Trying to decide which camera I should buy

D4vidDG
Name: David
Goal: Get Laid 10 times(2/10)

Tue Jul 19, 2022 4:34 pm

Hey guys.

This is a follow-up post from this one: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1496

So I did some research and I came up with the next table that lists the options I'm considering. It is based onsome models you mentioned in these post. Those numbers are the cheapest price I could find on the Internet.
options.png
Right now, my favorite options are 1) Canon EOS M50 with EFS 50mm f/1.8, 2) Canon M10 with EFS 50 mm f/1.8 3) Nikon D5200 with 50mm 1.4G.

I'm not an expert about cameras, but here are my thoughts on each model.
The first model is cheap and offers great quality. The second is cheaper, worse than the first but still does the job. Also, mirrorless cameras seem to be better than DSLR. I think the third one is worse than the other two, but still offers a decent quality for a reasonable price.

I have a friend that has a Canon EOS 60D, and he could offer a reaally cheap price. He hasn't told me the lens he has yet, but I'll keep it as an option.

Here's my budget:

Optimistic budget: 1333 dollars.

This is assuming I'll get paid for 3 months of work (My job situation is not totally certain) and assuming I'll sell my nintendo switch (which I'd prefer not to do, cause I love it).
budget 1.png
Most realistic budget: 707 dollars.

This is considering I'll get paid for 2 months of work. I'm not selling my switch in this case.

budget 2.png
Here's the deal. I work on a public institution and burocracy makes payment process slow. I'll probably have my realistic budget after two months from now. I'm not sure if I can't wait that long because my goal was to get laid before the year ends and I still need to learn how to use the camera to take awesome photos.

So I'm considering asking for a bank loan by myself or with the help of my parents. I'm kinda reluctant to have debts, so I'm hesitant.

Waiting could be a good option because dollar price has gone up the last weeks (I'm from colombia).

Sorry if that was too much to consider, but I'd like to hear your opinions about my situation so I can make a better decision.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue Jul 19, 2022 5:58 pm

Any reason you couldn't just find someone from a Game or wing group or ask a friend to take photos of you?

This doesn't seem like a sound investment if it requires so much capital and will only be used to take Tinder photos of you.
D4vidDG

Tue Jul 19, 2022 9:16 pm

pancakemouse wrote:
someone from a Game or wing group
Well, there's no one from this forums in Colombia. I searched on Google for groups related to this in my country but I can't find any.
pancakemouse wrote:
ask a friend to take photos of you
I could ask my cousin. He has an Iphone and he took the picture from my profle. But I feel bad bothering him every now and then. I don't know any other friends that own a camera. I'll ask some of them.

I've also explored the possibility of hiring a professional photographer. I looked some profiles on instagram and I found two accounts:

https://www.instagram.com/reyesphotos.col/
I like this guy's work, but he seems to only photograph women. I could ask if he would take photos for me too.

https://www.instagram.com/reyesphotos.col/
iandres 3.png
iandres 2.png
iandres 1.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:28 pm

D4vidDG wrote:
pancakemouse wrote:
someone from a Game or wing group
Well, there's no one from this forums in Colombia. I searched on Google for groups related to this in my country but I can't find any.
https://www.gameglobal.net/groups/
D4vidDG

Sat Jul 23, 2022 1:18 am

pancakemouse wrote:
Wed Jul 20, 2022 1:28 pm
D4vidDG wrote:

https://www.gameglobal.net/groups/
Thanks, I will check it out. So you would recommend not buying a camera? I was thinking on spending that money on a gym subscription, buying more clothes, Tinder Gold and boosts, some stuff to improve my sleep, among other things.
Camtheman
Name: Camren
Goal: Lose Virginity

Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:40 am

I am in the same situation as you, and I just ordered the Canon M50(not mark 2), EF 50mm f/1.8, and EF-EOS M Lens Adapter all today.
Camtheman
Name: Camren
Goal: Lose Virginity

Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:20 am

Camtheman wrote:
Sat Jul 23, 2022 2:40 am
I am in the same situation as you, and I just ordered the Canon M50(not mark 2), EF 50mm f/1.8, and EF-EOS M Lens Adapter all today.
If you buy an adapter, buy it from a third party like this one because it is cheaper than from Canon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07P2CH43B
jeff550
Name: Andrew
Goal: Stop being lazy

Sat Jul 23, 2022 3:22 am

No reason to get into debt for a camera, at the end of the day this lens: https://www.ebay.com/itm/403787997539?e ... SwI3Ni2GCm will work good enough with any Nikon camera body for what you are looking for. This will get you started and build you a good foundation for if you want to upgrade when you are more skilled and have more money. Probably the cheapest way to get started for around $300. If you want to use the camera for more than portraits I would go with the D5200 body and whatever lenses you can afford. Lenses will be cheaper since you can buy AF lenses, and don't need AF-S

I also think you can save on the lens. The 50mm F1.8 is more than good enough IMO, no need to spend that much on that lens when you are getting started.

I know in the guide Andy doesn't recommend buying used lenses, but all my lenses are used and the savings is noticeable and I haven't had any issues with them.

I'm sure there is a similar option for Cannon, I just don't know Cannon at all as I have a Nikon. I also know nothing about Mirrorless options but I would trust what the guys in the other thread said about them, they are more experienced than me.
workhard
Goal: Laid

Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:51 am

Last edited by workhard on Sun Jul 31, 2022 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adrizzle
Goal: Take Action

Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:28 am

If you don’t have to money for a camera, your better off make friends with photographers (check Facebook photography group your city) , look into renting a camera or just pay for a shoot.

I’m working on a little photo guide that I want to sell. Message me if you want it. I need to refine it.

IMO I wouldn’t get a m50 or any dslr. Also the actual photography is less than 60% of an actual photo you need to 1. Pose and then it’s also editing.

I’ve attached the last page of my guide