Tinder pictures critique + any useable photos?

Mimbe393939
Goal: Learn Japanese

Mon May 30, 2022 1:34 am

These are some of my first photos from my iPhone + tripod and with the combination of shooting alone. I am obviously not going to use these anywhere, as they scream loner + terrible quality.
PHOTO2.jpg
FINAL PIC + Brightness.png
Now this is when I got my Nikon D3500 + 50mm f/1.8g Lens and started to shoot with @Rice. What I am missing so far is a group photo/friend photo I don't know if this friend picture is useable because terrible quality. Some of the DSLR pictures you might notice if you zoom in the quality isn't that great, it's because I am cropping them on photoshop to tinders maximum width so they don't compress them further. But here is what I have so far. Are any of these useable?
DSC_0068.jpg

SunKissed (1).jpg
DSC_0365.jpg
55.jpg
photshopped.jpg
photoshoped.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Mimbe393939 on Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:21 am, edited 9 times in total.
MY STORY - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1423

PUBLIC PROGRESS LOG - viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1430

Difficulty shows what men are. Epictetus
The world turns aside to let any man pass who knows where he is going. Epictetus
Adrizzle
Goal: Take Action

Mon May 30, 2022 5:43 am

Hey dawg these are cool. I like the open jacket one. I reckon mixing them in with 1. Group shot 1 hobby shot and a shot of you smiling would be good
Mimbe393939

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:23 am

Got these two photos from me and @Rices shoot on Sunday at what I thought we're the best ones. I wanted to get a laughing shot/smiling shot at my apartment because it has a pool table/billard, but it was closed for maintenance. We walked downtown trying to find a good rooftop shot to copy @Rags2Bitches profile picture but no luck. Just took these shots to change out my watch one in a better background + lighting with my new haircut, it was last minute sun was setting after we could not find a good rooftop, and I wanted to at least getting something. I still need more activity photos, hope to get one of me smiling + with friends, I think that is where I might be falling short 5/6/2022
DSC_0605.jpg
DSC_0606.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The world turns aside to let any man pass who knows where he is going. Epictetus
Lord Rey
Name: Nicolas
Goal: Make serious money

Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:19 am

Good stuff man, I really like your pic with the open jacket ! The last one you posted is great too.
Kurvam
Goal: Improve rotation

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:23 pm

I like the leaning against the pole photo the most (your profile photo on the forum), you look like a model here in my opinion and the expression is really cool. The open jacket 1 is also solid.
september
Name: Loki
Goal: master game
Motto: wagmi

Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:30 pm

Very photogenic face

For future shoots I suggest having your body face away from the camera, and your face towards, rather than the other way around.

Body towards, face away = body language is warm but face is shy. Low status
Body away, face towards = body language is cold but face confidently looks at viewer. High status
0/10000 lays, 582.94 underage approaches, 8 seconds nofap, 929 day streak complaining + no action
schizoposting log
schizo voice notes telegram channel
best value photoshoot in north america
Mimbe393939

Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:21 pm

september wrote:
Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:30 pm
Very photogenic face

For future shoots I suggest having your body face away from the camera, and your face towards, rather than the other way around.

Body towards, face away = body language is warm but face is shy. Low status
Body away, face towards = body language is cold but face confidently looks at viewer. High status
Going to try that next shoot, thank you for the feedback. I would have never have thought of that

Mimbe393939

Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:26 pm

Finally got e-mailed the employee photo I had requested that was taken with a DSLR. If somethings on the image look scuffed, it's to protect identities, things that I can't reveal. On tinder + bumble the image crops so it is just me + the other man raking concrete.
CONCRETE.jpg

september
Name: Loki
Goal: master game
Motto: wagmi

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:44 pm

Hate to say it, but I don't think it helps for any type of dating to have a photo of yourself working a "low status" job (I have a similar one)

Especially with an unsexy uniform and being barely visible in it and just... it looks like you're raking cow shit, it's a really unsexy stock looking picture overall lol sorry to say

Really in general you don't need to mention or involve your job at all if it's not something high status. And for getting laid as opposed to long term, the only jobs that really help are like, promoter, influencer, photographer etc - 99.9% of regular jobs don't make you any more attractive, they just make you seem more real, but you don't need to emphasize being real until after the girl's attracted to you. Ideally your photos tell the story of an attractive you, and seeming real is just a beneficial side effect
0/10000 lays, 582.94 underage approaches, 8 seconds nofap, 929 day streak complaining + no action
schizoposting log
schizo voice notes telegram channel
best value photoshoot in north america
Mimbe393939

Mon Jun 13, 2022 11:52 pm

september wrote:
Hate to say it, but I don't think it helps for any type of dating to have a photo of yourself working a "low status" job (I have a similar one)

Especially with an unsexy uniform and being barely visible in it and just... it looks like you're raking cow shit, it's a really unsexy stock looking picture overall lol sorry to say
Nah you're good, I appreciate the feedback. A friend had mentioned like that something similar before to me, but I didn't think anything of it. My initial thoughts we're that it was something masculine. But after hearing that, I can understand what you're saying. I won't include it, my current profile is open jacket, bubble tea, holding the camera without visible face and the most recent watch one

Jesseetc
Name: Jake
Goal: A good sex life

Tue Jun 14, 2022 2:34 am

september wrote:

Really in general you don't need to mention or involve your job at all if it's not something high status. And for getting laid as opposed to long term, the only jobs that really help are like, promoter, influencer, photographer etc - 99.9% of regular jobs don't make you any more attractive, they just make you seem more real, but you don't need to emphasize being real until after the girl's attracted to you. Ideally your photos tell the story of an attractive you, and seeming real is just a beneficial side effect
I thought this was true for a long time, but I got way more love for my construction job than any of the jobs I’ve had since getting my Bachelor’s. The manual labor thing is pretty hot to a subsection of women.

I wouldn’t use the stock photo though. Get a really nice candid of yourself in your work gear where you look both happy and muscular, and I think that’ll do the trick.
Brother_Tucker
Goal: Retire Early
Motto: My life is awesome, what's your excuse?

Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:59 am

Mimbe393939 wrote:
These are some of my first photos from my iPhone + tripod and with the combination of shooting alone. I am obviously not going to use these anywhere, as they scream loner + terrible quality. PHOTO2.jpg FINAL PIC + Brightness.png

Now this is when I got my Nikon D3500 + 50mm f/1.8g Lens and started to shoot with @Rice. What I am missing so far is a group photo/friend photo I don't know if this friend picture is useable because terrible quality. Some of the DSLR pictures you might notice if you zoom in the quality isn't that great, it's because I am cropping them on photoshop to tinders maximum width so they don't compress them further. But here is what I have so far. Are any of these useable?

DSC_0068.jpg

SunKissed (1).jpg

DSC_0365.jpg55.jpgphotshopped.jpgphotoshoped.jpg
Photos 4 and 7 from your first post are really good. These will not need to be updated for a long time.

I really don't like the open jacket one, in general shirtless photos are hard to pull off without proper context, and your one lacks it.
Body Transformation Guide viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1376
Mimbe393939

Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:09 am

Photos 4 and 7 from your first post are really good. These will not need to be updated for a long time.

I really don't like the open jacket one, in general shirtless photos are hard to pull off without proper context, and your one lacks it.
Thank you for the feedback, I agree not much context/story to paint in the open shirt one. Still not done optimizing, will keep going.

NightRoller
Name: Graham
Goal: Get Career Job, Move
Motto: Win and help win

Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:16 am

Mimbe393939 wrote:
These are some of my first photos from my iPhone + tripod
Hey @Mimbe393939 , what's your take on the quality of that phone tripod, and if you'd recommend it, where did you get it?
Goals: See this post
Skill-based 365 project
Laycount: 28 --- In 2023: 12 (as of May 03'23)