Tinder/OLD pic review

Myelinated
Name: Julius
Goal: Enjoy Life
Motto: Audentis Fortuna Iuvat

Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:28 am

Hi, I was wondering if I could get these critiqued. I tend to use the app sparingly and haven’t paid for anything yet; I assume my account is in ELO hell after years of looking like shit so I want to start fresh with a burner phone and new number. I plan to crop, flip, and/or liquify any pic that’s already been uploaded to them on the old account. This is probably overkill but either way, I swiped through a fair number of women in boston already and they should get a second look at me now that I’ve gotten more fit.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Aq5pc52Zapc_gaIpKjjOPdPrOZkcsg

There’s a folder with alternatives and I should be expecting a couple of wedding photos where i’m wearing a suit soonish (the one in the alternatives right now, but more recent and hopefully better). I also have some obvious low effort gym/bathroom selfies in alts and wonder if I have the physique yet to pull them off for casual lays…?
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:01 am

Myelinated wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if I could get these critiqued. I tend to use the app sparingly and haven’t paid for anything yet; I assume my account is in ELO hell after years of looking like shit so I want to start fresh with a burner phone and new number. I plan to crop, flip, and/or liquify any pic that’s already been uploaded to them on the old account. This is probably overkill but either way, I swiped through a fair number of women in boston already and they should get a second look at me now that I’ve gotten more fit.

There’s a folder with alternatives and I should be expecting a couple of wedding photos where i’m wearing a suit soonish (the one in the alternatives right now, but more recent and hopefully better). I also have some obvious low effort gym/bathroom selfies in alts and wonder if I have the physique yet to pull them off for casual lays…?
The only usable one is your Kill Your Inner Loser profile photo. Everything else needs to be replaced, and the alternatives are not suitable.

1. Cut to 12% bodyfat.
2. Complete wardrobe overhaul. Your current clothes need to be shelved and everything bought anew per modern style guidelines.
3. Professional photoshoot, a lá https://killyourinnerloser.com/inspiration/
4. No need for a hard rest. Soft reset only. Just delete your account and recreate. Elo no longer exists, and its analogue adjusts quickly.
Myelinated

Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:39 am

pancakemouse wrote:
Myelinated wrote:

The only usable one is your Kill Your Inner Loser profile photo. Everything else needs to be replaced, and the alternatives are not suitable.

1. Cut to 12% bodyfat.
2. Complete wardrobe overhaul. Your current clothes need to be shelved and everything bought anew per modern style guidelines.
4. No need for a hard rest. Soft reset only. Just delete your account and recreate. Elo no longer exists, and its analogue adjusts quickly.
Thanks. Is there a good guide for wardrobe style? Hair as well?
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:54 am

Myelinated wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 5:39 am
pancakemouse wrote:

1. Cut to 12% bodyfat.
Thanks. Is there a good guide for wardrobe style? Hair as well?
https://thehatfish.com/ by @Radical.

Not sure about hair.
Myelinated

Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:25 pm

As andy mentioned, incremental progress is good. No reason to scrap a bunch of good photos at once just because i weighed more or wasn’t wearing the right clothes. The axe picture for instance is highly unique.

That being said I’ve been looking for more chances to use my dslr. This should be a great shot. What do you think?
DCAB7B47-5827-41CD-91C1-6F2DC068C868.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Myelinated

Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:25 pm

0D72436B-653F-4720-B9DF-1921F659A36B.jpeg
C2755C88-1795-4036-9E80-2A42415A61D8.jpeg
C03A720D-3348-4271-81CC-88B52C8A5863.jpeg
And a couple more. Profile should be rounded out now, I just need to pick up a burner phone and sim card so I can start fresh on the apps
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Adrizzle
Goal: Take Action

Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:44 pm

Not bad not great but there is progress
Myelinated wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 8:25 pm

DCAB7B47-5827-41CD-91C1-6F2DC068C868.jpeg
Useable. This could be better if your face was neutral or smiling. Maybe some girls into the scowl. Editing can make it pop more. Bring down white/highlights on your face. Maybe cut the blues, hue around the greens.

Other photo of you smiling with the camera ain’t bad. Keep shooting
Bman
Name: Brandon
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Pursue Purpose

Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:12 am

Myelinated wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 11:25 pm
And a couple more
Unless you're jacked like Vin Diesal, do not wear a wife beater. Even then, you don't have the bad boy look to pull it off. So putting it bluntly, you look like a wife beater. Not putting you down or actually calling you that, just letting you know the perception those photos give.

Also it's better if you can do something with the dog to get it looking at you or the camera.

One with the camera is ok, but it's better if you can put yourself in a interesting background like with graffiti or neon lights or some cool sculptures. Anything that plays up the artistic vibe. For example I took one in a hall of mirrors with neon lights in it for my "photographer" shot.
Public Log: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1397
Year 1: viewtopic.php?p=49033#p49033
Year 2: viewtopic.php?p=66924#p66924

"Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee
MFbag
Goal: Get rich as fuck
Motto: Knowers know

Sun Dec 11, 2022 12:25 am

I think the selfie with the DSLR in the woods is decent
LGTM
klondike
Goal: Drop to 205lbs

Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:46 am

Fleece/north face is definitely not ideal for a photo — switch it out for something ‘cooler’ if you can.
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:41 am

I must be very hard on you, but I think lying to you is worse.
Look at the official Tinder statistics, women swipe to the right on average only 4% of men. On average (!), attractive women will be even more picky.

Unfortunately, you don't even come close to being one of those accounts. But there is hope, you don't have any unfixable flaws and almost every (unfortunately not every) man can become above average if he works on his looks.
You have a solid base, you can make it into an above-average attractive man in about a year.

1: Go to the Gym and learn how to exercise and eat. Consider getting a good online fitness coach.

2: You're a bit overweight, you need to lose weight, take that as motivation: https://www.boredpanda.com/before-after ... gn=organic

3: Use Minoxidil to get fuller brows, it makes a huge difference.

4: Try different hairstyles

5: There is a lot more, but the above things are the basics

Good luck, you can make it.
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:54 am

Vamos wrote:
Agree with everything except this.

Some people (me included) just don’t have prominent eyebrows and minoxidil won’t fix this. I’ve been searching for months trying to find a solution and haven’t found it yet.

To get decent brows on a pic you need to have good lighting and use photoshop to make them stand out a bit more
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Mon Dec 19, 2022 9:59 am

kratjeuh wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Some people (me included) just don’t have prominent eyebrows and minoxidil won’t fix this. I’ve been searching for months trying to find a solution and haven’t found it yet.

To get decent brows on a pic you need to have good lighting and use photoshop to make them stand out a bit more
I would try it anyway, there are people who respond well to it and others just don't. It doesn't cost much and the effort isn't high either, maybe this guy is lucky. Possibly in combination with castor oil.

If you have the money, you care a lot about "looksmaxing", and you want to go all in, you can also have an eyebrow transplant. Of course you should look for a very good practitioner for this, who doesn't fuck it up. An example: https://drkolstad.com/hair-restoration/ ... san-diego/
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
Myelinated

Mon Jan 09, 2023 12:56 am

kratjeuh wrote:
Vamos wrote:

Actually Lightroom has an eyebrow enhancing filter, of all things. Though I think at that point it’s really getting into diminishing returns, no offense. I don’t want to lay 10/10 women where a thicker eyebrow tips them over the edge from yes to no…

Anyway, I think I got a pretty good front picture candidate here… maybe if I really wanted to I can blur the background a bit…
78D8114B-7B26-469D-91D3-C64D25ED4867.jpeg
Myelinated

Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:36 am

213277F9-8C3A-45BF-B224-DD78F5318676.jpeg
Have I ascended bros?