Help me pick my online dating photos

Post Reply
User avatar
PinchePendejo
Posts: 158 | Thanks: 63
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:01 am
Name: Bryan
Goal: Be better
Age: 31
Motto: Be consistent

Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:35 am

Sup bros,

Just got my photos from my online dating photoshoot. Link is below:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... zxoPl4vPDd

Any help would be great. Thanks.
User avatar
PinchePendejo
Posts: 158 | Thanks: 63
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:01 am
Name: Bryan
Goal: Be better
Age: 31
Motto: Be consistent

Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:06 am

Updated the access. Had it on restricted...
User avatar
Asst
Posts: 20 | Thanks: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:48 pm
Goal: Improve Game/Sexlife
Age: 29

Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:26 am

What are trying to achieve via online dating? I'd say relationships more smiling pics, hookups less.
Could you categorize the shootings in folders? The images are all over the place, Pics from the same shooting and beginning in the end, you should only choose 1pic max per shooting so there is no overview this way.
User avatar
bluewater
Posts: 27 | Thanks: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2022 6:35 pm
Goal: Get laid
Age: 29
Motto: Let no one say I didn't try my best

Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:01 pm

Fyi I'm a newbie and here's my two cents:

A lot of these seem a bit boyfriend like. You do have a great smile (although some smiles seem staged). Bling is missing in I think most if not all photos.

TMA-009 seems great, quit natural with a great expression, 040 is good too. I'm going to try to recreate this for me if you don't mind :)
TMA-010 seems the most natural of the reading photos, 277 is good too
TMA-216 is good out of the walking pictures
The meditation photos seem staged for some reason I can't put a finger on. Perhaps that's not a bad thing if other photos are natural on your profile? I'm not sure

Your boxing pics are cool but I'm thinking perhaps it should be a bit more lighthearted? or friendly?

The vibe that I get is a guy who has one or two close people but otherwise time spent alone.
As @Asst said, it would be easier for us if you organise the photos in the link
User avatar
PinchePendejo
Posts: 158 | Thanks: 63
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:01 am
Name: Bryan
Goal: Be better
Age: 31
Motto: Be consistent

Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:11 pm

Asst wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:26 am
What are trying to achieve via online dating? I'd say relationships more smiling pics, hookups less.
Could you categorize the shootings in folders? The images are all over the place, Pics from the same shooting and beginning in the end, you should only choose 1pic max per shooting so there is no overview this way.
Ya I'd say I'm more along the lines of a LTR, but don't wanna pigeonhole myself into a bucket. Got them organized into separate folders for viewing.

bluewater wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:01 pm
Fyi I'm a newbie and here's my two cents:

A lot of these seem a bit boyfriend like. You do have a great smile (although some smiles seem staged). Bling is missing in I think most if not all photos.

TMA-009 seems great, quit natural with a great expression, 040 is good too. I'm going to try to recreate this for me if you don't mind :)
TMA-010 seems the most natural of the reading photos, 277 is good too
TMA-216 is good out of the walking pictures
The meditation photos seem staged for some reason I can't put a finger on. Perhaps that's not a bad thing if other photos are natural on your profile? I'm not sure

Your boxing pics are cool but I'm thinking perhaps it should be a bit more lighthearted? or friendly?

The vibe that I get is a guy who has one or two close people but otherwise time spent alone.
As @Asst said, it would be easier for us if you organise the photos in the link
Thanks, brah. Feel free to use any of these as a jumping off point. I think a decent amount of them feel staged. I mean they're great photos, but some of them feel off. I can't place my finger on it. It could be the editing and the whole "why is he staring off at the distance when he's reading?".

So to get the best value I should probably mix in some "regular" photos along with these. Even when I look at them and upload them to dating apps I think of myself as a catfish since some of these photos look like stock photos.
User avatar
Asst
Posts: 20 | Thanks: 9
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:48 pm
Goal: Improve Game/Sexlife
Age: 29

Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:56 pm

I picked one from each folder. As you say, the images look very staged and would be great stock images, so I tried to select for a more natural mix with your goal in mind. In general the images have intense boyfriend vibes. You'd need more masculine stuff and natural/casual pictures mixed in. I would categorize the current shootings in general as "nice to have around" and not "nice to be fucked by". Try to use 5 pics max from these because it would be to staged otherwise.

TMA-323
TMA-096
TMA-082
TMA-211
TMA-019
TMA-032
TMA-138
TMA-140
TMA-307
TMA-297
User avatar
Vamos
Posts: 18 | Thanks: 9
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:07 am
Goal: Being (more) happy
Age: 31

Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:36 am

The pic quality is very good my man, who took them?
Eres latino?
User avatar
PinchePendejo
Posts: 158 | Thanks: 63
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:01 am
Name: Bryan
Goal: Be better
Age: 31
Motto: Be consistent

Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:28 pm

Asst wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:56 pm
I picked one from each folder. As you say, the images look very staged and would be great stock images, so I tried to select for a more natural mix with your goal in mind. In general the images have intense boyfriend vibes. You'd need more masculine stuff and natural/casual pictures mixed in. I would categorize the current shootings in general as "nice to have around" and not "nice to be fucked by". Try to use 5 pics max from these because it would be to staged otherwise.

TMA-323
TMA-096
TMA-082
TMA-211
TMA-019
TMA-032
TMA-138
TMA-140
TMA-307
TMA-297
Thanks for the critique. Really appreciate it. I went ahead and used some of your suggestions. I went ahead and requested the RAW files from the photographer because I really wasn't a fan of how they edited my photos. It's like it had this weird movie filter on all of them. Made it look way too artistic rather than somewhat natural. Attached are some alterations I made after looking up some tutorials. I think they look/feel a bit better. I attached them.
Vamos wrote:
Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:36 am
The pic quality is very good my man, who took them?
Eres latino?
I got them from thematchartist.com. It's really pricey. Si, soy de El Salvador. 8-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Lord Rey
Posts: 142 | Thanks: 28
Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2021 8:45 am
Name: Nicolas
Goal: Make money from home
Age: 29
Location: Switzerland/Poland

Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:05 pm

Nice job with your edits bro, the new version of your pictures looks clearly better IMO !

Otherwise, even your pictures feel staged as fuck, they're all still very high quality obviously. Now, what would be my pic ? I think something like :
TMA-311 for the bar pic
TMA-096 for the box pic
TMA-074 for the cook pic
TMA-212 that your already edited is really nice for the headshot pic
TMA-169 for the hiking pic
TMA-054 for the laptop pic
TMA-036 for the meditation pic
TMA-273 for the "shirtless" pic
TMA-013 for the book pic
TMA-065 for the street pic
User avatar
PinchePendejo
Posts: 158 | Thanks: 63
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:01 am
Name: Bryan
Goal: Be better
Age: 31
Motto: Be consistent

Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:18 pm

@Lord Rey - Thanks, brah. Appreciate the feedback. The pictures are getting slightly higher quality matches, which is good. Still think I can be doing better though.

I'll be updating my pics with more serious/masculine looking photos. Think the first step is to have less pictures of me smiling (although having 1 wouldn't be bad). Main picture should be looking like a dude that gets laid as @Asst said. Whenever those get done I'll reply back here for more feedback. I definitely have a better idea of what to shoot for now.
Post Reply