Tinder hack to save money

Sparkles
Goal: Happiness

Thu Aug 03, 2023 2:36 pm

Thought you fellas might be interested in this little hack I've discovered to get cheaper Tinder subscriptions.

Tinder is cheaper in third-world countries because those countries have lower average incomes. Tinder prices subscriptions based on the phone number you use when you create your account.

So, all you have to do is create a new account using a phone number from a third-world country (Southeast Asia, India, Middle East, Africa, South America). This may be hard if you are not currently located in such a country.

As always, buy the subscriptions using the desktop site, not the app. You save money, not only because Tinder doesn't have to give Apple/Google a cut, but also, if your Apple/Google account is linked to e.g. the US, you will be charged US prices.

I created my new Tinder account using a Malaysian phone number, and now the premium prices are 5-10x cheaper compared to my old account using an Australian number.

FAQs:
  • Yes, this also works for Bumble. It might work for other apps too - I haven't tried.
  • You have to delete your old account and create a new one. Just changing the phone number on your account will NOT work.
Happy Tindering!
IAndrewX
Name: Atlas
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Perfection is not enough

Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:35 pm

I also noticed if you make an account and wait 2 days you get tinder gold for 50 % off
Kurvam
Goal: Improve rotation

Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:28 pm

Good tip. I'll add that its not hard to get an sms from most countries in the world, just use an online sms service like smspool.net where it lists many numbers from 3rd world countries for as little as 0.10$ per sms. Just make sure you sign up with a gmail address on tinder so you can log in and out of the account normally as the sms is one time only.
Sparkles

Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:01 am

Kurvam wrote:
Good tip. I'll add that its not hard to get an sms from most countries in the world, just use an online sms service like smspool.net where it lists many numbers from 3rd world countries for as little as 0.10$ per sms. Just make sure you sign up with a gmail address on tinder so you can log in and out of the account normally as the sms is one time only.
Nice hack, although 2FA is pretty common these days (verify with SMS code), so that cost might add up pretty quickly.
AskTheDom
Name: Mario
Goal: Coach
Motto: Alea iacta est

Thu Aug 24, 2023 7:08 am

Sparkles wrote:
Kurvam wrote:
Nice hack, although 2FA is pretty common these days (verify with SMS code), so that cost might add up pretty quickly.
In tinder 2fa??? Since when?
Mario "The Dom" Tubone
Your Dominance coach - I help Men becoming more confident and competent both inside and outside the bedroom

MY WEEKLY PODCAST: https://rb.gy/8u2e1z
Kurvam

Thu Aug 24, 2023 11:22 am

Sparkles wrote:
Kurvam wrote:
At least on tinder you don't need it each time, only 1 sms to create the profile.

You have to join via gmail then add the number after. Then you can always log in only via gmail once the account has been created. This is how i always create accounts there these days.
Crafted
Goal: Get Laid

Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:52 am

What are the prices?

I created one using a malaysian sim card and prices still were the same on bumble compared to my usual account. Also, tinder has the same prices as well.
Sparkles

Thu Oct 12, 2023 1:37 pm

Crafted wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:52 am
What are the prices?

I created one using a malaysian sim card and prices still were the same on bumble compared to my usual account. Also, tinder has the same prices as well.
You have to go through the web interface on tinder.com or bumble.com. If you do it via the app, it will still get your country from your Apple/Google Play account and charge you based on that.
ilyawein14
Name: Ilya
Goal: Get Laid more often
Motto: There is beauty in the struggle

Sat Dec 02, 2023 8:07 am

did you guys use VPN while using the SMS services?
Sparkles

Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:36 pm

Bumble subscriptions are dirt cheap in Turkey. Like Bumble Premium is $3 a month. Cheapest I've seen anywhere.

I've also found a Chrome extension that allows you to change your location on dating apps (among other things). Unfortunately it costs money, but it's worth it in terms of saving on subscriptions. It seems to be able to fool the desktop version of Bumble at least. Don't think I'm allowed to promote it here, but PM me and I'm happy to send you the details.
mikkel
Goal: Find GF
Motto: Dont prejudice if you dont know

Sun Jan 21, 2024 8:46 am

Was watching some videos and came up with statement that paying for dating apps kills the algorithm. It puts you behind a pay wall which means that when you dont pay for boosts, super likes, whatever, your profile is barely shown to anyone anymore.

Not sure if this is true or not but I'm quite sure I got more likes when I didn't pay for anything. Thoughts?
Kurvam

Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:27 pm

mikkel wrote:
Was watching some videos and came up with statement that paying for dating apps kills the algorithm. It puts you behind a pay wall which means that when you dont pay for boosts, super likes, whatever, your profile is barely shown to anyone anymore.

Not sure if this is true or not but I'm quite sure I got more likes when I didn't pay for anything. Thoughts?
This is absolutely true of Tinder in 2024 at least. The problem is even if you don't pay, so many other guys are paying so with platinum's benefits their profile gets shown before yours in girls stacks so that sets the bar even higher for you as a free account to get some traction.

Most girls who actually want to meet guys do not swipe hundreds of profiles a day like a lot of dudes will, so if your profile is say 200 in their stack then good luck even getting seen by many girls with your free account.

This is also very location dependant, i'm sure if i opened my tinder in an easier country i could get away with the free version only but in Europe? No chance.
Olafsmash
Goal: GET LAID/INCREASE SMV
Motto: It's not over until I win

Sun Jan 21, 2024 1:56 pm

mikkel wrote:

abseloutely true in my experience. I'm behind this paywall now. If i dont use boosts, i get barely any likes. If i use a 2 hour boost, i can net 50 likes.
Aspiring style consultant and dating photographer: https://www.instagram.com/styleframed001/
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Sun Jan 21, 2024 4:22 pm

mikkel wrote:

This is too generic of an assertion to be proven "right" or "wrong", but overall the logic is flawed. Paying intelligently for apps (Hinge Premium and Tinder Platinum) nets you more matches/time.
MILFandCookies
Name: Joe
Goal: $10k+/month
Motto: Unchain your Passion & Live Life on Your Own Terms

Sun Jan 21, 2024 5:27 pm

Seems like you're applying this to Tinder specifically.
I've found for myself and for many of my clients, it seems Hinge is the GOAT right now - at least in the US.
Bumble has worked only for a few clients, or for people in LatAm.
Tinder used to be great, and still is great for some people, and may be great again soon...
But for the moment I find Hinge is the shit, for myself and for other clients.

As for the original assertion, be careful of what you read or watch about the algorithm. There's many people unscientifically coming up with theories that make sense but that they never tested at all. Some of them sound right, but in most cases it's just some rando theorizing.

Verify anything you hear about dating apps before you accept it as fact.
I've helped > 100 guys get laid on dating apps.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

P.S. I don't like MILFs, just the name ;)

Goal 1:
• Build + maintain $10k+ profit/month

Goal 2:
• Cut some fat to get abs again