.g. 'Come on buddy you can do this! Just 2 more minutes' or whatever 🤔

He preaches love and respect then goes off on people like that?
ok lol this isn't about a lack of "love and respect" or whatever and isn't inconsistent with that value

there's something primal that happens when you're pushed in a very aggressive way. it's supposed to piss you off so you work harder in the moment. and i dont think some guy who's "unfit" and "exhausted" gets a free pass either

i have a private boxing trainer and he doesn't let me get away with shit either, he just commands me if i'm fucking up.

maybe i'm misunderstanding the situation, and the trainer could by all means actually be an insecure dickhead, but the alternative you suggested would not be conducive to the type of environment that's needed for a fighting gym, so i am writing this short reply

this is a freaking brazilian jiu-jitsu gym, not field day in secondary school lmfao
💁🏽‍♂️🐶
5'5" indian in 🇺🇸→🇯🇵, childhood in religious cult, turned teenage internet gay, now aspiring toxic male.
📖 My Story

🥰 dating log
💪🏾 training log

see my interview!
Spider Jerusalem

Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:04 am

colgate wrote:
ok lol this isn't about a lack of "love and respect" or whatever and isn't inconsistent with that value

there's something primal that happens when you're pushed in a very aggressive way. it's supposed to piss you off so you work harder in the moment. and i dont think some guy who's "unfit" and "exhausted" gets a free pass either

i have a private boxing trainer and he doesn't let me get away with shit either, he just commands me if i'm fucking up.

maybe i'm misunderstanding the situation, and the trainer could by all means actually be an insecure dickhead, but the alternative you suggested would not be conducive to the type of environment that's needed for a fighting gym, so i am writing this short reply
@colgate

I haven't been there long, admittedly. However, from what the people who train there and who have been training there a long time have been saying to me, they've stated that when this guy is having a bad day or someone has pissed him off, he takes it out on the class by shouting and swearing at people or giving an extra hard warm-up session with random sprints in between which just aren't necessary.

I'm all for a good workout with lots of cardio etc. don't get me wrong, but to me what he's doing and from what people have said, that means it's not coming from a place of 'I want my students to improve', it's coming from a place of him being pissed off and wanting an outlet. Normally he's an okay guy and you can have a laugh with him. I just don't really buy into the whole testosterone fuelled male ego bullshit as I'm reminded of some of the dipshits I did go to high school with and it's not professional.

He did also make the poor guy look like a twat in front of the whole class by singling him out which I didn't think was fair.

There is also people I know who have left this place and warned me to be wary that it is a bit 'cultish'. Lots of ego flying around from what I've seen.

I could be wrong as I've only been there 3 weeks, but I'm just saying it how I see it and I'm getting my personal thoughts about it down on my log so I can help process them and make informed and rationalised decisions.
colgate wrote:
this is a freaking brazilian jiu-jitsu gym, not field day in secondary school lmfao

And yes I am fully aware of this fact, but thank you for your valuable insight anyway.

@Adam

I know you also train Jiu-Jitsu just wondering if you or any of the other guys had any thoughts on this? Be very interested to hear your opinion
Spider Jerusalem

Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:07 pm

Day 334: 09/09/2022 ✅

Countdown ⏰ New 365, Gym 10 👟 Cock Rings 👀 Creatine Loading ⬆️

Countdown: New 365 ⏰

We're now in the home stretch with my first 365 Project of making 1 post a day in my progress log 💯

1 Month today and it will be complete. This will be a big for one for me and proof that I can make a difference in a year and that I can keep up the consistency when I set my mind to something 💭

I thought I'd try something a bit more physical this time round as opposed to the mental challenge of writing every day 📝

The new 365 Project is as follows:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I, @Spider Jerusalem, will go to the Gym or Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Training EVERY DAY for 365 Days. This project will start on 11/10/2022 and will run until 11/10 2023.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's the consistency that will count with this. For example, I just literally have to show up at the Gym. I could literally walk in and walk out and it would count 😂

It's to get me used to going to the Gym and training consistently. I will work out anyway, but say one of the days I say 'Can't be Fucked...' I still have to show up at least and then I could always see how I feel 🤔

Joe Rogan has a good saying: '90% of it is just showing up' 💯

Technically I've already kinda started this one anyway if you count this week, but officially it will run between these 2 dates. At least I'm slowly getting used to it and I'm somewhat prepared ✅

I think I will see a massive difference in my health, fitness and life overall if I stick with this for the whole year and keep it up 👊

It's certainly a step up and a challenge, but Fuck it I'm in 🤙

I'll start a new log for this too in the 'private' section of the forums as I'd like to be more anonymous particularly as I plan to post more lay reports etc. I'll try and make things a bit more 'risque' and more NSFW in the new private section 👀

I will plan to post every Day as my means of accountability ⚖️

Gym 10 👟

Hit the Gym again this morning which takes us into double figures at 10 sessions in total 💯

A7C598E6-18E3-4591-B287-63AEF1B79376.jpeg

Happy to have gotten here as I've been Fucking around and sitting on the Gym progress for far too long now. Especially as I'm nearly 28 years old 👴🏻

I went later on today than I normally do as it's my day off. Caught up on my sleep and had a bit of a rest too which was very well needed after all the work and exercise I've been doing the past 2/3 weeks ✅ ✅

No Gym tomorrow, but I will go to the Jiu-Jitsu session on the morning 🥋

I've got the Booty call with Firecracker 🧨 later tomorrow for a couple hours, so I don't want to be too Fucked as I hopefully will be later on! 🍑👋

Cock Rings 👀

E4E3FF95-7853-4F47-8083-A11FF37DC00B.jpeg

I've bought a vibrating Cock Ring whilst I was out yesterday along with some more condoms 👀

I have used one ages ago and had a lot of fun - girls tend to like the clit stimulation whilst they get dicked down deep. I've just gone all the way in, stopped and then swayed my hips left and right so it buzzes right on the clit the pressure goes onto it 🫦

I'll give this one a try tomorrow and hopefully it'll get her vocal. Might bounce her cute little ass up and down my Cock whilst I'm wearing it and make her stay seated so she feels the vibrations where she's most sensitive... 🔥

I'll stick a report on here tomorrow to let you all know how this one goes 📝

Creatine Loading

704CFC2A-5325-4919-A6E4-6404E5681004.jpeg

I've started on the Creatine today 🥤

Begun with what's known as the 'loading phase'. For anyone who hasn't taken Creatine before, there are 2 Phases to this: 'Loading' and 'Maintenance'.

Loading is where you take 5g 4 times a day for 5 Days in order to build up the Creatine stores in your muscles.

You then take a 5g a day 'Maintenance' every day after.

I'll just whack it into my pre-workout mix which I drink whilst training to start me up and keep me going - should help me with my workouts now I want to start putting the weight up ⬆️

That's it for today's update 📝

Thanks for reading 📖

Spider 🕷
Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:35 pm

Spider Jerusalem wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:07 pm
@Adam

I know you also train Jiu-Jitsu just wondering if you or any of the other guys had any thoughts on this? Be very interested to hear your opinion
Different gyms will have different vibes. There are some gyms where the coach will scream at people or specifically call individuals out in front of the group. But those tend to be very competition-focused gyms where that's the experience that the members want.

None of the gyms I have trained at have been like that. There's gentle pushing, but if someone wants to sit out from rolling at the end of practice or needs adjustments due to injuries or being out of shape it isn't a problem. There's a recognition that not everyone is there for the same reason. Some people are training to fight professionally but others are there to get in better shape or want a fun social hobby and don't intend to ever compete.

I won't speculate on your coach's motives. Maybe it's insecurity but it could also be that he thinks that's the most effective way to train or that's the flavor of training he wants to give. But if you don't like it and want a more chill gym, you can find one. There are plenty.

Personally I don't care for the style of coaching you've described. I think of jiujitsu as similar to dieting or working out. The best diet is the one you stick to, even if there's some other diet that's theoretically more effective. Same thing with training - the best gym I can attend is one where I enjoy training, because that will get me the most time on the mat which will make me improve faster. (Assuming a base level of quality instruction - if you are learning sloppy techniques then yes that's a problem.)
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
Holden
Goal: Rotation

Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:12 am

I used to have a boxing trainer who'd insult people all the time. Sometimes it was funny like a roast but other times it was just plain mean-spirited, and only rarely was it motivating.

As soon as I got pretty good I just got myself a heavy bag to practice on my own and met up with a few guys to spar on our initiative, without the club. So instead of "graduating" to the advanced classes I just called it quits. (Didn't help that I could hardly attend the trainings due to professional reasons at my job at the time.)

The constant negativity isn't conducive to keeping people around. It was hard for me to take it seriously, it felt like a giant LARP. It's not like we were training for the world championship lol. It felt like a dumb act to me.
Laycount: 100

My Log

Primary goal:
- Rotation of three girls (DONE)
- Regular threesomes (DONE)
- A foursome
Spider Jerusalem

Sat Sep 10, 2022 7:05 am

@Adam
Adam wrote:
Different gyms will have different vibes. There are some gyms where the coach will scream at people or specifically call individuals out in front of the group. But those tend to be very competition-focused gyms where that's the experience that the members want.
Adam wrote:
None of the gyms I have trained at have been like that. There's gentle pushing, but if someone wants to sit out from rolling at the end of practice or needs adjustments due to injuries or being out of shape it isn't a problem. There's a recognition that not everyone is there for the same reason. Some people are training to fight professionally but others are there to get in better shape or want a fun social hobby and don't intend to ever compete.
Yeah man I think this place is quite competition focused whereas I have absolutely no desire to compete at all. I don't even really want to go for the whole stripes thing and go up the belts.

How he screamed at that bloke I thought it was uncalled for.
Adam wrote:
I won't speculate on your coach's motives. Maybe it's insecurity but it could also be that he thinks that's the most effective way to train or that's the flavor of training he wants to give. But if you don't like it and want a more chill gym, you can find one. There are plenty.
I've heard he used to be big in MMA and transitioned to training purely BJJ, so this could be a big part of it as I know MMA training and how fighters are motivated is likely a lot different from purely BJJ.
Adam wrote:
Personally I don't care for the style of coaching you've described. I think of jiujitsu as similar to dieting or working out. The best diet is the one you stick to, even if there's some other diet that's theoretically more effective. Same thing with training - the best gym I can attend is one where I enjoy training, because that will get me the most time on the mat which will make me improve faster. (Assuming a base level of quality instruction - if you are learning sloppy techniques then yes that's a problem.)
Thanks for giving me your thoughts on this. There's another 2 places in my town which offer training but the schedules are difficult with how they clash with my shift pattern. I'm tied into the contract at this place for 3 months, then I can cancel, so I'll stick it out and see. It's likely if this trainer spoke to me like that, I'd just get up and walk out.

He's started to implement some rules as well which I think are dumb - main one being 'no talking during practicing the techniques...' so as a new student if I get stuck on a complex technique, the other person I'm training with just has to look at me blank and can't offer any guidance? Seems a bit daft to me.

Luckily he doesn't hold the classes all week. The other instructors are pretty sound and a lot more chilled

As I say normally he's an okay guy and you can have a laugh with him, but just sometimes I feel like he goes overboard with it.

Thanks again mate