Looking for Feedback and Advice on Photos/Looks

Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:54 am

AskTheDom wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:56 am
Vamos wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:42 am
To be honest , i don't like any of them 1a and 1b are okeyish. Your looks are fine, but the pictures will certainly not work very well with women. You might be able to appeal to a few hippie women with the pictures where you went to this Goa Rave, but that creeps most other women out tbh.

Book a photographer for 200$€, take some basic outfits with you, tell the photographer you want to look masculine in the pics, edit them a bit -> win
I agree on the sentence but disagree with the message.

I'm not the best looking guy on the apps (and doing market research there are guys better looking, fit, tall than me) but what I nailed down is my archetype-look.
On the dating apps, like mostly things digital, attention and curiosity are what get people in the door.+

Will he appeal to a lot of women? probably not, you are right

Will he get laid with chicks that matches him? probably yes.

I have a Biker/Bdsm/rocker archetype..the kind of guy that will try to fuck her in the toilet of a seedy bar
I agree. In the end, it is a personal choice which route you go. A wide range of women, or a specific niche, but fewer options. I'm sure that men with a much worse "portfolio" than me can attract hippie/leftwing/metal/whatsoever women, but I wouldn't stand a chance, while those guys would struggle with "normal" girls.

Sincerious wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:32 am
That being said, these comments have helped me realise that even if I have good rave pics, with my current physique, it's just not worth it for me to mix in that archetype/vibe, and I'll probably put off a lot of girls as @Vamos said. It's difficult because I got positive comments on #5, but it seems like it will hinder my profile more than help. This is backed up by my personal experience of raving with a huge crew, where only the few jacked guys we have actually pull at those events.

I'm thinking now I'm better off focusing on a street style maybe with some outdoorsy pics/styles mixed in.

I will definitely book a photographer at some point when I have the extra cash. I'll stick with developing my self-photography skills, as I've got the gear to do so now. I know the process will be slower but the benefits are I'll learn a lot and become more self sufficient that way.
I would also advise creating "vibes" that appeal to many women and not just one niche. But as I said, in the end it's a personal decision. If I'm a metalhead and also want a woman from this scene, I have to sell myself like that.

If you want, you can write me a PM. I had a shooting last weekend and I think I know a a bit about self-portraits aswell.
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
Sincerious
Goal: Social Freedom
Motto: Primacy of Direct Experience

Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:40 pm

Lord Rey wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:16 am
Sincerious wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:31 am
However I’m glad I didn’t let that prevent me from taking action in the meantime. A couple days after I posted this, I bit the bullet and threw my pics into photofeeler, even though I’ve heard from you guys that it’s not that useful. As a newbie it still gave me enough confidence that my pics/looks were worth giving a shot on the apps.
Yeah, Photofeeler is really unreliable. I used it a ton for my pictures and some of my friends. It still can be useful for a quick (and really dirty) feedback, and for comparing two edits of the same pic.

The main problem with this service is that you don't know from where your votes come from. I live in Europe and I noticed a trend : my score is heavily impacted by when I launch a test on Photofeeler. In the morning I get way better results than in the evening. Why is that ? I suppose it's because when I launch a test in the morning, it's the peak hour for Asian users and thus most of my votes come from Asian girls who are so much into white guys...

That's my theory and it's a bit of speculation, but I can show you an example :
Screenshot_20221010-090501~3.png

Same pics, one got tested during the day 3 X 10 votes, and the other got tested 1 X 20 votes in the morning.

I could have been tricked to think that this pic is great when in reality it's very mediocre...

Thanks for your perspective. That's some interesting speculation. I also noticed that if I for example added +10 votes at a totally different time, it would give significantly different results. So if that theories true, it's yet another reason not to bother with photofeeler.

Good point on the the value of comparing two edits at the same time.
hush wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:31 am
Considering I'm not planning on using #5 now, looks like it's back to the drawing board for me.
Why? It's the best one by far.
7a also looks good to me but keep in mind I know zero about pictures and OLD
Yeah I have been using 7a despite it looking a bit too professional. Have been talking about why I'm not using #5 as per below convo.

Vamos wrote:
Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:54 am

I agree. In the end, it is a personal choice which route you go. A wide range of women, or a specific niche, but fewer options. I'm sure that men with a much worse "portfolio" than me can attract hippie/leftwing/metal/whatsoever women, but I wouldn't stand a chance, while those guys would struggle with "normal" girls.

I would also advise creating "vibes" that appeal to many women and not just one niche. But as I said, in the end it's a personal decision. If I'm a metalhead and also want a woman from this scene, I have to sell myself like that.

If you want, you can write me a PM. I had a shooting last weekend and I think I know a a bit about self-portraits aswell.

It does make sense to me now talking with you that adding pics that tailor to extreme niches like you mentioned, would be counterproductive based on my goals.

Seeing as how "normal" girls are the majority and I'm going for an abundance and variety of girls, focusing on building a solid, generally attractive foundation like you're doing seems to be my best bet. Eventually I may tailor towards my preferred specific niche of girls.

I'll shoot you a PM, cheers.
Sincerious

Sun Jan 08, 2023 2:48 am

Hey guys back again with an update. Finally broke my 3+ year dry spell and got laid just before Xmas! What a relief. First date as well which I've never done before. What an amazing resource the guide and forums are. So grateful.

Anyway, have slowly been chipping away improving my style and taking pics casually.

Took @Vamos advice, bit the bullet and did a photoshoot with a dating photographer. $300 for 1 hr.

What do you guys think? What are the best ones in the lot and where to put them in my profile?
(I can only choose 10 out of the 38 otherwise I have to shell out extra.)

https://yoram.shootproof.com/gallery/20484360/home
MFbag
Goal: Get rich as fuck
Motto: Knowers know

Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:20 am

#5 by far the best IMO
LGTM
Sincerious

Mon Jan 09, 2023 1:07 pm

MFbag wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 3:20 am
#5 by far the best IMO
Thanks for the feedback mate. Not surprised it's a sherpa jacket pic haha. Glad I chose to bring it to the shoot.

Will try using #5 as my main. Hopefully others chime in on the other outfit pics so I can better see if there are any others worth adding to the mix. I think there's at least 1.
klondike
Goal: Drop to 205lbs

Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:26 am

Massive improvement

5 is tops, then 69333
Sincerious

Sat Jan 14, 2023 1:09 pm

klondike wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:26 am
Massive improvement

5 is tops, then 69333
Thanks man, that means a lot.

That's given me enough feedback to select top 10. Not sure if you meant 3+33 or 33? I picked both anyway. Appreciate the feedback.
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:48 pm

Sincerious wrote:
Hey guys back again with an update. Finally broke my 3+ year dry spell and got laid just before Xmas! What a relief. First date as well which I've never done before. What an amazing resource the guide and forums are. So grateful.

Anyway, have slowly been chipping away improving my style and taking pics casually.

Took @Vamos advice, bit the bullet and did a photoshoot with a dating photographer. $300 for 1 hr.

What do you guys think? What are the best ones in the lot and where to put them in my profile?

Good results! al already selected some? If you want i can edit them a bit aka make your face slightly (!) more attractive (it's good, just a small boost).
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
Sincerious

Mon Feb 13, 2023 10:04 am

Vamos wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:48 pm
Sincerious wrote:

Good results! al already selected some? If you want i can edit them a bit aka make your face slightly (!) more attractive (it's good, just a small boost).
Thank you man! I have selected them already yes. I've also taken your advice on using FaceApp which is a killer photo editor.