Advice for Tinder pictures

Jamgoth
Name: James
Goal: Get laid (1/100)

Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:52 pm

Most of these were taken with a professional photographer recently. The day I scheduled the photoshoot was cloudy which isn't ideal. I don't think they are great but it's a step up over the bathroom selfies I have. I think I have a good face but I need to bulk up more, which I'm in the process of doing. I'm definitely not photogenic though, smiling for a camera is very unnatural for me. I think these photos will suffice for now but I want more activity pics or stuff with me with friends. I plan to update these as I get new, better pictures in the future.

Also, obligatory picture of me with a girl (platonic friend) to show I'm social (even though I'm not)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO ... RUdi02czhR
Last edited by Jamgoth on Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
almost30
Goal: Get very hot girls
Motto: Nothing in moderation

Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:17 pm

The links dont work for me
Jamgoth

Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:19 pm

almost30 wrote:
Yeah let me try to fix that
Jamgoth

Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:24 pm

almost30 wrote:
Link should be fixed now (I think)
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:37 pm

Definitely a step up from a bathroom selfie, yeah.

The first photo I'd try to crop, the way it's framed makes your torso look overly long. You can also see dog hair/lint on your shirt, not ideal. Maybe that will not be visible with the app compression.

I would not use the photo of you with the girl. People will think it's your girlfriend and it will hurt you more than help you.

In general, there's not too much you can do here because you just don't have an underlying image that's attractive. You need to go balls to the wall to gain 10lbs of muscle immediately, even if it means putting everything else on hold.

Also, I don't tell many guys this, but smiling may suit you more than not smiling.
Jamgoth

Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:42 pm

pancakemouse wrote:

The first photo I'd try to crop, the way it's framed makes your torso look overly long. You can also see dog hair/lint on your shirt, not ideal. Maybe that will not be visible with the app compression.

I would not use the photo of you with the girl. People will think it's your girlfriend and it will hurt you more than help you.

In general, there's not too much you can do here because you just don't have an underlying image that's attractive. You need to go balls to the wall to gain 10lbs of muscle immediately, even if it means putting everything else on hold.

Also, I don't tell many guys this, but smiling may suit you more than not smiling.
Okay, good advice, I'll get rid of that shirt and not use those pictures. The photographer took several pictures and I think the ones where I smile look worse, I'm not good at forcing a smile.

Do you recommend I still restart my Tinder account with the new pics and see how I do or should I wait to gain more muscle?
pancakemouse

Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:58 pm

Jamgoth wrote:
pancakemouse wrote:

Okay, good advice, I'll get rid of that shirt and not use those pictures. The photographer took several pictures and I think the ones where I smile look worse, I'm not good at forcing a smile.

Do you recommend I still restart my Tinder account with the new pics and see how I do or should I wait to gain more muscle?
Just use the new photos for now. Apps are an iterative process. You are never going to make a great profile right away, it's something you need to test and try and chip away at over time.

If not smiling, you need to work on grimacing in such a way where you don't look angry. Look at some YouTube videos on model poses, print out some images, and practice posing in front of the mirror.
Jamgoth

Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:17 pm

pancakemouse wrote:
Jamgoth wrote:

Just use the new photos for now. Apps are an iterative process. You are never going to make a great profile right away, it's something you need to test and try and chip away at over time.

If not smiling, you need to work on grimacing in such a way where you don't look angry. Look at some YouTube videos on model poses, print out some images, and practice posing in front of the mirror.
So I tried setting up a new account with the new pictures, the three that are less bad. I had to delete my previous account (which I did a couple weeks ago, one that hasn't seen any use in years, but it still had my phone number attached). I paid for gold and did a boost .... and.... I'm still getting no matches. Shit's disappointing man.
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:38 pm

Jamgoth wrote:
pancakemouse wrote:

So I tried setting up a new account with the new pictures, the three that are less bad. I had to delete my previous account (which I did a couple weeks ago, one that hasn't seen any use in years, but it still had my phone number attached). I paid for gold and did a boost .... and.... I'm still getting no matches. Shit's disappointing man.
Take all the advice pancaek gave you and keep going.

For expressions you can also tweak the pics a bit with photoshop apps aswell as playing around with the contrast/lighting of the picture. I'd also advice you to try to take pictures in more high value locations (rooftop bars, shopping centres, on a hike , ...) I get that you feel umcomfortable doing this which is why you can also drive an hour to a location where nobody knows you and be an influencer for a day
Jamgoth

Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:49 pm

kratjeuh wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:38 pm
Jamgoth wrote:

Take all the advice pancaek gave you and keep going.

For expressions you can also tweak the pics a bit with photoshop apps aswell as playing around with the contrast/lighting of the picture. I'd also advice you to try to take pictures in more high value locations (rooftop bars, shopping centres, on a hike , ...) I get that you feel umcomfortable doing this which is why you can also drive an hour to a location where nobody knows you and be an influencer for a day
Yeah, I'll try to get more activity pictures soon.
pancakemouse

Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:03 pm

Jamgoth wrote:
pancakemouse wrote:

You're unlikely to get matches on a Tuesday (evening? I feel like you're in Europe). I consider my profile in the top 30 to 40 percentile depending on the city and even then I frequently get zero matches when using a Boost.

You should pay for Platinum, not Gold. Gold is worthless.
almost30
Goal: Get very hot girls
Motto: Nothing in moderation

Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:55 pm

I only have 1 small tip (because I'm a noob at tinder and I haven't used it in years) but I think you would look better without glasses. Almost everyone does, including myself.
Jamgoth

Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:02 pm

almost30 wrote:
Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:55 pm
I only have 1 small tip (because I'm a noob at tinder and I haven't used it in years) but I think you would look better without glasses. Almost everyone does, including myself.
Yeah I'm trying to get used to putting in contacts.
Mimbe393939
Goal: Learn Japanese

Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:13 pm

I'd consider re-vamping your entire wardrobe to a more minimalistic style, and getting better fitting clothes

I started with all black + white shoes Adidas Stan Smith. I'd start here -> https://killyourinnerloser.com/style-guide/

Consider starting to wear contact lenses, we all had to do it

See how you look with a low skin fade, instead of a business cut or whatever you've got

You're wearing the same shirt, in two photos. Which isn't good

Consider trimming the hairs on your neck, and styling your scruff/facial hair

Lot's of work to be done.

Personally, I'd probably focus more on revamping a lot of these things before tinder, given your results.

You have no edge, you are no threat.
Last edited by Mimbe393939 on Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:26 pm, edited 5 times in total.
MY STORY - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=1423

PUBLIC PROGRESS LOG - viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1430

Difficulty shows what men are. Epictetus
The world turns aside to let any man pass who knows where he is going. Epictetus
hush
Goal: build my physique

Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:19 pm

I agree you'd look better without glasses or with better looking glasses. I also agree about adding 10lbs of muscle.

Let your hair grow then get a good haircut

Have you tried growing a beard?

Also, work on your look, your clothes aren't flattering.

Lastly, if you're not social then work on that, getting girls will be much easier

You have good potential, gotta exploit it 👍