Photo-Shoot: Rate my Tinder Photos

Adam
Name: Adam
Goal: Lose Fat
Motto: Become someone you admire

Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:01 pm

Hey all. I got a buddy to take some pictures on Sunday to improve my Tinder profile. Pics are at the link below. The first 4 are my Current pics that I've been using for the past year. They're all fairly old. The rest are new ones. I tried to copy some of the pics from the "Tinder Photos and Inspiration" article. I also copied the pose from @enjoyablehat 's profile. Any feedback is appreciated.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Personally, I think wall1 and 2 are solid, I like tree4, and I think Chair2 could be good with some photoshop work to unfocus the background. Regarding the Dancing and BJJ pics: I'm hoping I can get some new ones soon now that things are opening back up.
Last edited by Adam on Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
(2) Get to 15 lifetime lays (currently at 10)
(3) Move to a new city with lots of single girls - DONE 6/12
fledgling_seed
Goal: Sexual abundance

Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:18 pm

How do I start a new thread?
Adam

Mon Jun 28, 2021 10:03 pm

fledgling_seed wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 7:18 pm
How do I start a new thread?
You go into the forum in which you want to start the thread, then click the "New Topic" button.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
fledgling_seed
Goal: Sexual abundance

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:27 am

Awesome thanks. Just posted for the first time
Jacobpalmer123
Goal: 1-3 daily approaches
Motto: All progress depends on the unreasonable man

Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:05 am

So this is a long story. But I made a fake guy tinder profile and a fake girl one and catfishes my buddy. I'll post pics of it sometime since I'm planning on doing it again. Something I've noticed is a lot of guys don't have enough edge. Truth is you don't need a ton. But a couple pics of edge and some lighter ones can be good. I think all edge is bad as all soft.

BJJ can be a good pic but possibly not that one. Pics with chicks are good. I think Wall 1 or 4 are great pics I'd choose one. Chair 2 looks good. Tree 2 or 4 is good. I would just recommend getting a pic just 1 that has a lot of edge in it. But I don't use tinder much so I'm sure others will give better info.

But I do think your pics are better than the majority of guys tinder pics what you have right now is actually pretty decent. Pic with girl its tricky I like the setting of the 2nd one better but the first one is more visual so tough pic for me.
Walk 1 is a good pic. I'm interested in what other people say. But remember testing them is the best way to know how good they are. Good luck
Get a tech job
Get 2 lays
Master
Name: Maxime
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Stay hard - David Goggins

Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:45 am

My favs are 4, tree1 and wall 4.

Like you know Adam im nowhere near a tinder expert but those really gives me good vibes

4: Makes you look like you can have fun and know how to dance which can be a big plus + you look good on it.

Tree 1: more serious/stern gives contast and make you look like a chad imo

Wall 4: I like wall1 too, but with the coat, it adds a little bit of edge which imo makes it better than wall1. We can also see your legendary jawline better with this one, so I would go with wall 4.

There you go m8 👊💪 cheers keep it up Adam.
Short term goals
[*] Take awesome tinder photos ✅
[*] Reach 175lbs (currently 178)
[*] 5 lays by the end 2021 (12/5) ✅
[*] 20 lays by the end 2021 (12/20)

Long term goals
[*] Beat AA program (Started June 5)
[*] 10-12% bodyfat
[*] 25 Lifetime Lays (15/30)
Sometimes
Name: Jim
Goal: Build a steady rotation

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:31 am

Chair2. is good imo, but add blur in background to make you stand out more, increase contrast to make sky more blue and colors more vibrant.
dashedhopes
Name: Tristan
Goal: Increase Sub Count
Motto: Anything is better than nothing.

Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:37 am

Hey man good start for sure.

I think the main thing you need to work on in your pictures is getting away from model shots.

They look incredibly staged and the perfect photoshoot shots for tinder are the ones where it didn't look like you went out and took photos for tinder.

Maybe at this point I am biased cause every dude that posts photos on here does these types of photos but I can't imagine they ever work.

They need to look candid.

Tree1 picture is probably your best one mostly because that's the photo YOU look the best in.

You could've taken it on a garbage can and it would've been as good.

The best place this could've been taken was on a beach with friends or at a BBQ or at an event.

Little style things that could be improved:

1. The white shoes is kind of off putting the outfit and should match the outfit. Black shoes or boots would have worked much better.
2. The pants could have been a tad longer and tighter at the bottom.

Other than that, the photo looks really good but again because you look good in it. Replicate that and choose a better setting where it seems more candid and you're golden, you have a pretty prime picture.

The Jiu Jitsu pic and dancing pictures are perfect examples of candid shots BUT your style isn't on point in the dancing photo and you're not facing the camera in the Jiu Jitsu picture.

Dress up fucking unreal in the dancing photo and get a dime piece to dance with you and get a friend to take hundreds of photos and I guarantee that will be another 10/10 picture.

The Jiu Jitsu photo I feel needs to be a bit less intense. A picture of you rolling while laughing with a buddy or a 2-3 group photo in your Gi with buddies would be good. It doesn't even need to be a super high quality photo but as long as you look good in that photo and it shows you don't just sit in a basement could be a really good.

You master those three photos:

1. Candid Model Shot Looking good in a social setting.
2. Jiu Jitsu Picture with friends (light hearted not intense or straggling someone or breaking a dudes arm)
3. Dancing Photo where you do some sick move and look unreal.

I guarantee you'll see a MASSIVE increase in matches.

Hope that helps some what.

Cheers
27 years young.

Tristan - Canada

Youtube Channel - https://bit.ly/2CbEbKK (Road to 1k Before End of 2022)
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:53 am

My favourite is chair 2, you nail the look there. IIts a bit bright though and maybe needs an edit

Im not a fan of what you are wearing on the wall photos, the pants arent a good fit, look a bit flary at the bottom
Adam

Tue Jun 29, 2021 2:35 pm

Thanks for the feedback guys. I really appreciate it. I figured I'd get 1, maybe 2 useable shots out of the day (and don't want my profile to be filled with shots of me by myself), so I'll test out Chair 2, Wall1, Tree1 after some touchup.
dashedhopes wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:37 am
The Jiu Jitsu pic and dancing pictures are perfect examples of candid shots BUT your style isn't on point in the dancing photo and you're not facing the camera in the Jiu Jitsu picture.

Dress up fucking unreal in the dancing photo and get a dime piece to dance with you and get a friend to take hundreds of photos and I guarantee that will be another 10/10 picture.

The Jiu Jitsu photo I feel needs to be a bit less intense. A picture of you rolling while laughing with a buddy or a 2-3 group photo in your Gi with buddies would be good. It doesn't even need to be a super high quality photo but as long as you look good in that photo and it shows you don't just sit in a basement could be a really good.
I appreciate the specifics and think this is good advice for improving the dance/bjj photos. I'm friends with the guy who usually takes pics (and high-quality pics) at most dance events in my area. Next dance I'll talk to him and offer him some cash to take a few extra pics while I'm dancing with a hottie. Should be able to do the same thing with Jiu-Jitsu (minus the hottie)
Sometimes wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:31 am
Chair2. is good imo, but add blur in background to make you stand out more, increase contrast to make sky more blue and colors more vibrant.
I agree. I thought it could use some editing too. At minimum I want to blur the background a bit to blur out the family in the back.
Radical wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:53 am
Im not a fan of what you are wearing on the wall photos, the pants arent a good fit, look a bit flary at the bottom
Thanks for the style feedback. I've always done straight-legged jeans but I know you recommend jeans that taper at the bottom.
2022 Goals:
(1) Get Abs
Toast
Name: Devin
Goal: Japanese Plate
Motto: The Time to Hesitate Has Ceased

Tue Jun 29, 2021 11:15 pm

Great advice from the other bros.

If i had to choose the best out of these pics it would be

Chair 2
Tree where ur in a red shirt
3.jpg The salsa one where that dude is hella lookin at you lol
tree 3 also looks nice as well with a crop for tinder