How should I time Tinder usage around Valentine's Day?

9o6o
Name: Georgi
Goal: Become successful
Motto: Young playa coming up in the world

Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:42 pm

So I finally pulled the trigger and installed Tinder (and Bumble, Hinge isn't available in my country), got Gold (for pretty cheap because there are no Platinum promo codes, not sure how much I'm missing out on w/o Platinum) and the results have been... less than stellar. 12 likes and matches in 24h, half I'm on the fence for, other half seem to be from another city which I can't reasonably travel to. Finished the Bumble stack in 15 mins of swiping and 0 matches, also used up my free monthly Gold boost by misclicking at 10pm on a weekday (I hope support refunds it but doubt). In general I seem to have reached the bots in literally 2 days of swiping and that all in all I have exhausted the decent profiles on the app and just have to hope more of them see me and like me back. My profile is tip top in terms of setup as I followed the guides word for word and irl I do get attention from women pretty often. My plan was to use the boost around Valentine's to set up some dates but now I have none and I'm not sure what the optimal time would be to use one if I buy one (or 5) - Saturday evening the week before the 14th or maybe the night before or the day itself? Would love to hear your opinions on the matter. Also it seems dating apps in general aren't too big around here so that's why.
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Wed Feb 07, 2024 12:12 am

Your profile is not tip top, you literally set one up for the first time. There's millions of things you can do better than what are in the guides.

If you reached the end of the stack in 1 session, and it isn't due to the app gating you for a few days (which I've seen for new accounts, lasts a few days), then the area you live in sucks for that app and there isn't much use in trying to min max boosts. You're better off finding what app is being used in that area, there is almost always 1 that is popular within a specific geographic region.

As far as Vday swiping goes, I've tried boosts and such day before and day of and didn't find any meaningful impact.
9o6o
Name: Georgi
Goal: Become successful
Motto: Young playa coming up in the world

Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:29 am

Zug wrote:
Your profile is not tip top, you literally set one up for the first time. There's millions of things you can do better than what are in the guides.

If you reached the end of the stack in 1 session, and it isn't due to the app gating you for a few days (which I've seen for new accounts, lasts a few days), then the area you live in sucks for that app and there isn't much use in trying to min max boosts. You're better off finding what app is being used in that area, there is almost always 1 that is popular within a specific geographic region.

As far as Vday swiping goes, I've tried boosts and such day before and day of and didn't find any meaningful impact.
I live in a 350k population city in Eastern Europe and I don't think anything is more popular than Tinder esp within my demographic, it's just not too many people on there in general compared to the west I guess. I'd like to hear some tips on what I could do better, I could post my pics/setup info if you'd like. I will also be going to Germany for an internship over the summer so maybe my experience over there will be better once the time comes?
GN44
Name: GN
Goal: Get a quality gf
Motto: If you pity yourself, life is an endless nightmare

Wed Feb 07, 2024 2:00 pm

9o6o wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:29 am
Zug wrote:

I live in a 350k population city in Eastern Europe and I don't think anything is more popular than Tinder esp within my demographic, it's just not too many people on there in general compared to the west I guess. I'd like to hear some tips on what I could do better, I could post my pics/setup info if you'd like. I will also be going to Germany for an internship over the summer so maybe my experience over there will be better once the time comes?
350k population is far too small for dating apps. You'd need to be in a city of like 800k people or more to see anything meaningful.
"Stop pitying yourself. Pity yourself, and life becomes an endless nightmare" - Osamu Dazai