Review my old pics

Sin Silver
Name: Silver
Goal: Build a career
Motto: You're responsible for your own happiness

Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:07 pm

So I haven't used online dating in a whilst, but I thought I'd join int he fun and ask for a review. Fire away.

2.jpg
This was taken right after I had a £30 hair and beard cut. I felt amazing, and whilst it's just a walking iPhone selfie, I feel so sharp in it.
1.jpg
Probably one of my favorites. My hair and face look amazing, I'm surrounding by smiling people doing something interesting.
3.jpg
Not a particularly good shot, but I've got to show off that PhD somehow.
4.jpg
Not a good shot, but I wna tot show I look good in a dress suit.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JamalHash123
Goal: Get to $1k ecomm income

Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:13 am

You're a decent looking guy

so I'm gonna be harsh because I think your ego can take it

1. Not too bad because you have a decent face and good grooming, but selfies just aren't great
2. Your friends add zero value
3. Adds zero value, what does this convey
4. This will actually hurt you because the suit just isn't good. Suits only help you if they're good and they fit well IMO - at least that's my experience in major cities (NY, London), not sure about smaller cities where people have less experience with menswear..."Superdrug" makes me think you're in the UK but I'm not sure where...I'm gonna geek out as a menswear geek for a second here:
4a. Massive collar gap - you can see the suit flaring out between your chest and the lapel. This is usually because of a suit with a chest that's not big enough, or because of some other issue (fit in the shoulders or the neck, or possibly the back)
4b. Yellow tie isn't great but it could be good but this one looks like it's made of cheap polyester and not silk
4c. Peak lapel is too narrow. This isn't fatal but narrow lapels were trendy 5-10 years ago, but any more.
4d. Buttons are bad...contrast white plastic buttons are just never good.
4e. Is it just me or are there no pockets in the suit...?
4f. I can tell from a 400x400 pic that this is a fused Topman/H&M/Zara suit, not canvassed, because of how the suit drapes.

And also this pic doesn't add value because the house is a mess and there's no reason for you to be wearing that suit unless it's a dress-up party which just doesn't signal "cool" IMO.

My gut says that your fashion needs upgrading the most. Either go the GoodLookingLoser route, or go the well-dressed route since you're 30+ (Google HeSpokeStyle, Andreas Weinas, Justus Hansen, Alan See)

As for the suit (I'm geeking out because I'm a menswear geek), go to your nearest SuitSupply (or just order online, they do free shipping and free returns), and buy a dark navy or dark gray two piece notch lapel Napoli or Lazio fit suit. Measure yourself but you look to be about a 38R or 40R (if you're around 5'11 which I'm guessing you are).
Sin Silver
Name: Silver
Goal: Build a career
Motto: You're responsible for your own happiness

Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:02 am

Thanks a lot for your input, especially on the suit. Despite improving my style and fitness a lot recently, it's been a whilst since I have actually taken any good pics. I need to find a way to take some more.