Facial expressions feedback

mikkel
Goal: Find GF
Motto: Dont prejudice if you dont know

Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:24 pm

Bought canon eos r, played around with it for one weekend with a friend. I dont need feedback for the photos itself now, since they are all bad in terms of good tinder photos. Looking for feedback about my facial expressions.

Did over 2000 shots on that weekend. 90% of the photos I looked angry/arrogant. See the photos I added.

Need feedback how to improve my facial expressions.

Should I take most photos without smiling at all?
What do you guys think is the best photo of these ones in terms of facial expression?

I think best one is the neutral1 photo with white shirt but got already like 10 notes in Photofeeler that I look arrogant in that/different facial expression would be better so I am really confused, because I think I dont look arrogant in that one.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:13 am

2nd and last pic are good, but you need to add more smiling and candid pics to your profile. You don't have the phenotype to look neutral, some people can but you can't, it seems a bit aggressive since you have a robust skull (nothing bad). But for sure use one of those pics but add mire friendly one to send more approachable vibes.
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
mikkel

Wed Jun 21, 2023 5:18 pm

Vamos wrote:
Wed Jun 21, 2023 7:13 am
2nd and last pic are good, but you need to add more smiling and candid pics to your profile. You don't have the phenotype to look neutral, some people can but you can't, it seems a bit aggressive since you have a robust skull (nothing bad). But for sure use one of those pics but add mire friendly one to send more approachable vibes.

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Took a look to your log, amazing, want to be like that someday!

Need more candid pics for sure. But do you really think more smiley photos in general are good in tinder and overall in my case? I've read smiling adds friendly vibe instead of masculine attraction and smiling shows unconfidence. I might be wrong but it seems plenty of ppl suggest to not smile in photos for tinder.
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:38 am

mikkel wrote:
Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Took a look to your log, amazing, want to be like that someday!

Need more candid pics for sure. But do you really think more smiley photos in general are good in tinder and overall in my case? I've read smiling adds friendly vibe instead of masculine attraction and smiling shows unconfidence. I might be wrong but it seems plenty of ppl suggest to not smile in photos for tinder.
Thanks mate, btw are you german? You look like you have german or northern european roots.

I think the advice not to smile is bad, my experiences are different. But also, you shouldn't just be laughing like a clown in every picture or in real life, that's unmanly. Women usually want a masculine man (consciously or unconsciously) who can be serious and protect them if the worst comes to the worst (in 99% of cases hypothetical, but these are our instincts), but also a man who can be fun around.

We subconsciously categorize people based on their facial features. You have a very masculine and still good looking face which is very positive! But it can be intimidating. Women are usually physically weaker to us and they have to be able to trust a man. So if you come across as very masculine and serious, you may have covered the protector's instinctive attractiveness trigger, but you don't come across as trustworthy, which will put many girls off. The more attraction factors you address, the better.

Some scientific stuff about it:

https://www.princeton.edu/news/2008/08/ ... ntists-say

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... attractive

On my dating profiles i have pictures with a neutral look and 2 laughing/smiling pics. The laughing pictures are by far the best. You can see that in the pictures that are liked on Hinge and on Tinder and Bumble I have this function that the best picture is displayed in the first place (i.e. the picture that is viewed the longest and where I get the most swipes). You want to look masculine and serious on some pics, but also show that you enjoy life and have fun, that's the best combination.
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691
mikkel

Mon Jun 26, 2023 4:06 pm

Vamos wrote:
Thu Jun 22, 2023 7:38 am
mikkel wrote:

Thanks mate, btw are you german? You look like you have german or northern european roots.

I think the advice not to smile is bad, my experiences are different. But also, you shouldn't just be laughing like a clown in every picture or in real life, that's unmanly. Women usually want a masculine man (consciously or unconsciously) who can be serious and protect them if the worst comes to the worst (in 99% of cases hypothetical, but these are our instincts), but also a man who can be fun around.

We subconsciously categorize people based on their facial features. You have a very masculine and still good looking face which is very positive! But it can be intimidating. Women are usually physically weaker to us and they have to be able to trust a man. So if you come across as very masculine and serious, you may have covered the protector's instinctive attractiveness trigger, but you don't come across as trustworthy, which will put many girls off. The more attraction factors you address, the better.

Some scientific stuff about it:

https://www.princeton.edu/news/2008/08/ ... ntists-say

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog ... attractive

On my dating profiles i have pictures with a neutral look and 2 laughing/smiling pics. The laughing pictures are by far the best. You can see that in the pictures that are liked on Hinge and on Tinder and Bumble I have this function that the best picture is displayed in the first place (i.e. the picture that is viewed the longest and where I get the most swipes). You want to look masculine and serious on some pics, but also show that you enjoy life and have fun, that's the best combination.
Haha, I'm not a german, I'm finnish. Actually will visit Nurnberg next month for a few days to meet my friend who moved from Finland to Germany 3 years ago.

My face is intimidating and I've even received feedback about it. A few girls told in a nightclub to my friend that I look hot but also scary. And I am really stiff with new people which means two expressions only: Scary basic look or fake smile (ppl definitely can see its not my genuine smile). I am really tensed in my face, will have to look for exercises how to relax it.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback! Will do more photoshoot sessions and try to add some smile photos too.
MILFandCookies
Name: Joe
Goal: $10k+/month
Motto: Unchain your Passion & Live Life on Your Own Terms

Mon Jun 26, 2023 8:50 pm

mikkel wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:24 pm
Bought canon eos r, played around with it for one weekend with a friend. I dont need feedback for the photos itself now, since they are all bad in terms of good tinder photos. Looking for feedback about my facial expressions.

Did over 2000 shots on that weekend. 90% of the photos I looked angry/arrogant. See the photos I added.

Need feedback how to improve my facial expressions.

Should I take most photos without smiling at all?
What do you guys think is the best photo of these ones in terms of facial expression?

I think best one is the neutral1 photo with white shirt but got already like 10 notes in Photofeeler that I look arrogant in that/different facial expression would be better so I am really confused, because I think I dont look arrogant in that one.
A few notes:

1) you def don't look overly "nice guy" that's a good thing going for you

2) There's barely any movement with your mouth. The "smirk" photo looked identical to your "neutral" facial expression. For you specifically, don't be afraid to express more, since you're naturally very unexpressive.

3) There's a fine line between squint and squinch. That line is whether or not you're furrowing your brow, which you are in many of these photos. Try to squinch without moving your brows or forehead at all. Might take some practice.
I've helped > 100 guys get laid on dating apps.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

P.S. I don't like MILFs, just the name ;)

Goal 1:
• Build + maintain $10k+ profit/month

Goal 2:
• Cut some fat to get abs again
MILFandCookies
Name: Joe
Goal: $10k+/month
Motto: Unchain your Passion & Live Life on Your Own Terms

Mon Jul 03, 2023 2:43 pm

Would love to see more attempts if you have time to practice
I've helped > 100 guys get laid on dating apps.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

P.S. I don't like MILFs, just the name ;)

Goal 1:
• Build + maintain $10k+ profit/month

Goal 2:
• Cut some fat to get abs again