Rationalizing a $1300 Camera

Moderator: Radical

king87
Goal: Relationship

Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:33 pm

Bro If I were you I would buy a apc mirrorless camera, instead of dslr orfull frame mirrorless.magic is due to the lens so as long as you have a good lens with correct diameter with big aperture(the smaller the f number, bigger the aperture) background blur/bokeh is mostly achieved by aperture size. It is all about how much light can the lens absorb.
Fujifilm has quite cheap mirrorless apsc cameras with good lens line up as well as sony. Sony is a little bit pricy but has both sony lenses and some other amazing third party lenses as well like sigma. I have Sony a6400 with sigma 16mm and 56mm(both f1.4)i have a fashion instagram account and use it for that.
king87
Goal: Relationship

Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:10 pm

Also, since you are gonna be taking self portraits, second most important aspect is Auto Focus. (First is lens but debatable) most of old Dslr cameras have very primitive Auto Foucs and best in the game is Sony for AF. When I bought my camera last year, I made a very detailed research and tried many cameras in the market. Most of them are not smart enough to recognize your face when you wear sunglasses but Sony(latest ones for apcs a6400,6100,6600 and any ff released after a7iii) so great that it immediately recognizes yourface even if you wear a mask.
Last but not least also think about second hand market in case if you wanna sell your gear in the future. Fujifilm is very bad in that sense but sony again dont lose much value.
KillYourInnerLoser
Name: Andy
Goal: $5000 USD/month.
Motto: "You sure as hell can too."

Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:20 pm

Andy / Australia
Podcast: The Inner Winner Show

140+ lays / 14 threesomes / 1 foursome (MFFF)
Goals 2020: Pay all bills from coaching. Finish 3some & BDSM guides.
Must-have Stuff I Recommend
JamalHash123
Goal: Smash hotter girls

Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:58 am

I'm not reading all the posts but it's insane to buy a $1300 camera if you're only going to be using it for 1000x700 photos on online dating. Buy a used mirrorless (maybe with a prime lens for the sexy bokeh) for like $600 total and be done with it lol
JamalHash123
Goal: Smash hotter girls

Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:59 am

king87 wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:10 pm
Also, since you are gonna be taking self portraits, second most important aspect is Auto Focus. (First is lens but debatable) most of old Dslr cameras have very primitive Auto Foucs and best in the game is Sony for AF. When I bought my camera last year, I made a very detailed research and tried many cameras in the market. Most of them are not smart enough to recognize your face when you wear sunglasses but Sony(latest ones for apcs a6400,6100,6600 and any ff released after a7iii) so great that it immediately recognizes yourface even if you wear a mask.
Last but not least also think about second hand market in case if you wanna sell your gear in the future. Fujifilm is very bad in that sense but sony again dont lose much value.
Agreed, auto focus is insanely imporant. I had the first generation Canon Rebel, and it was a good camera, solid image quality, but the autofocus was atrocious. Of course, I learned to work around it, but hte problem is that I wanted photos of myself, not of other people, and unless I was using a tripod, whenever I gave the camera to friends to take photos of me, I would come out out of focus. Useless.