Photo problem

Pickashoe
Goal: Improve my life

Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:03 pm

Hello guys, It seems like you were all able to make nice photos for your profile on dating apps, and seeing how I fail to organize myself to make photos of which I'm satisfied of, I'd like to ask you how you organized for them to be made?
Did you prepare it with great care, did you ask for a friend to specifically make one?

Especially with quarantine stuff going on in the world right now, I have some difficulties with this first step of going on dating apps.
I have a few pictures around from last time I saw a friend and asked him to make them and
I have a dog at home, still live with my parents, and made my mother take a picture with my dog, it's a decent photo, but that's it. so far I have 2 pictures.
Don't have any hobby, barely see my friends because of corona and I'm mostly at home.

How am I supposed to make good photos in my situation?
Right now I'm just waiting for new year to happen so that when I join some friends, I'll be able to make them take some pictures of me.
So basically, I'm waiting, because I don't know what else I should do.

I tried taking a picture on my own, but the main problem is that my tel has shit quality. So I need someone elses help and device.
So, how do I solve this?
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:14 pm

Find some amateur/beginner photographer and ask him for a photoshot. It's as simple as that.

How do you do it yourself tho? You go out and do a photo of yourself. There is no cheatcode. You must take action. In the time you spent thinking on how to take a photo you could have hundreads of photos made, at least few being decent.
Pickashoe
Goal: Improve my life

Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 pm

Lostcause wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:14 pm
Find some amateur/beginner photographer and ask him for a photoshot. It's as simple as that.

How do you do it yourself tho? You go out and do a photo of yourself. There is no cheatcode. You must take action. In the time you spent thinking on how to take a photo you could have hundreads of photos made, at least few being decent.
Thing is, I really want to take action, but I just don't see how. how do I take photo of myself on my own? selfie? With my shit phone?

So, right now, I'm basically waiting for new year party to make a nice picture. So yeah, I don't see how I could do otherwise, I'll try something meanwhile, but it feels so lacking.
When I at look at photos posted here, they are all from some event, opportunity, they aren't improvised, and when they are, it's with high quality photoshoot (which costs money I currently don't have) and with a friend (I have but most of them are busy most of the time). I have nothing for the moment, it makes me desperate, but this is why I never used dating apps in the past, I never had the means to achieve having a good profile in the past. I'm trying to get there, but it takes time.

This post is probably not what people here want to hear, I'm really motivated though, but it just seems as if I'm stuck.
Reservoir
Name: Dimitri
Goal: Get Laid

Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:46 pm

@Pickashoe

Andy has an article dedicated to taking photos. Or maybe it was part of his tinder guide, I don't remember. In any case, all the information is there, in great detail.

To take high quality photos on your own, you need a DSLR camera + a tripod + a remote control to trigger the camera while posing in front of it.

If you don't have the money to buy that stuff and your phone's camera is garbage, then save money until you can buy one.
  • Goals:
    • 1 cold approach lay
    • 5 approaches in 1 day
    • 10 approaches in 1 day
    • 20 approaches in 1 day
    • Reach Milestone: 20 lifetime lays [29/20]
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Fri Dec 18, 2020 1:44 am

Pickashoe wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 10:02 pm
Thing is, I really want to take action, but I just don't see how. how do I take photo of myself on my own? selfie? With my shit phone?
My best photos were made with a cheap dslr and a tripod. No remote trigger, but it had a feature to connect with a phone to shoot remotely.
Before that I had photos that my friends done when I asked them to. If tripod is not an option for you, then get a friend and make him photoshoot you.
I believe you will get better results with a top camera phone then a dslr if you are a total photography amateur, but still not as good as what can you get with a cheap dslr and some skill.