Svadhishthana's Tinder Improvement Thread

Svadhishthana
Goal: Be Free
Motto: Climb that goddamned mountain

Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:06 am

So I finished sorting through all the pics I took while copying photos from the inspiration article. Next shots I'm going for (this weekend) will be straight portraits and group shots (which will be more difficult and take longer...).

In the meantime, some of the body shots came out looking relatively good. Hoping to get some feedback on them, especially since I want to replace the guitar shot - makes me uncomfortable, since I know about 6 chords in real life. These shots seem more honest, since I do often work out, drink beer, ride my bike, go for hikes, and hang out without a shirt on.

Body 1:
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

Body 3:

Body 8:
Previous goals:
- Retire in early 2022 with combo index funds / real estate. (Complete, late)
- Get fit (hotter, more athletic, more injury-resistant). (Ill defined, but improved)
- Get laid at least one more time before 30th birthday (Complete).
Dewm
Name: Brady
Goal: Love Myself
Motto: Fuck Bitches Get Money

Sat Sep 25, 2021 5:38 am

The one with the beer in the gym is funny. I can't narrow it down but I like the concept. The other two don't seem as natural but hey you got a great bod I literally have never had abs so steps 1 and 2 right there lol.
Goals
Love Myself
  • Finish my screenplay and make that movie.
  • Produce a comedy show that makes me money
  • Lose weight and gain muscle
Svadhishthana

Sat Sep 25, 2021 3:32 pm

@Dewm - lol, thanks dude! I actually showed off these 3 sets to my ex, too. She said "you look hotter in the gym pics, but also douchier." Perfect.
Previous goals:
- Get fit (hotter, more athletic, more injury-resistant). (Ill defined, but improved)
Svadhishthana

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:05 pm

Update: ran two boosts last night, but results were disappointing compared to last week. The app said I'd run out of people in my area about halfway through my first boost, and a lot of the women in my stack were pretty unattractive. I fiddled with distance settings to get it to refresh until I'd finished both.

Results:
14 matches
6 responses to opener (2 actually messaged first)
5 number asks
2 contacts exchanged

Discussion:
The apparent lack of active girls in my area is concerning. I have a few hypotheses for this phenomenon:

1) Cooler weather which arrived this week is driving people inside, altering tindering habits.
2) The semester is spinning up for college students, who are now more engaged in their studies with new-semester energy. Or who are meeting each other at parties instead of swiping.
3) I was swiping heavily all week before this, to the point of compulsion, so by Friday night when I ran my boost my stack was already whittled down to the bottom.
4) The pic swap I did last week killed me (highly skeptical)
5) Tinder gives your profile an extra boost when you update your pics. Since I didn't update this week, I was shown to fewer girls.
0) Null hypothesis: It was a statistical anomaly. Don't overthink it. Just get better pics.

On the messaging front, I blew it six ways to Sunday.

Two of the women I matched with were clearly just time wasters. One was sick with covid, and one was in Germany using passport. Ngl, I kept the convos going longer than I should have, just for the validation that they wanted to talk with me. Exchanged Instagram info w/ German girl just to get reps in, but that ain't goin' nowhere.

One girl was absolutely smokin', and was actually responding - but when I went for the number, she asked for my Instagram instead. This wouldn't be an issue, except my Instagram is totally empty. I explained that I don't use social media much because it's a timesink. I think this weirded her out, and she stopped responding. Also, people probably don't like being reminded that their favorite way to waste time is a waste of time. So, todo: start fleshing out Instagram for future such scenarios.

Got one number this morning from a girl, but not super stoked. Limited number of not-very-good pictures. She isn't obese, but I can't tell if she's chubby. Will pursue on the off-chance she's hot, and to get some practice dating, and some practice possibly dealing with catfish.

Will swap out guitar pic for beer pic and boost again tonight.
Previous goals:
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:15 pm

Svadhishthana wrote:
Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:05 pm
The apparent lack of active girls in my area is concerning. I have a few hypotheses for this phenomenon:
How many people in your metro area?
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

Svadhishthana

Sat Sep 25, 2021 4:46 pm

@Manganiello Denver metro has 2.7 million. I've heard that when you filter down to the young, single demographic, the ratio is about 6 men to 4 women, but I've never seen any hard data to back that up. Also, pretty stiff competition, since every guy in the country who wants to pursue climbing/skiing/kayaking/ultra running tends to move here. I'll let others weigh in on if this might be a factor, but my null hypothesis is that these are just excuses, and I need better pics.

One more thing - my old college's newspaper interviewed me about living in a van. I took some shots for them to use in the article. Unfortunately, I needed a wider angle lense to get the shot with my DSLR, so I had to use my smartphone. Looking through them, they seem like alright portraits, but not any better than what I already have. Figure I'll let you guys weigh in, though.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id ... Q3xSmaFwy
Previous goals:
Rags2Bitches
Name: Andrey
Goal: Build service biz

Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:33 am

I like the second to last van photo
Svadhishthana

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:45 am

Rags2Bitches wrote:
Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:33 am
I like the second to last van photo
Thanks for the feedback! Will put it in and experiment.
Previous goals:
Svadhishthana

Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:45 am

Also, did some portrait shots. Following the principle of imitate then innovate, went ahead and tried to copy Manga, Master, and Milf's portrait pics. No dice on Milf's today, planning to try again tomorrow morning. Noteworthy pics I got from the shoots:

Manga:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id ... EL12DplJX

Master:
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id ... Qv0ImQv9F

Edit: also, on the group pic front, was browsing through some stuff on my Google photos and found these:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id ... nGcIgbsxr

I think I dismissed them originally as being too low quality on the basis of "you're only as good as your last pic". But figure maybe that should be balanced by showing I'm not the next Ted Kyzinski yet.
Previous goals:
Rags2Bitches
Name: Andrey
Goal: Build service biz

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:31 pm

catching up on this thread..

1) i don’t care about your chord insecurities! the guitar photo still looks better than your other body pics. just tell girls your friend was teaching you how to play and snapped some funny pics if anyone asks...

2) your messaging is fine and yea adapt the wording/timing as you see fit. the best no bullshit resource on texting imo is pat stedman’s “tackling texting”, it’s like $7 on amazon.

3) DSC_6801 is pretty good, i would crop a bit closer and 1/3 of the way down your forearms. wouldn’t add any of those group pics

4) you seem to have some resistance to the style Radical advocates and I get that. Tanner Guzy has a good quiz that groups people into rakish, rugged, and refined archetypes for style. Your personality fits the rugged style more than the rakish style that Radical and I favor. It’s fine if you go that route, but you still need cool boots/jacket(s), jeans that fit well and accessories (look on etsy). would def post any items here before buying if you decide to stray from the style guide.

i also didn’t have insta during my last single spree (mid 2019-mid 2020). told girls i killed it to focus on biz but i have snap if they want to make sure i’m not actually a middle aged man named Bubba. Snap should alleviate stranger danger/catfish concerns but if the purpose of asking for your insta is to see social proof then there’s nothing to be done there.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:40 pm

Your style in the first set looks like you've gone bird watching

Can i get you interested in a denim jacket maybe? You can do outdoorsy rugged with a sherpa collar one kind of like my pic and manga's pic
Svadhishthana

Mon Sep 27, 2021 11:14 pm

@Rags2Bitches

1) Fine, fine. Will re-add

2) Will get it.

3) Cool. Will do.

4) I do, but also I just ordered the stuff he recommends and some is still in the mail. Since I'm shooting my own pics, I figured there was no reason not to shoot now, and then shoot later again once they arrived. I'll look into the quiz.

I reinstalled insta and updated my profile pic. The last girl I asked, I just told her "don't be surprised there's nothing on there, I just use it for messaging" and she didn't seem to have a problem with that. Will install snap as a contingency - never had it before.

@Radical Bomber jacket is in the mail. Will try denim out, too, if you tell me to. But can't help feeling like I'd look out of place - everyone here puts on a puffy or a softshell when it gets cold.
Previous goals:
Radical

Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:17 am

Oh nice you got the bomber. Layer a plain black hoodie under the bomber if its cold.

Do you live rural?
Svadhishthana

Tue Sep 28, 2021 5:51 pm

I live in Denver. Not rural, but everyone (myself included, obviously) moves here for the mountains. Obviously there's variety, but in winter I would not be surprised to show up at a brewpub and see 100 people exclusively wearing technical apparel.

Like I said, I'll do it if you say so, but I'm 100% expecting my friends to be confused by my decision to spend a bunch of money on an impractical piece of clothing. Non-wicking, heavy, not compressible, expensive (so you can't thrutch in it), absorbent... It's just kinda weird from my perspective.

Those are my personal concerns - but I assume I'm lacking in perspective and just being a dumbass.
Previous goals:
Radical

Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:10 pm

There are few bits of clothing linked more intrinsically to mountains than sherpa jackets