Feedback for my first online dating profile

Janusch
Goal: Approach Anxiety

Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:55 am

Jesseetc wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:35 am
In the first two photos you look really awkward and it’s clear you’re posing. Ideally, we want candid shots.

Climbing and van photo look great, and for the last two, you have abs, so I’d run with that one and skip the group photo.
Thanks for your feedback. I will leave the abs one out for now, because I agree that in order to include such an image your abs should definitely be in the upper 5%, and since I didn't take this image for my profile I did not pay attention to it thus my abs are hardly noticeable.
Janusch

Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:58 am

Vamos wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:06 am
Janusch wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:36 am
First of all: yes I am German, what gave me away? :D
Sieht man direkt :D
The thing is that because of my job, I have contact with so many people from all over the world. In the meantime, I can often recognize the ethnic origin by the facial structures.
That's impressive. I have a rather strong German accent and that's what people usually notice. I travel quite a bit and am quite sure, that you're the first person to recognize it by looking at a picture.
Mimbe393939
Goal: Learn Japanese

Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:36 am

Considering getting some edge to you, necklaces, rings, bracelets a watch. Look at Radicals style guide for more fashion advice, go on Pinterest and copy the masculine looking fashion models. Nothing about you screams player, you look very nice and pleasant. It isn't inherently a bad thing, but if your target audience is sexually available girls under age 26, I don't know if it's the most effective.
MY STORY - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1423

PUBLIC PROGRESS LOG - viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1430

Difficulty shows what men are. Epictetus
The world turns aside to let any man pass who knows where he is going. Epictetus
Jesseetc
Name: Jake
Goal: A good sex life

Sun Jun 19, 2022 3:15 am

Janusch wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:55 am
Jesseetc wrote:
Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:35 am
In the first two photos you look really awkward and it’s clear you’re posing. Ideally, we want candid shots.

Climbing and van photo look great, and for the last two, you have abs, so I’d run with that one and skip the group photo.
Thanks for your feedback. I will leave the abs one out for now, because I agree that in order to include such an image your abs should definitely be in the upper 5%, and since I didn't take this image for my profile I did not pay attention to it thus my abs are hardly noticeable.
That’s totally fair. As a certifiable fatass, I’d post any abs if I had them, so I don’t really have a frame of reference for that.
Asst
Goal: Improve Game/Sexlife

Sun Jun 19, 2022 8:49 pm

Vamos wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:49 am
Don't use the last two pics! Shirtless pics are cringe and will give you less matches, belive me. Besides, you're looking for a certain type of women, than it's ok. Sorry for the offense, but your body doesn't look like anything special, pale average joe body, it won't do you any good, don't upload it.

In the first pic you look semi attcative and it's a good shot, fine! But I'm sure that many women will swipe left directly on the second picture with the glasses. Don't you like wearing contact lenses? You definitely look a lot better without glasses. The outdoor pictures are very good.

Are you german btw?
Why do you believe shirtless doesn't work, in which context did you try it? Natural beach pic, mirror selfie or posed photography? About 80% of individuals out there says it does work, and 20% which you belong to says it doesn't.
Check this post for example:

I also watch a recent video where I guy said that he had more matches with more BF and being less shredded in his shirtless pic.

Extremely contradicting information on this topic but favors shirtless if you have at least a decent body which doesn't scream "what an average experience". Would appreciate your input.

I personally believe it totally depends on the individual, the pic itself, the goal and the overall profile and should be A/B tested via boost same time 1 week later. Otherwise it wouldn't be so contradicting.
Janusch

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:43 am

Mimbe393939 wrote:
Considering getting some edge to you, necklaces, rings, bracelets a watch. Look at Radicals style guide for more fashion advice, go on Pinterest and copy the masculine looking fashion models. Nothing about you screams player, you look very nice and pleasant. It isn't inherently a bad thing, but if your target audience is sexually available girls under age 26, I don't know if it's the most effective.
Good point. Thanks for your advice. I never paid too much attention on my wardrobe. I was just lucky enough to have female support most of the time when I went shopping :lol: . Getting better with fashion has currently a high priority. Therefore, I really appreciate your recommendation. I probably have to get used to the idea of wearing accessories first...

I like Radicals' suggestion of getting a tattoo.
I have wanted to get a tattoo for a long time, but have never put it into action. The motif I have already. Perhaps now it's not a bad time to getting this one done.

Do accessories really make such a big difference? I think I read a while ago, that this topic is also pretty controversial. It's not a big hassle to just try it out, though.
Mimbe393939
Goal: Learn Japanese

Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:21 am

Janusch wrote:
Mimbe393939 wrote:
Good point. Thanks for your advice. I never paid too much attention on my wardrobe. I was just lucky enough to have female support most of the time when I went shopping :lol: . Getting better with fashion has currently a high priority. Therefore, I really appreciate your recommendation. I probably have to get used to the idea of wearing accessories first...

I like Radicals' suggestion of getting a tattoo.
I have wanted to get a tattoo for a long time, but have never put it into action. The motif I have already. Perhaps now it's not a bad time to getting this one done.

Do accessories really make such a big difference? I think I read a while ago, that this topic is also pretty controversial. It's not a big hassle to just try it out, though.
I think accessories + player style in your photos screen for you, because you're attracting a certain archetype of woman from the vibe + how you look in your photos. Take this with a grain of salt, I don't have the experience to truly tell you if they make a big difference or not. See how some of the big hitters/veterans dress here + their accessories, and can decide for yourself.
Last edited by Mimbe393939 on Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY STORY - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1423

PUBLIC PROGRESS LOG - viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1430

Difficulty shows what men are. Epictetus
The world turns aside to let any man pass who knows where he is going. Epictetus
Squilliam
Goal: Be happy
Motto: Pain is temporary. Greatness lasts forever

Janusch wrote:
It makes a big enough of a difference that it's worth the cheap investment. I got a few dope necklaces off of amazon for like $40 or even cheaper.

With regards to shirtless pics, yes, they work. But I don't think your body is at the point where you should put one. It only helps if you're in really good aesthetic shape.
Last edited by Squilliam on Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
check out my blog: https://squilzpursuit.wordpress.com/

- Do 1000 approaches by end of 2024 (~350/1000)
- Get laid from daygame
- Learn game and stop being a social autist
Janusch

Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:22 am

Asst wrote:
Why do you believe shirtless doesn't work, in which context did you try it? Natural beach pic, mirror selfie or posed photography? About 80% of individuals out there says it does work, and 20% which you belong to says it doesn't.

I also watch a recent video where I guy said that he had more matches with more BF and being less shredded in his shirtless pic.

Extremely contradicting information on this topic but favors shirtless if you have at least a decent body which doesn't scream "what an average experience". Would appreciate your input.

I personally believe it totally depends on the individual, the pic itself, the goal and the overall profile and should be A/B tested via boost same time 1 week later. Otherwise it wouldn't be so contradicting.
Also a really good point. Has anyone of you ever made a comparison and can say something from personal experience? I'm kind of a nerd with a background in Data Science. Analysing this "scientifically" sounds like an fun experiment / project to me :)
Asst

Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:36 am

Janusch wrote:
Asst wrote:

Also a really good point. Has anyone of you ever made a comparison and can say something from personal experience? I'm kind of a nerd with a background in Data Science. Analysing this "scientifically" sounds like an fun experiment / project to me :)
Same here, fellow Deutscher. Data science is great, best practices are just best practices, I believe in real field tested data for individual circumstances, most guys just don't care about collecting that. Best practices were completely wrong just to many times in my business experience. I will do a shirtless test within the next few weeks, did A/B test for some things in the past and was able to find a killer bio, so it's totally worth it IMO.

You can either spoof your location in the chrome console, get a few free sim cards (I used O2 back in the day) and reset your dynamic IP after creating an account via new chrome profile - Or you can just run 1 tinder boost, collect results, add/remove the pic and just rerun 1 week later again. As long as the new profile boost has worn out (what should take only ~3 days) the data should be quite reliable. I would also count likes and matches separately since matches are worth way more and are your actual target audience.
Squilliam wrote:
Janusch wrote:
It only helps if you're in really good aesthetic shape.
I personally believe this is a myth since it's a multi layered issue. You can argue that "You have to compete with all these shredded guys" but there is more to it.

#1 What women perceive as attractive is on a spectrum, there are different types of physiques which different types of girls like. Meaning once you've reached that spectrum, it can improve your results. I believe he does reach it to be worth a field test. Point #4 explains why.

#2 Interpretation of the physique - Many women understand that shredded guys spend most of their time in the gym and might be obsessed with their body and have a lack of personality. Based on that understanding they can simply swipe left if you look to good. Not all, but some.

#3 Personal experience - We can go into the redpill argument that women love douchebags but let's just not do that. However, there is a correlation between douchebags and physical appearance. Meaning that having made this experience some women might swipe left if you look to good and you're better of looking decent.

#4 Misconception of average physique - Remember that most women have slept with average guys. Like, really average guys. 20% Body fat & 60kg bench press non chads. What I mean by that, I'm an average guy in the gym, however, not to the general public. Most people comment that I look nice once I take my shirt off. Not crazy, slightly visible abs but good and fit what is enough to get compliments from people who don't work out regularly.

#5 Women often look for something within their league. MPMD recently uploaded a video on this matter. It was noticed that the more extreme the physique of Kyle got, the more extreme was the physique of the girls he matched with and less of the "skinny fat" girls. We're talking about female bodybuilders here. So being in the womans range might actually help you to match with them.

#5 General profile perception - If you're on the edge to "douchebag left swipe" and a shirtless pic comes in, you're out. If you're profile is nice and you have a shirtless pic, you might push the boundaries but not push over the edge and get a right swipe in the end. How extreme you physique is also plays a role how many "douchebag" points you get.

In the end the data matters which can be only determined by trying out, there is just to much to it for a final conclusion without solid evidence and contradicting result reports from people. Which are in favor of a shirtless pic reading about 30 result statements on that matter.
Last edited by Asst on Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Squilliam
Goal: Be happy
Motto: Pain is temporary. Greatness lasts forever

Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:03 am

Asst wrote:
I personally believe this is a myth since it's a multi layered issue. You can argue that "You have to compete with all these shredded guys" but there is more to it.
Okay, maybe "really good" is a bad description. What I meant was, your body should be aesthetically pleasing to the eye, at least under the proper lighting conditions.
check out my blog: https://squilzpursuit.wordpress.com/

- Do 1000 approaches by end of 2024 (~350/1000)
- Get laid from daygame
- Learn game and stop being a social autist
Janusch

Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:05 am

Squilliam wrote:
Janusch wrote:
It makes a big enough of a difference that it's worth the cheap investment. I got a few dope necklaces off of amazon for like $40 or even cheaper.

With regards to shirtless pics, yes, they work. But I don't think your body is at the point where you should put one. It only helps if you're in really good aesthetic shape.
Okay, I'm convinced! I'll buy one and just give it a try.

Thanks for your feedback. I'm not putting this one on my profile, especially not with such bad lighting. I did not flex my muscles and the surrounding is way to bright. I like the picture, but it's now showing me in a good light :lol:

Btw, just had my first lay on Tinder (I created the account two weeks ago & this was the first time I met with somebody). Really cute 20yo girl. Everything went super smooth and she just wrote me how much fun she had. I had no prior knowledge about online dating. I basically only read Andy's articles and followed the recommendations I got from you in this threat. Thanks, you're an amazing community :D.
Asst

Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:15 am

Squilliam wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:03 am
Asst wrote:
Okay, maybe "really good" is a bad description. What I meant was, your body should be aesthetically pleasing to the eye, at least under the proper lighting conditions.
Agree, the pic should add value to the profile and not decrease it.
Janusch

Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:51 am

Asst wrote:
Janusch wrote:

Same here, fellow Deutscher. Data science is great, best practices are just best practices, I believe in real field tested data for individual circumstances, most guys just don't care about collecting that. Best practices were completely wrong just to many times in my business experience. I will do a shirtless test within the next few weeks, did A/B test for some things in the past and was able to find a killer bio, so it's totally worth it IMO.

You can either spoof your location in the chrome console, get a few free sim cards (I used O2 back in the day) and reset your dynamic IP after creating an account via new chrome profile - Or you can just run 1 tinder boost, collect results, add/remove the pic and just rerun 1 week later again. As long as the new profile boost has worn out (what should take only ~3 days) the data should be quite reliable. I would also count likes and matches separately since matches are worth way more and are your actual target audience.
Squilliam wrote:

It only helps if you're in really good aesthetic shape.

#1 What women perceive as attractive is on a spectrum, there are different types of physiques which different types of girls like. Meaning once you've reached that spectrum, it can improve your results. I believe he does reach it to be worth a field test. Point #4 explains why.

#2 Interpretation of the physique - Many women understand that shredded guys spend most of their time in the gym and might be obsessed with their body and have a lack of personality. Based on that understanding they can simply swipe left if you look to good. Not all, but some.

#3 Personal experience - We can go into the redpill argument that women love douchebags but let's just not do that. However, there is a correlation between douchebags and physical appearance. Meaning that having made this experience some women might swipe left if you look to good and you're better of looking decent.

#4 Misconception of average physique - Remember that most women have slept with average guys. Like, really average guys. 20% Body fat & 60kg bench press non chads. What I mean by that, I'm an average guy in the gym, however, not to the general public. Most people comment that I look nice once I take my shirt off. Not crazy, slightly visible abs but good and fit what is enough to get compliments from people who don't work out regularly.

#5 Women often look for something within their league. MPMD recently uploaded a video on this matter. It was noticed that the more extreme the physique of Kyle got, the more extreme was the physique of the girls he matched with and less of the "skinny fat" girls. We're talking about female bodybuilders here. So being in the womans range might actually help you to match with them.

#5 General profile perception - If you're on the edge to "douchebag left swipe" and a shirtless pic comes in, you're out. If you're profile is nice and you have a shirtless pic, you might push the boundaries but not push over the edge and get a right swipe in the end. How extreme you physique is also plays a role how many "douchebag" points you get.

In the end the data matters which can be only determined by trying out, there is just to much to it for a final conclusion without solid evidence and contradicting result reports from people. Which are in favor of a shirtless pic reading about 30 result statements on that matter.
Die Deutschen sind schon überall :D. This is an incredible post with a lot of good thinking. Like you said, in the end you just have to compare it methodically. Using boosts seems to be the easiest option. However, does a second boost not have a reduced range, since fewer people are available, or is that now how they work. Sorry, if that's a silly question, but as one can see I'm quite a newbie when it comes to Tinder :lol:

I think I once saw a website where you could buy temporary phone numbers to validate your tinder account. It was around 10€, but I cannot find the link, anymore. This would be an option, too.
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:02 am

Asst wrote:
Vamos wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:49 am
Don't use the last two pics! Shirtless pics are cringe and will give you less matches, belive me. Besides, you're looking for a certain type of women, than it's ok. Sorry for the offense, but your body doesn't look like anything special, pale average joe body, it won't do you any good, don't upload it.

In the first pic you look semi attcative and it's a good shot, fine! But I'm sure that many women will swipe left directly on the second picture with the glasses. Don't you like wearing contact lenses? You definitely look a lot better without glasses. The outdoor pictures are very good.

Are you german btw?

Maybe I sounded too one-sided, like everything in life it depends. And yes, there are different kinds if shirtless pics. There are sources and people who say it helps them and others who say it hurts them. For example this one, but I'm sure we can find a completely different result, as always with stuff like this:

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/ ... ps-matches

I think a modestly shirtless pic is all right, I personally wouldn't do anything more. By the way, I also have a slight shirtless pic with good feedback on Tinder, but I wouldn't show more than that. As you said "it totally depends on the individual, the pic itself, the goal and the overall profile"

Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691