Not doing well online and it's honestly depressing me

DaCookie
Goal: 100 lays 7 or above

Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:07 am

So I get single digits for matches on tinder/bumble. I've attached a topless pic to show how I look. I'm 6ft and a half inch. With normal shoes and a little lift I'm 6'3. I realize my main problem is that my pics aren't good and I don't know what clothes look good on me, or the few outfits that I know look good are pretty limited. I guess the only outfit I know I look good in is always a variation of the exact same outfit-sneakers, t shirt, jeans maybe a jacket. My next main problem is that I don't live in a big city. The biggest place I live near has a population of 140k. Which isn't small but not huge by any means. Should I be setting my distance on the apps to places 1 and a half hours from me?(has 880k population)

I think my profile on the apps is getting blacklisted. I'll make a new profile, get a handful of matches(I Swipe left on all women that are a weak 6 or below) then after that initial period I'll never get matches again until I delete the app and go back on after a couple months. I don't have any problems once I get on the date with a woman but getting the dates/matches is super hard.

I have a Canon eos m50, I just use the stock lens, should I upgrade the lens or is it good enough?

I live in America and most the clothes do not fit me right at all. I think it's because I have uncommon measurements-my waist is 33inches but I can fit into slim fit 28 jeans with a struggle, it's tight on the ass and legs not waist. My chest is 41 or 42 inches. My shoulder width is 50 inches and my arms are 17.5 or 18. I don't have a clue where to go for clothes. The ones that fit well are stuff like Calvin Klein and I don't want to shell out more then a couple hundred for a few outfits.

I have braces and don't have a good smile but obviously I'm working on changing that, hence the braces but they won't be off for another 2 years.

I'm in the fortunate circumstance that I can get someone to take pics of me pretty much whenever and I think I just need to work on outfits, poses and backgrounds for my pictures to improve my results.

I'm looking for advice, particularly what stores to buy clothes on that will fit me-not be tight or loose as fuck on arms and shoulders then baggy as hell on the waist.

As for the pics besides 1 photo at the gym and 1 at home I'm completely stumped on what I should do. I have a motorcycle so probably a Pic on that would be good.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jackBruh
Name: Jack
Goal: Slay demons

Wed Feb 03, 2021 11:03 am

It looks like you know what you need to do and just want someone to tell you to do it.

"I realize my main problem is that my pics aren't good" 0you know what you need to do,

"I think my profile on the apps is getting blacklisted" nah you just have bad photos.

"I have a Canon eos m50, I just use the stock lens, should I upgrade the lens or is it good enough?" Get the recommended lens. It's a game changer

"I live in America and most the clothes do not fit me right at all" can't help you with shops because I'm in a different country. But look for European brands and athletic fits. Go to a mall and go to every store, every brand has a different fit. If you still can't find anything in your budget, buy something close and pay/learn to tailor them.

"I think I just need to work on outfits, poses and backgrounds for my pictures to improve my results." " As for the pics besides 1 photo at the gym and 1 at home I'm completely stumped on what I should do. I have a motorcycle so probably a Pic on that would be good." Look at the examples given in the guide and Andy's article on tinder photos. Download them to your phone. Buy the outfit. Copy the photo.

Good luck and work hard!
Goals
- Get better photos (✔, formal, group)
- Get a tattoo (✔)
- Get back to the gym (aiming for 80kg 10%) (1/2/3/4 plates ✔/✔/✔/80%)
- Work on location independant income so I can move countries (said fuck it and moved countries before the income)
DaCookie
Goal: 100 lays 7 or above

Sun Feb 07, 2021 12:02 am

Got the adapter and lens. Anything else I should know? I presume I should have it on continuous shooting not single. I'll be posting up some photos soon here for review. Just got my next job and it's in a city with 226k people so I'm excited
jackBruh
Name: Jack
Goal: Slay demons

Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:16 am

Just use the lowest aperture possible (f1.8 with that lens) and play around with it. Looking up basic composition and self portrait photography would be useful.
Goals
- Get better photos (✔, formal, group)
- Get a tattoo (✔)
- Get back to the gym (aiming for 80kg 10%) (1/2/3/4 plates ✔/✔/✔/80%)
- Work on location independant income so I can move countries (said fuck it and moved countries before the income)
enjoyablehat
Name: George
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Consistency is key

Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:18 am

Good news is you're jacked - all the other stuff can take a fraction of the time it takes to do that. Like you said pictures and small city are your hurdles, not sure what your clothes are like but work on your wardrobe, take more pictures, try to move at some point to a medium to major MSA in the US (what state are you in?) and post the things you changed along the way so that the more experienced guys here can give you feedback
Current Goals:
Get a new job
Fix Sleep
Stay consistent with eating and improve health habits
Lord Rey
Name: Nicolas
Goal: Make serious money

Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:37 am

Hey, I have the same camera and yup you did well to change the lense because the original one isn't really suited for doing portrait pictures. I bought a 32mm F/1.4 lense that does really well the bokeh effect. Additionally, I got a Speedlite EL-100 flash because the built-in flash is not good enough, especially since you can't change its direction; it's better to point the flash towards a wall or the ceiling instead of directly lighting the subject.

I'm on the same stage of taking better pictures. I'm kind of struggeling to take good pictures of myself actually. On the dating apps I have the same symptoms of having very few likes/matches the first days and then nothing until I do a reset. So, for now, I just stopped it until I have a new set of high quality pictures.
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:10 am

I didn't see you mention it, so I have to ask:

Do you use boosts?

They are mandatory as far as I'm concerned. There are 498328582385732758235239 guys on Tinder so you'll need boosts to stand out.

Also you're not helping us help you but not showing yours pics. Hopefully you don't use your profile pic.
NotYourAverageNerd
Name: John
Goal: GET LAID
Motto: JUST FUCKING DO IT

Mon Feb 08, 2021 4:44 pm

@DaCookie

Not *nearly* as jacked as you, but I've got weird proportions so its hard to find clothes around here, too. Not an expert on clothes, either, but I've got some of the basics now.

For shirts, I buy cheap bulk ones from clothingshoponline, they're like <$3 each for athletic-fit plain color tshirts. First order I sent in, I bought one each of like 20 different brands/fits, and just picked out the ones that fit me best.

For pants, the slightly elastic jeans from banana republic have been a game changer for me. I have a couple pairs and wear them almost every day. They don't *look* like they're elastic, they just look like normal jeans that fit really well.
JUST FUCKING DO IT
Current goal:
-Make some close friends
-Get into the party/"promotion" scene

Past goals:
-Deal with self-condemnation: sort of? Not really gone but it's not the overwhelming force it used to be
-Sex with at least 1 new girl per month (2/21 to 12/21) - Completed 6 out of 11
-Pre-pandemic bench, deadlift by 02 / 15 / 21 - Completed 2/15/21