New pics improvement?

Lord Rey
Name: Nicolas
Goal: Make serious money

Wed Mar 01, 2023 12:56 am

I agree with what was said above man. IMO, selfies are to be discarded entirely from being in a serious dating profile.

There are a few exceptions of course, but your example isn't a good one. Sometimes, you can get a decent selfie if you take it with a selfie stick in a nice place showing value, or if it is a social pic where you're looking good with people giving some value around you.

I just made a video for my business channel why selfies are bad, I gave 5 points why we should not use them:
  1. Bad vertical angle: selfies are usually taken with a shitty unflattering angle.
  2. Too close-up: if you don't use a selfie stick, your face will often be too close to the camera.
  3. Lens distortion: smartphones have wide-angle lenses causing a big distortion, making your face look worse than in reality (bigger nose and looking more fat).
  4. Low value: a selfie is a low effort and low value pic. It carries with it the stigma of being too low value by communicating that you're not important enough for other people to bother taking pics of you.
  5. Selfies are in the overwhelming majority of profiles: you don't want to have a profile like most guys, you want to have something that stands out and looks way above average.
Furthermore, you should be advanced enough to not listen to what girls say on your profile. You don't listen to a fish to learn fishing. Girls will always find something bad in any profile, that doesn't mean that you should listen to their critics. Hell, most of my FWBs criticized my profile a lot, saying that I look creepy in one pic, too serious in another, not smiling enough overall, etc. I always answered: "And yet you still swiped right on me! :)".
MILFandCookies
Name: Joe
Goal: $10k+/month
Motto: Unchain your Passion & Live Life on Your Own Terms

Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:10 am

kratjeuh wrote:
Fri Sep 23, 2022 5:39 pm
All pics that I’d consider semi usable for online dating.

Love to know which ones you guys think are good enough and in which order to place them. I want to start using OLD again even though the profile won’t be perfect as of yet.

I’d also like to know which type of pics you would recommend me taking if I plan a new photoshoot (streetstyle, fancier place, …)
Great shit. I like most of them.

There are a couple where you're standing square to the camera, standing up straight. It's natural to think "stand up straight to look confident." In reality, relaxed = confident.

A relaxed, confident guy stands with one foot in front and one foot behind, and all his weight on his back foot, almost diagonal to the camera.

Think more natural poses, and less "this looks strong and confident." "Relaxed = confident" is a good guideline.

Most of these are solid though. Catching up on the rest of the posts, I am sure I'll have more to say given the new headline about selfies.
I've helped > 100 guys get laid on dating apps.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

P.S. I don't like MILFs, just the name ;)

Goal 1:
• Build + maintain $10k+ profit/month

Goal 2:
• Cut some fat to get abs again
MILFandCookies

Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:11 am

kratjeuh wrote:
Thu Oct 27, 2022 5:56 pm
Got 2 new ones with a similar purpose, are these better?
A bit stiff. Facial expression... Try having a friend there off camera you're actually joking around with. Nothing screams candid than actual candidness.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

Goal 1:

Goal 2:
MILFandCookies

Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:14 am

Lord Rey wrote:
I agree with what was said above man. IMO, selfies are to be discarded entirely from being in a serious dating profile.

There are a few exceptions of course, but your example isn't a good one. Sometimes, you can get a decent selfie if you take it with a selfie stick in a nice place showing value, or if it is a social pic where you're looking good with people giving some value around you.

I just made a video for my business channel why selfies are bad, I gave 5 points why we should not use them:
  1. Bad vertical angle: selfies are usually taken with a shitty unflattering angle.
  2. Too close-up: if you don't use a selfie stick, your face will often be too close to the camera.
  3. Lens distortion: smartphones have wide-angle lenses causing a big distortion, making your face look worse than in reality (bigger nose and looking more fat).
  4. Low value: a selfie is a low effort and low value pic. It carries with it the stigma of being too low value by communicating that you're not important enough for other people to bother taking pics of you.
  5. Selfies are in the overwhelming majority of profiles: you don't want to have a profile like most guys, you want to have something that stands out and looks way above average.
Furthermore, you should be advanced enough to not listen to what girls say on your profile. You don't listen to a fish to learn fishing. Girls will always find something bad in any profile, that doesn't mean that you should listen to their critics. Hell, most of my FWBs criticized my profile a lot, saying that I look creepy in one pic, too serious in another, not smiling enough overall, etc. I always answered: "And yet you still swiped right on me! :)".
No. Selfies. Tattoo that on the back of your hand if you have to.

They add nothing. If you want a "shittier, less professional photo" that's actually a strategy I've seen work... a profile with mostly solid fucking photos but one or two "shittier" photos taken with a smartphone... by someone else. That's a great strategy and would def. persue at least to experiment.

Sure a selfie can work sometimes. But it's the exception, not the rule.

Goal 1:

Goal 2:
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:21 am

pancakemouse wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:19 pm
The selfies are not good. The facial expressions are off. You look distressed/worried/concerned. You're also looking down at the camera.

It's obvious to me by now that you're not able to consistently pull off an acceptable facial expression unless you're smiling. So either smile, or practice your poses until you have them down.
How do you spot that expressions are off? I've actually been doing the posing stuff but I just can't seem to figure out when a pic looks relaxed and when I look distressed as you mentioned, let alone conveying these emotions. I was feeling very comfortable when taking the pic so I might have a recency bias because I knew my feeling at that moment.

Do you reckon it's usable if I can edit the expression better? Even though the angle is maybe not perfect. Or do you think I'm just not at the facial level yet where I can successfully pull off the selfie?
Paid Renegade wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2023 10:43 pm
Yeah not a fan of this particular selfie or the park bench pic. The one of you holding a coffee looks great IMO.
I feel uncomfortable using that picture (as well as some others posted here) because I feel like I overdid the edit and I don't really look like that. Maybe I'm wrong here but ultimately I need to feel good about the pics I'm showing.
Lord Rey wrote:
I agree with everything you listed down here and I'm fully aware that in 99.99% of scenarios, it's better to have a regular pic taken by someone else.
But the exception makes the rule and if you are able to pull off an amazing selfie, you are an anomaly which is very desired. So yeah I do think it has its merit and ideally I could find a time and place to take a sick group selfie with some attractive girls and friends.
Paid Renegade
Name: Colton
Goal: Make Money

Wed Mar 01, 2023 6:23 pm

kratjeuh wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:21 am

I feel uncomfortable using that picture (as well as some others posted here) because I feel like I overdid the edit and I don't really look like that. Maybe I'm wrong here but ultimately I need to feel good about the pics I'm showing.
Ahhh, okay. I agree that’s a good reason not to use the photo then.

Regarding the whole selfie debate, obviously there are guys who can get away with it-
D18C289A-8C38-44DB-9BD0-585F42315B70.jpeg
But even then, you’d be infinitely better off having someone else take a picture of you doing something interesting or showing some personality.

The way I use iPhone selfies in online dating is to send them to girls who ask for more pictures after we’ve already traded numbers.

If you want to put a selfie in your actual profile, I think something along these lines would look much better (ripped these straight from Andy’s tinder guide) -
3855BA9A-C546-46FB-BA33-248C996A1786.jpeg
9987E8F0-53B7-469F-BF52-28B8BF122A44.jpeg
They’re not too close up and they look interesting because they communicate actual information about the guy’s personality/hobbies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.