Tinder hack to save money

Holden
Goal: Rotation

Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:46 pm

Anecdotally I do have the feeling that once you pay for Boosts, swiping without a Boost running is functionally useless. Then again, I only ever really swipe when I do Boost, because why would I waste swipes in a non-Boosted state...

But it does make some business sense that once Tinder flags you as a paypig they nerf your profile whenever you're not paying, to keep you hooked.
Laycount: 110

My Log

Primary goal:
- Rotation of three girls (DONE)
- Regular threesomes (DONE)
- A foursome
foducossy42
Goal: Hot girls + FFM

Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:22 pm

My Tinder Platinum in London experience is that it actually makes sense not to boost, but instead to just swipe. But you need plat.

You don’t get insane volume but net 5-10 good quality matches in a week. That’s because I chose to swipe right without knowing if the girl likes me. Generally that works out to higher quality.

I haven’t found that swiping during a boost helps. I don’t get a match that I swiped on during the boost.

As for which app to use it really depends on region and archetype. In Asia, Bumble is pretty good and so is Coffee Meets Bagel (CMB). CMB is also used in NYC by the Asian expat community. Bumble in London has a lot of Asians.

Hinge in London is very relationshippy. Tinder in London is quite “fuck around and find out” (very much like Hinge in NYC from my experience).

You should obviously try every app and see what sort of matches you get for your location and archetype.

I think it’s not even worth discussing theories of whether your algorithm is nuked once you pay. You need to pay to get the volume needed to get laid enough and build up skills. @Holden wrote a post on my log about this: viewtopic.php?p=70897#p70897
My log & learnings for online dates
My Telegram log for your daily dose of shitposts

Goals for 2024:
- Gym consistency
- Apply to jobs
- [DONE] Threesome

Lay count: 37, 11 in 2024
Sparkles
Goal: Happiness

Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:49 pm

To add my 2c, I don't bother with boosts anymore, I just use an "auto-swiper" that I can set in the background and it will swipe 1000 profiles for me. It seems to get me a bunch of matches anyway, since I think the number of chicks you are shown to is (roughly) proportional to your activity on the app.

I do still pay for subscriptions to have unlimited swipes (ofc) and for stuff like travel mode, who likes you, too.
finaplix58
Goal: Improve my OLD profile
Motto: Never quit

Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:36 pm

Sparkles wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2024 7:49 pm
To add my 2c, I don't bother with boosts anymore, I just use an "auto-swiper" that I can set in the background and it will swipe 1000 profiles for me. It seems to get me a bunch of matches anyway, since I think the number of chicks you are shown to is (roughly) proportional to your activity on the app.

I do still pay for subscriptions to have unlimited swipes (ofc) and for stuff like travel mode, who likes you, too.
What autoswiper do you use? I thought that can affect your ELO
Sparkles
Goal: Happiness

Sun Feb 04, 2024 10:01 pm

finaplix58 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:36 pm
What autoswiper do you use? I thought that can affect your ELO
Anecdotally, it's been working great for me. I'm not sure if the ELO thing is a myth, no longer true, or just the sheer swiping numbers overcomes any ELO hit you take. Don't think I'm allowed to promote stuff like that here but I'll PM you.