Svadhishthana's Tinder Improvement Thread

Svadhishthana
Goal: Be Free
Motto: Climb that goddamned mountain

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:26 am

Total newb here, and just looking for some initial input. Currently working on getting better photos re Andy's guide right now. Just hoping to get some feedback on existing photos to see if small tweaks might yield immediate improvements. Root folder is all the pics I found that aren't total trash. Tinder_Current is what I currently have on my profile (active for about 2 days rn).

Any input is greatly appreciated!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Svadhishthana on Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Previous goals:
- Retire in early 2022 with combo index funds / real estate. (Complete, late)
- Get fit (hotter, more athletic, more injury-resistant). (Ill defined, but improved)
- Get laid at least one more time before 30th birthday (Complete).
TheGreatTurk
Goal: Getting quality pussy

Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:44 pm

Except the one with the long name (361 kb, where you hang on that rope in front of the sunset), you can drop all of them.

You do not look "bad". That is lacking.
Svadhishthana

Mon Jul 26, 2021 1:12 pm

I'm not sure I completely understand what you mean - I'm guessing you're saying I'm not bad looking, but my photos are trash?

If so - thanks! I totally agree! Planning on canning everything, shooting a bunch, canning again, repeat ad nauseum. But right now, I'm trying to wrap up a time-consuming project in my life, while getting started on this in what little time is remaining. So figured I'd see if there was anything low-effort I could do right now to improve.
Previous goals:
- Get fit (hotter, more athletic, more injury-resistant). (Ill defined, but improved)
Master
Name: Maxime
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Stay hard - David Goggins

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:27 pm

You def need better photos, you don't look like a guy that gets laid in any of them and if you read the tinder guide, that's what you want to go for. There's people way more certified than me in here to give you advice on your photos, but yeah except for the first one and the last 2 the other ones doesn't bring anything to the table and even sets you back in some cases.
As someone who also need glasses I would ditch out the glasses for contacts ASAP. We all look better and less "good guy" without glasses.
You have a really good baseline, you are already skinny and have what looks like great hobbies you just need edge and good photos and you are all set.

Hope it helps!

- Master
Short term goals
[*] Take awesome tinder photos ✅
[*] Reach 175lbs (currently 178)
[*] 5 lays by the end 2021 (12/5) ✅
[*] 20 lays by the end 2021 (12/20)

Long term goals
[*] Beat AA program (Started June 5)
[*] 10-12% bodyfat
[*] 25 Lifetime Lays (15/30)
Svadhishthana

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:45 am

Ok, I went and took some photos. I basically just went down the list of photos in the Tinder Inspiration article and tried to replicate all of them (or, I mean, most of them). Physique shots are in the works, but I'm not expecting much from them, since I'm a skinny bitch.

Here is a link to the full album if you have way too much time on your hands:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders ... p=sharing

Otherwise, below are the shots I think are probably the best, that I would consider putting up. Any and all feedback would be appreciated. These photos were mostly taken as an exercise in getting in reps with the camera, so more I'll be working on more shots in the near future.

Casual 12:
1:
casual12_1.jpg
2:
casual12_2.jpg
3:
casual12_3.jpg
Dog 8:
1:
dog8_1.jpg
2:
dog8_2.jpg
Dog 11:
1:
dog11_1.jpg
2:
dog11_2.jpg
Dog 9:
dog9_1.jpg
Hobbies 2:
hobbies2.jpg
Hesitant because I don't play the guitar at all, nor do I wear jewelery.

Travel 3:
1:
travel3_1.jpg
2:
travel3_2.jpg
Travel 10:
travel10.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Svadhishthana on Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Previous goals:
Svadhishthana

Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:54 am

@Master Thanks a lot for your feedback! Somehow I missed it - but yeah, currently poking myself in the eye every morning now. Looking to get ink soon.
Previous goals:
Rags2Bitches
Name: Andrey
Goal: Build service biz

Fri Sep 17, 2021 2:58 am

i’m at a pretty boring pregame in Vegas waiting for ppl to get ready so here’s some free game

if you were one of my paid clients i’d run your profile as follows until you get better pics:

1) dog pic i referenced in your main thread. the version you edited, not the dark original

2) suit pic i posted in your main thread

3) guitar pic i referenced in main thread

4)
9BBA9D6C-20E2-4106-B3C8-31CD0CAD42AF.jpeg

5) rock climbing pic i referenced in main thread

6)
43D23E54-2BE1-4A38-8E0E-8F1D620E8BF1.jpeg
normally i use a “portrait” type hook photo for the main one with your eyes visible, but you don’t have one right now. i think the dog one will work to pause enough girls before swiping left so they look through the rest of the stack. let us know how it performs
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Svadhishthana

Fri Sep 17, 2021 4:46 pm

@Rags2Bitches Thanks! Done. Will boost tonight and see how it goes.
Previous goals:
Rags2Bitches

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:02 pm

good stuff.

last thing— i didn’t see this one before, it’s too badass to not include, even when vertically cropped. i’d put it 4th and bump the others down by one

DC26ED09-EBA4-4582-A052-10640F368354.jpeg
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:34 pm

Mad love to you my guy you always keep persisting and I really really fucking want you to succeed.

Keep hammering,
MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Svadhishthana

Fri Sep 17, 2021 10:13 pm

@Rags2Bitches Cool - I kept being on the fence about that one, because the mountains look pretty, but I don't look pretty. Done.

Thanks @MakingAComeback - I'm not quitting anytime soon!

Also, side note, bumble removed both my shirtless pics. Worth trying to dispute? I assume their support would get back to me sometime between a week from now and the heat death of the universe.
Previous goals:
Svadhishthana

Sat Sep 18, 2021 6:48 pm

Update: last night, used a boost at 10pm. Damn son! Got about 10 matches and 20 likes. I was kinda harried flipping between screens seeing my new likes and messaging the girls. Went so well I used another boost after that one ran out. Got about 10 more likes from that, but fewer matches (fewer women I was attracted to). This morning, I'm still getting a few matches coming in marked as "because of boost" - I think the algorithm puts your card further towards the top of a girl's stack when you swipe on them when boosted, and their stack will persist even after the boost ends.

Final results:

14 matches
4 responses to initial message
2 convos continued until asking for their number
0 numbers

In my opening message, I opened with sexy or cute, depending on the vibe their profile gave, and really just arbitrarily based on my feelings.

I opened with sexy 6 times. Of those, 2 responded, and of those, 1 kept the convo going until the number ask.

I opened with cute 8 times. Of those, 2 responded, and of those, 1 kept the convo going until the number ask.

Looking at the numbers, it seems my opener is not that important. But results could be highly skewed by my selection process.

The lack of actual numbers annoys me a bit. Currently just following the templates in the guide, but the conversation always seems a bit stilted - especially asking for her number. I wonder if less stilted interactions would result in success here.

As instructed in the tinder guide, I skipped the section on messaging theory, and instead focused on sending messages until I got to 20 sent. I counted a "sent message" as one where there was mutual interest and I messaged. So:

[Match, message] on Tinder.
[Match, get message, send message] on Bumble.
[Match, send message, get message, send message] on Hinge

So I just hit that mark last night, and I'll go read that section today. However, I recognize that this may very well be my own warped perception of things, and the messages really don't matter that much.

Null hypothesis is that I'm not getting numbers because my pictures aren't good enough. My pictures now are much, much better. I'm proud that they've graduated from being a steaming pile of dog shit, to being a much less distasteful mummified pile of dog shit. So I will repost here when I have some more pictures I'd consider to improve my profile. Will also boost again this evening to collect more data for further analysis.

Yeah, women are sexy. But you know what's sexier? Statistical analysis.
Previous goals:
Rags2Bitches

Sun Sep 19, 2021 12:56 am

hey, not bad! id say you’re about a third of the way there in terms of your profile.

let’s tinker a bit…switch out the white hoodie photo for this. let’s make sure that photo is not sabotaging you.
3AD3DDC2-42CE-408F-8637-8F325F70DA8C.jpeg
you look pretty dorky in the hoodie photo, i only included it cause it was the easiest to edit into a half smile. needed something non-serious to prevent serial killer vibe since you’re alone in all your photos. in the photo above your style is worse but your face/grooming looks much more masculine

other than that man, just keep improving, you’re on the right path. a couple of solid outfits then a good portrait photo (see joe’s, master’s and brandon’s for examples) then a social photo.

no numbers from that many matches is unfortunate but too small a sample size to draw any conclusions. if you want, post some messaging screenshots so we can make sure you’re not saying anything disqualifying in the non-scripted parts of the conversation
Rags2Bitches

Sun Sep 19, 2021 1:27 am

one final thing as i’m about to walk into this festival and lose service

i would tinker more aggressively on another app like hinge and put this as your portrait main photo and bump everything down one (still take white hoodie out). low quality obv due to the zoom but
B1DBD148-048A-4858-B103-60118AA50302.jpeg
my gf and her friends are saying it’s solid
Svadhishthana

Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:25 pm

Update:

Ran some boosts again last night, similar results.

One girl I matched with two nights ago got back to me. Then matched with another girl and got her number as well. Stoked! Otoh, I went off-script and tried asking for numbers in a way that felt more organic to me, and unfortunately I left out the "looking for something casual" line. Not sure if it was 100% necessary given the context of the rest of the conversation, but it makes me a little nervous about not being up front enough. Not intentional - I just sent messages asking them for their numbers, and then was like "shit, I forgot!"

Another downside - both aren't particularly close. One is about a 30 min drive away from me. The other is 6 hours. Obviously will still go for it on the closer girl. Kinda split on the girl 6 hours away. Obviously, 6 hours is excessive just for a date. But I regularly drive 8h one-way for weekend climbing trips in the desert when it gets cold here in the Front Range anyway. So if I'm headed to the desert anyway... why not a desert where I might get some action? Plus she's super cute and just my type, so I'm probably rationalizing, lol.

@Rags2Bitches s - thanks! Just saw this this morning. Will make suggested changes and run them this week/weekend. Definitely gonna keep improving, will check out those profiles.

Edit: Messaging -
NoNumber1.png
NoNumber2.png
^ Like I said, I seemed to just drop it in at an awkward spot. Just doesn't feel like a good transition.

Here are the ones where I got the number. Currently both are following up.
BoulderNumber.png
NmNumber.png
Previous goals: