Feedback for my first online dating profile

Janusch
Goal: Approach Anxiety

Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:55 am

I stumbled across your great community some time ago, but have been in relationships since then which is why I never got serious about the Approach Anxiety program and online dating. But this was on my bucket list for a long time and now the first step is done: A first profile stands.

I have already read Andy's guide and tried to take it into account as much as possible.

My target group are women under 26, I am experimental and looking for something casual.

Do you guys think the pictures come across as too nice? Especially the one with the red background.

Is the bio alright, or should I change it to something better: You are being chased by an angry horde of monkeys. What do you do to escape?

Since I've already got asked on Tinder: Should I mention my height which is 183cm / 6'?

Thanks so much for your feedback.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BlazinX
Goal: Shredded
Motto: Average is not enough

Sat Jun 11, 2022 11:44 am

Hey bro! Good youre making strides

My 2 cents. Pic 1 over pic 2. Both communicate the same thing. Pic 3 and 5 are also the same thing. Pic 5 seems a bit 'artificial' vs pic 3.
You seem to have a great physique, you should get an ab shot in there. Have a bit more blingbling

- need a gym shot
- shirt off climbing shot (show off your musculature)
- social photo
Janusch

Sun Jun 12, 2022 12:52 am

Thank you for your feedback.

Okay, that means number 2 and 5 are coming out.
What do you think of the picture? You'd have to change the light and remove the shadow from the face. If I had known that I would need something like this for Tinder, I would have flexed my muscles on this one...

I cook regularly with friends. Then I make a picture as we eat together. Currently I only have this, should I still use this for the beginning?

Is the bio alright, or would you advice me to change it? Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:49 am

Don't use the last two pics! Shirtless pics are cringe and will give you less matches, belive me. Besides, you're looking for a certain type of women, than it's ok. Sorry for the offense, but your body doesn't look like anything special, pale average joe body, it won't do you any good, don't upload it.

In the first pic you look semi attcative and it's a good shot, fine! But I'm sure that many women will swipe left directly on the second picture with the glasses. Don't you like wearing contact lenses? You definitely look a lot better without glasses. The outdoor pictures are very good.

Are you german btw?
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
Kurvam
Goal: Improve rotation

Wed Jun 15, 2022 3:36 pm

I do think you look like a very 'nice' guy in the first 2 pics, i think the big smile is too much . I think a more neutral expression or a slight smirk would be better. In general the quality of the pics isn't bad. The first 1 could be shot/cropped closer though.

I'd also agree with Vamos that shirtless pics should only be used if you have a top physique.

You have a good variety of shots already so you're on the right track.
Brother_Tucker
Goal: Retire Early
Motto: My life is awesome, what's your excuse?

Wed Jun 15, 2022 6:41 pm

Janusch wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 5:55 am
I stumbled across your great community some time ago, but have been in relationships since then which is why I never got serious about the Approach Anxiety program and online dating. But this was on my bucket list for a long time and now the first step is done: A first profile stands.

I have already read Andy's guide and tried to take it into account as much as possible.

My target group are women under 26, I am experimental and looking for something casual.

Do you guys think the pictures come across as too nice? Especially the one with the red background.

Is the bio alright, or should I change it to something better: You are being chased by an angry horde of monkeys. What do you do to escape?

Since I've already got asked on Tinder: Should I mention my height which is 183cm / 6'?

Thanks so much for your feedback.
Photo 1 is great this is a clean shot of you outside in the real world. This is already ahead of 80% of guy profiles.

I really like the camping photo, its a bit far away but it's a really good shot.

I don't like the climbing photo because it looks too much like a Marvel ass shot, this would work great on Grindr, but for what your fishing for... not so much. A different angle would be better.

Shirtless pictures are hard, they are strong screeners (meaning you will filter out a lot of people when using them) so you should only use one where you look fan fucking tastic in them. The ones you posted don't meet the standard so don't use them yet.

Your Bio, I like it but you're asking the girl to come up with something witty. If your target audience was 27- 29 this would be great, as you're going younger you probably want something to make them laugh without requiring them to be witty in their response. This might just be my experience but I find the witty fun openers work amazing on girls with some life experience and not so great on the inexperienced ones.
Body Transformation Guide viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1376
Janusch

Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:36 am

Hey, thanks a lot for your honest and detailed feedback. First of all: yes I am German, what gave me away? :D

The new pictures stay out, especially the shirtless one! Also picture 2 will be left out. Unfortunately, wearing contact lenses gets quite uncomfortable after a while (I have already tried different kinds...). But for one evening I can wear them well. Eye surgery is also a bit difficult with my eye sight. But I'll look into that again. For dates I will only wear contact lenses for now. Thanks a lot for the advice with the glasses.

I zoomed the first picture a bit in. So that's done.

I will replace the climbing picture as soon as I have a better one. I'm currently doing a backpacking trip, so hopefully I get a few decent ones that I can use.

Good point about the bio. Do you guys think something like that would be better:
"My elementary school teacher wrote in my student evaluation that I shouldn't constantly tease the girls in my class. I would be happy to say that my behavior has changed since then."

I just did the first drill of the AA program and will start a forum post about it soon. Since it is generally difficult to get objective feedback I wanted to ask if you advice me to change anything about my appearance apart from the glasses.

I can't say how incredibly helpful your feedback is. Thanks so much again.
Brother_Tucker

Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:51 am

Janusch wrote:
Good point about the bio. Do you guys think something like that would be better:
"My elementary school teacher wrote in my student evaluation that I shouldn't constantly tease the girls in my class. I would be happy to say that my behavior has changed since then."
Do you mean to say your behavior hasn't changed since then? I can see both working in different ways.
Janusch

Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:37 pm

Brother_Tucker wrote:
Janusch wrote:
Do you mean to say your behavior hasn't changed since then? I can see both working in different ways.
Yes, I'm trying to say that I'm 'unfortunately' still a bit immature and that I don't take everything too seriously. The idea behind it was to indicate that we won't have boring conversations on a date but rather flirt, tease each other and have a fun time.

How would you write this and is it even any good?

It's a bit difficult to get this correct as a non-native speaker :lol:.
Brother_Tucker

Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:50 pm

Janusch wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:37 pm
Brother_Tucker wrote:

Yes, I'm trying to say that I'm 'unfortunately' still a bit immature and that I don't take everything too seriously. The idea behind it was to indicate that we won't have boring conversations on a date but rather flirt, tease each other and have a fun time.

How would you write this and is it even any good?

It's a bit difficult to get this correct as a non-native speaker :lol:.
It's no problem, that's where the guys on the forum can help.

I see where you're going with it, OK you can try something like: -

1. My teacher wrote in my student evaluation that I shouldn't tease the girls in my class. I wasn't a good student...

2. My teacher wrote in my student evaluation that I shouldn't tease the girls in my class. You will be pleased to know I haven't changed.

3. My teacher wrote in my student evaluation that I shouldn't tease the girls in my class. Clearly they didn't understand how to plan a fun date...

4. My teacher wrote in my student evaluation that I shouldn't tease the girls in my class. I still tease, just not in the classroom...

I think these are more in line with the response you're looking for.
Janusch

Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:16 pm

Brother_Tucker wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 1:50 pm

It's no problem, that's where the guys on the forum can help.

I see where you're going with it, OK you can try something like: -

1. My teacher wrote in my student evaluation that I shouldn't tease the girls in my class. I wasn't a good student...

2. My teacher wrote in my student evaluation that I shouldn't tease the girls in my class. You will be pleased to know I haven't changed.

3. My teacher wrote in my student evaluation that I shouldn't tease the girls in my class. Clearly they didn't understand how to plan a fun date...

4. My teacher wrote in my student evaluation that I shouldn't tease the girls in my class. I still tease, just not in the classroom...

I think these are more in line with the response you're looking for.
Wow, you're an absolute legend. I really like them. Thanks for going the extra mile and even writing me different variations :D.
TheRealGizmo
Goal: Build a Business
Motto: Stay humble

Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:31 pm

Looking good man I think you'll do well
Janusch

Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:09 am

TheRealGizmo wrote:
Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:31 pm
Looking good man I think you'll do well
Thank you, time will tell :D
Jesseetc
Name: Jake
Goal: A good sex life

Fri Jun 17, 2022 5:35 am

In the first two photos you look really awkward and it’s clear you’re posing. Ideally, we want candid shots.

Climbing and van photo look great, and for the last two, you have abs, so I’d run with that one and skip the group photo.
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Fri Jun 17, 2022 8:06 am

Janusch wrote:
First of all: yes I am German, what gave me away? :D
Sieht man direkt :D
The thing is that because of my job, I have contact with so many people from all over the world. In the meantime, I can often recognize the ethnic origin by the facial structures.
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691