9 simple tips to de emphasize flaws in your model

NeverSayNeverAgain
Goal: Feel and look my best

Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:27 am

Thought I would post this link I found in case anyone finds it helpful.

https://improvephotography.com/1150/9-s ... our-model/

Anyone have any thoughts on the following:

Problem #2: Thin hair or bald patches. If your subject's hair has seen better days, you might consider doing the opposite of tip #1. By underexposing the photo, the individual strands of hair will not stand out as much.

I am trying to figure out why often my hair looks terrible in photos (can see right through the hairline to the scalp) and in other photos, it looks decent, with a solid hairline. Not being able to see the individual strands of hair does seem to be a large factor. I can make it look good in my mirror using products like volumizing mousse and toppik (thanks to good looking loser for his toppik video!) but whether it will look good in a photo taken later the same day is a crapshoot.
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Sat Oct 29, 2022 8:54 am

NeverSayNeverAgain wrote:
Sat Oct 29, 2022 3:27 am
Thought I would post this link I found in case anyone finds it helpful.

https://improvephotography.com/1150/9-s ... our-model/

Anyone have any thoughts on the following:

Problem #2: Thin hair or bald patches. If your subject's hair has seen better days, you might consider doing the opposite of tip #1. By underexposing the photo, the individual strands of hair will not stand out as much.

I am trying to figure out why often my hair looks terrible in photos (can see right through the hairline to the scalp) and in other photos, it looks decent, with a solid hairline. Not being able to see the individual strands of hair does seem to be a large factor. I can make it look good in my mirror using products like volumizing mousse and toppik (thanks to good looking loser for his toppik video!) but whether it will look good in a photo taken later the same day is a crapshoot.
Use Faceapp impression filter "Hollywood 3", this feature makes my hair look so much better in pics. Seems to make it darker and covers bald spots better, you should experiment a little bit with it.

Furthermore, almost everyone uses photoshop in any type of way (A study in 2015 showed that over 80% of people edit their pics before posting, this number has obviously grown since online presence becomes more important every day so you shouldn't be ashamed to do so as well). The easiest way imo is to use lightroom mobile which conveniently is free. You can work very detailed or just click on auto and lightroom will fix the lighting based on artificial intelligence. I'd say about 90% of pics come out banging with just clicking on the feature.

Unless you want to become a photographer or take your profile extremely seriously, there's no need to learn too much about photography. You should know some basics which I'm pretty sure you do. The rest of your time is better spent doing more important stuff like gym, making money, and skincare, ...
NeverSayNeverAgain
Goal: Feel and look my best

Sun Oct 30, 2022 4:16 am

Use Faceapp impression filter "Hollywood 3", this feature makes my hair look so much better in pics. Seems to make it darker and covers bald spots better, you should experiment a little bit with it.

Furthermore, almost everyone uses photoshop in any type of way (A study in 2015 showed that over 80% of people edit their pics before posting, this number has obviously grown since online presence becomes more important every day so you shouldn't be ashamed to do so as well). The easiest way imo is to use lightroom mobile which conveniently is free. You can work very detailed or just click on auto and lightroom will fix the lighting based on artificial intelligence. I'd say about 90% of pics come out banging with just clicking on the feature.
Thanks for the tips. I downloaded both those apps and I agree the Hollywood 3 filter makes my hair look better immediately. I need to play around with those apps some more.
Lord Rey
Name: Nicolas
Goal: Make serious money

Sun Oct 30, 2022 1:01 pm

I think these tips are legit, but I wouldn't stress too much with that stuff. Especially tip #9 as fixing teeth color is actually easy.

I agree with @kratjeuh, these days all the small flaws and details can be corrected via editing. You don't need to get your perfect picture straight from the camera. Focus on improving style, facial expressions, poses and showing interesting stuff. Computer magic will take care of the rest.