Feedback for my first online dating profile

Asst
Goal: Improve Game/Sexlife

Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:50 am

Janusch wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:51 am
Die Deutschen sind schon überall :D. This is an incredible post with a lot of good thinking. Like you said, in the end you just have to compare it methodically. Using boosts seems to be the easiest option. However, does a second boost not have a reduced range, since fewer people are available, or is that now how they work. Sorry, if that's a silly question, but as one can see I'm quite a newbie when it comes to Tinder :lol:

I think I once saw a website where you could buy temporary phone numbers to validate your tinder account. It was around 10€, but I cannot find the link, anymore. This would be an option, too.
Problem with buying temporary phone numbers, tinder is quite good these days, catches up on it and requires verification. In the end you can punish your main profile via photo recognition so free sim cards are a safer way to go. It's also less of a headache because you never know the quality of the service and from experiences you have to go through a few to find a good one. It's also safer to sign up with you phone and reset it after each profile for a new device ID. Also the pics need to be cropped by 1 px or something to generate different hashes when uploaded to decrease chance of recognition.

Regarding boosts, usually it's fine if your new profile boost has worn out and the profile is in regular use. Because you are shown to women gradually if you don't boost you shouldn't run out of women to fast. Just to be safe you can run an ABA test over 3 weeks instead of AB in 2 and cross compare the results. I would use the shirtless pic second or third place to make the effect more prominent.

Which method you choose doesn't matter because none is perfect. For new profiles you'd have women who recognize your main pic on the second run and behave differently. You could choose a different region to avoid this but can you be sure the women in the other city behave the same regarding your profile? I'd go for the boost method and just try a few times to be sure results are correct. If the results with shirtless and shirt are the same, I would go with shirtless due to the screening bonus you have with these women. You can also use the preferred profile setup in the meantime after the first results and only switch pics out during boost time (+1 hour for wearing out). This way you will not miss out to much during the week.
Vamos wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:02 am

Maybe I sounded too one-sided, like everything in life it depends. And yes, there are different kinds if shirtless pics. There are sources and people who say it helps them and others who say it hurts them. For example this one, but I'm sure we can find a completely different result, as always with stuff like this:

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/ ... ps-matches

I think a modestly shirtless pic is all right, I personally wouldn't do anything more. By the way, I also have a slight shirtless pic with good feedback on Tinder, but I wouldn't show more than that. As you said "it totally depends on the individual, the pic itself, the goal and the overall profile"

Agree on your opinion but believe the case study date is skewed. The issue with case studies, they can't catch up on nuances. I'd say that most shirtless pics on dating platforms are mirror selfies made by douchebags. Therefore the results in 25% drop in matches on non-hookup sites. This guy analyzes the issue with the hinge case study on how to pose for example, quite helpful to see the crux with case studies.

On the other hand, you have the screening effect where the women knows what she will get and likes it, which should also be at least 25% boost in dates. In the end I would argue that you have the edge with a shirtless pic. OKcupid also did a study (2010 - different times I know) on this and the younger the women were the better the impact of the shirtless pic was so it also depends on your target audience.
https://www.gwern.net/docs/psychology/o ... tures.html

If your audience is 25 and below shirtless should work just fine, would be more careful with 30 year olds what kind of pic you use, if any. In the end it's screening vs tinder ELO for end results. ELO doesn't matter that much if you boost often, for free profiles it's smart to play safer and keep your ELO up and don't screen to hard.
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Mon Jun 20, 2022 1:14 pm

Asst wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:36 am
#5 Women often look for something within their league. MPMD recently uploaded a video on this matter. It was noticed that the more extreme the physique of Kyle got, the more extreme was the physique of the girls he matched with and less of the "skinny fat" girls. We're talking about female bodybuilders here. So being in the womans range might actually help you to match with them.
Erstmal gehen Grüße raus, haha

Very legit point tbh, I think you can also transfer the physique part to other attractiveness features. In online subcumunities you can often read things like “Chad gets them all and nothing is left for the rest.” That is bullshit in my opinion, at least here in Germany most couples out there are more or less looksmatched. I am not talking about hookups here! My Ex gf told me, that many of her friends said, that they don't want a boyfriend "above" them, because they are afraid of not being able to keep up him.

A lot of offtopic now. @OP, how are your results here in Germany the pics you are currently using?
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
Janusch
Goal: Approach Anxiety

Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:45 am

Asst wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:50 am
Janusch wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:51 am
Die Deutschen sind schon überall :D. This is an incredible post with a lot of good thinking. Like you said, in the end you just have to compare it methodically. Using boosts seems to be the easiest option. However, does a second boost not have a reduced range, since fewer people are available, or is that now how they work. Sorry, if that's a silly question, but as one can see I'm quite a newbie when it comes to Tinder :lol:

I think I once saw a website where you could buy temporary phone numbers to validate your tinder account. It was around 10€, but I cannot find the link, anymore. This would be an option, too.
Problem with buying temporary phone numbers, tinder is quite good these days, catches up on it and requires verification. In the end you can punish your main profile via photo recognition so free sim cards are a safer way to go. It's also less of a headache because you never know the quality of the service and from experiences you have to go through a few to find a good one. It's also safer to sign up with you phone and reset it after each profile for a new device ID. Also the pics need to be cropped by 1 px or something to generate different hashes when uploaded to decrease chance of recognition.

Regarding boosts, usually it's fine if your new profile boost has worn out and the profile is in regular use. Because you are shown to women gradually if you don't boost you shouldn't run out of women to fast. Just to be safe you can run an ABA test over 3 weeks instead of AB in 2 and cross compare the results. I would use the shirtless pic second or third place to make the effect more prominent.

Which method you choose doesn't matter because none is perfect. For new profiles you'd have women who recognize your main pic on the second run and behave differently. You could choose a different region to avoid this but can you be sure the women in the other city behave the same regarding your profile? I'd go for the boost method and just try a few times to be sure results are correct. If the results with shirtless and shirt are the same, I would go with shirtless due to the screening bonus you have with these women. You can also use the preferred profile setup in the meantime after the first results and only switch pics out during boost time (+1 hour for wearing out). This way you will not miss out to much during the week.
Vamos wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 8:02 am

Maybe I sounded too one-sided, like everything in life it depends. And yes, there are different kinds if shirtless pics. There are sources and people who say it helps them and others who say it hurts them. For example this one, but I'm sure we can find a completely different result, as always with stuff like this:

https://www.insidehook.com/daily_brief/ ... ps-matches

I think a modestly shirtless pic is all right, I personally wouldn't do anything more. By the way, I also have a slight shirtless pic with good feedback on Tinder, but I wouldn't show more than that. As you said "it totally depends on the individual, the pic itself, the goal and the overall profile"

Agree on your opinion but believe the case study date is skewed. The issue with case studies, they can't catch up on nuances. I'd say that most shirtless pics on dating platforms are mirror selfies made by douchebags. Therefore the results in 25% drop in matches on non-hookup sites. This guy analyzes the issue with the hinge case study on how to pose for example, quite helpful to see the crux with case studies.

On the other hand, you have the screening effect where the women knows what she will get and likes it, which should also be at least 25% boost in dates. In the end I would argue that you have the edge with a shirtless pic. OKcupid also did a study (2010 - different times I know) on this and the younger the women were the better the impact of the shirtless pic was so it also depends on your target audience.
https://www.gwern.net/docs/psychology/o ... tures.html

If your audience is 25 and below shirtless should work just fine, would be more careful with 30 year olds what kind of pic you use, if any. In the end it's screening vs tinder ELO for end results. ELO doesn't matter that much if you boost often, for free profiles it's smart to play safer and keep your ELO up and don't screen to hard.
Wie sagt man so schön: Probieren geht über studieren :lol:

You're right, you don't have to make it overly complicated. I would prefer to gather some "quality data" but as you've mentioned, there are so many variables to consider, that you should just be happy if you have a profile that works well...

I will try the approach using boosts and evaluate how big of an difference it actually makes. I got so much great input already, that it will probably take a while to run out of ideas :)

I think Tinder is required to give you access to your data such es swipes and matches. Not going into that rabbit hole, but might be interesting if someone actually wants to experiment with it.

BTW, what other apps are you guys using in Germany? Any recommendations such as Lovoo or Bumble?
Janusch
Goal: Approach Anxiety

Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:02 am

Vamos wrote:
Asst wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:36 am
#5 Women often look for something within their league. MPMD recently uploaded a video on this matter. It was noticed that the more extreme the physique of Kyle got, the more extreme was the physique of the girls he matched with and less of the "skinny fat" girls. We're talking about female bodybuilders here. So being in the womans range might actually help you to match with them.

Very legit point tbh, I think you can also transfer the physique part to other attractiveness features. In online subcumunities you can often read things like “Chad gets them all and nothing is left for the rest.” That is bullshit in my opinion, at least here in Germany most couples out there are more or less looksmatched. I am not talking about hookups here! My Ex gf told me, that many of her friends said, that they don't want a boyfriend "above" them, because they are afraid of not being able to keep up him.

A lot of offtopic now. @OP, how are your results here in Germany the pics you are currently using?
I'm currently in Middle America, therefore my results are totally screwed (I'm afraid for the better :lol:). I'm still trying to optimize my profile, but any "Feinschliff" I probably have to do when I'm back in Germany.
Will still work on the feedback I've gotten, or actually follow Asst's advice of changing my location to a German city once in a while to gather feedback using boosts, because I would like to already have a kind of solid profile once I'm back home.
Asst
Goal: Improve Game/Sexlife

Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:51 am

Vamos wrote:

Danke, danke 😁

Yes, I also heard this multiple times. I believe it may also apply to hookups in some sense but to a waaay lower degree.

Janusch wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:45 am
Wie sagt man so schön: Probieren geht über studieren :lol:

You're right, you don't have to make it overly complicated. I would prefer to gather some "quality data" but as you've mentioned, there are so many variables to consider, that you should just be happy if you have a profile that works well...

I will try the approach using boosts and evaluate how big of an difference it actually makes. I got so much great input already, that it will probably take a while to run out of ideas :)

I think Tinder is required to give you access to your data such es swipes and matches. Not going into that rabbit hole, but might be interesting if someone actually wants to experiment with it.

BTW, what other apps are you guys using in Germany? Any recommendations such as Lovoo or Bumble?
Lovoo is garbage. Like, real garbage and gets worse year by year, at least in my region. The discrepancy between quality of women and their expectations is just off the charts. And Bumble has way less people and chicks who are more into relationships. Made a test run on bumble and these chicks with quotes "What is important for a good relationship" - "Trust and equality" turned me off so bad I had to sign off. Nothing against relationships but straight into your face on that level is just an instant turn off for me. Also, about 50% off all women messaged me first and the other half expired, not a fan of this concept.

I believe Tinder is king in Germany just for sheer numbers it has, I'd say 5x more than on bumble. Friend of mine got Hinge ads on insta so they might try out the market which would be great for the future but it just hasn't the audience yet and is waaaay to small. I'd love this app to succeed here, but it may take another year or 2 until they might tackle it seriously and the audience size should be similar to bumble by then while taking away tinder, lovoo, badoo and bumble audience.

EDIT:
@Janusch & @Vamos, I used a shirtless pic and it was able to double my matches. I don't have a crazy physique but still above average, it's shown in my log post if you're curious.