Taking Self Portraits

Mitos
Name: Bjoern
Goal: Get a hot girlfriend
Motto: What is the worst thing that can happen ...

Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:37 am

I don't have anyone right now takes pictures of me right now on a regular basis. What are your experiences with taking Self Portraits. Is it a good option or do I need someone to take photos of me.

Is a iPhone 12 good enough for that or better I invest in a DSLR camera. I really want to improve my tinder profile and getting pictures taken of me on a regular basis is holding me back right now so I want to change that.
Goals 2022:
- Find a hot girlfriend
- 80kg athletic build with sixpack
- make 10k with own business (done)
Mr Privacy
Goal: Be Happy
Motto: Never be Average

Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:53 pm

I invested in a mirrorless camera, lens, and tripod. I used the Canon app as a remote to take photos. You can see some of the photos I have taken here. viewtopic.php?f=5&t=1695
Mitos
Name: Bjoern
Goal: Get a hot girlfriend
Motto: What is the worst thing that can happen ...

Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:27 am

Thanks @Mr Privacy I try to get my hands on a DSLR camera from a friend and take some pictures with it. Ultimately I need a buddy or photographer who can take quality pictures of me.
Goals 2022:
- Find a hot girlfriend
- 80kg athletic build with sixpack
- make 10k with own business (done)
ytlord
Goal: Live without regrets

Tue Oct 18, 2022 1:17 pm

I had great success taking self portraits in public with a tripod, remote, and DSLR. My current best photo was admittedly taken by someone else, but I had tons of OLD success before that photo using self portrait techniques. The trick is to just lean into how autistic you look out in public and grind that shit out.
noname
Goal: Get 8+

Sat Oct 29, 2022 10:53 am

I have a iPhone 13 Pro and a high grade DSLR (real mirrorless).

For OLD/Social Photos I prefer my iPhone.

Reasons:
- easy to go
- all the time with me
- photos near instant usable
- instant quality rocks for Online stuff

You can buy Bluetooth remote control, tripod, light for Smartphones that will help.

If you spend serious money for a high grade DSLR with good optics (3k+) and take time on editing you will get better high resolution Photos. BUT wherever you upload them Instagram, Tinder, Facebook, they will compress them, on end you will not see any difference between most Photos.

In case you need to shot Photos, where you have fast movement then you need go with a DSLR.
MILFandCookies
Name: Joe
Goal: $10k+/month
Motto: Unchain your Passion & Live Life on Your Own Terms

Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:14 pm

Mitos wrote:
Sat Oct 15, 2022 6:37 am
I don't have anyone right now takes pictures of me right now on a regular basis. What are your experiences with taking Self Portraits. Is it a good option or do I need someone to take photos of me.

Is a iPhone 12 good enough for that or better I invest in a DSLR camera. I really want to improve my tinder profile and getting pictures taken of me on a regular basis is holding me back right now so I want to change that.
I'm actually creating a video course on this this year to give value to people who for whatever reason don't want to book a photoshoot with me.

Here's a self-portrait of me with my Cannon EOS R:
2G4A8983-smaller-4-5.jpg
And here's one I took with my iPhone 12 mini:
296393694_2039195402933593_731960018449611588_n.jpg
The iPhone one is clearly not as good - but! it's still good.

What's more important than your gear is your photography skill... specifically your composition and framing.

With good skill you can take advantage of better gear. Def. suggest getting a good camera, but either way, improve your skill in composing a photo.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've helped > 100 guys get laid on dating apps.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

P.S. I don't like MILFs, just the name ;)

Goal 1:
• Build + maintain $10k+ profit/month

Goal 2:
• Cut some fat to get abs again