Can I get photo feedback

Avihihi
Goal: Get laid. Get Paid.
Motto: I'll never quit. Ever.

Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:03 pm

Hi guys, I did a photoshoot yetserday and I was looking for some feedback on which pictures I should use on my profile:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Xxf_FTd1ki

Just as a note, I'll be cropping out the sides of the pictures so you can't tell I'm taking these pics by a house. I think the pics with the brick wall background would look better if the side of the house is cropped out so there's only a brick wall background
Lays from KYIL: 19

Insta: @AviDaviPavi
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@AviDaProdigy [@avidaprodigy]
Avihihi

Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:17 pm

MattsCrib wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:35 pm
I'm going to be honest - in my opinion, none of those are good enough

1) The quality isn't great - these are probably done with a normal phone camera. Not that they are bad, but they do need retouching and it'd be great if you got professional ones done.
2) I personally don't really dig your style. I feel that black would really, really suit you best. The shirt looks kinda faded, I'm not really into jean jackets. Everything look "faded" in a sense and it doesn't fit "perfectly"
3) I'd shave the 'stache
4) Practice "posing" on photos. Look up "smizing", look up what male models do when they're taking pics (there ARE some tricks)
5) No pictures with friends, no pictures of cool hobbies etc.

You're an average guy that could definitely up his looks with all of the things mentioned. Because you are fairly normal looking, it means that you obviously can't have average photos :D :D I'd say you're a literal 5/10 according to these pics with a potential to be definitely add a couple points :D
1) Uh oh I need to get better photography skills cuz these were taken with the Canon EOS RP Andy reccomends :p. I'm going to try a re-touching app that I saw recomennded on a previous post. If it's still really bad I'll get it professionally done.
2) I'll look into more black clothes, I have a plain black t-shirt I could probably use and dark jeans.
3) Got it, I'll shave it tonight.
4) Okay, i'll look this up as well
5) Oh yeah, so my profile on dating apps has a pic of me with my friend group and also a clip of me surfing. I want to take a very high quality one of me shooting a basketball though

Honestly, being called a 5/10 stung a bit at first because I used to be called handsome. But thank you for telling me directly because I really want to get back to being sculpted again :). I really do appreciate it as well as the fact that you think I can up it!

This is my current profile btw:
Screenshot_20210719-031331_Hinge.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Rags2Bitches
Name: Andrey
Goal: Build service biz

Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:48 am

Avihihi wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 8:03 pm
Hi guys, I did a photoshoot yetserday and I was looking for some feedback on which pictures I should use on my profile:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... Xxf_FTd1ki

Just as a note, I'll be cropping out the sides of the pictures so you can't tell I'm taking these pics by a house. I think the pics with the brick wall background would look better if the side of the house is cropped out so there's only a brick wall background
These are pretty bad, which is completely natural for your first attempts with the camera.

In the first 2 pics the whole pic looks overexposed and blurry.

I don't like the double pendant thing, I'd stick to one at first. I hate blue on blue denim. The t shirt doesn't fit well-- all the folds and wrinkles make it look like you're fat. I'd strongly recommend a style consultation with @Radical. This outfit gives me wannabe Bollywood actor vibes and it's important for minority guys to dress counter to stereotype.

In the pics without sunglasses your pose isn't masculine and your body language seems like you're really unsure of yourself. The poses looking away (especially last pic) are much better but sunglasses kinda ruin it. I would avoid sunglasses unless you're on a boat in a high value location or something. Your eyes should be visible in most photos.

I would pick a specific photo and try to copy it as close as possible. Also your facial aesthetics are def above average but you need to lose fat.
Avihihi

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:21 am

@MattsCrib

Hey man, I edited some of the photos using lightroom. Do you think you could give me some more feedback?

I know I have a lot to change with the style and pose but I'm curious if you think the edits themselves are made in the right direction
20210727054543_IMG_0160.jpg
20210727054200_IMG_0111.jpg
20210727053913_IMG_0087.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Avihihi

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:31 am

Rags2Bitches wrote:

These are pretty bad, which is completely natural for your first attempts with the camera.

In the first 2 pics the whole pic looks overexposed and blurry.
I used manual, I think i'll do the next shoot with Auto to be honest
Rags2Bitches wrote:

I don't like the double pendant thing, I'd stick to one at first. I hate blue on blue denim. The t shirt doesn't fit well-- all the folds and wrinkles make it look like you're fat. I'd strongly recommend a style consultation with @Radical. This outfit gives me wannabe Bollywood actor vibes and it's important for minority guys to dress counter to stereotype.
The bollywood actor thing made me crack up i'm not gonna lie. In large part because I had the same thought :lol: :lol: :cry:

I'll get rid of the blue on blue denim, I wasn't too crazy about it either but I just wanted to take a picture so I threw on something to try to look more well dressed. Do you think wearing only a black t-shirt would be okay if I still accessorize?
Rags2Bitches wrote:

In the pics without sunglasses your pose isn't masculine and your body language seems like you're really unsure of yourself. The poses looking away (especially last pic) are much better but sunglasses kinda ruin it. I would avoid sunglasses unless you're on a boat in a high value location or something. Your eyes should be visible in most photos.

I would pick a specific photo and try to copy it as close as possible. Also your facial aesthetics are def above average but you need to lose fat.

I see, thanks for the tip. I'll make sure to take my next photoshoot without sunglasses unless I'm somewhere cool + expensive.

And okay, I was trying to loosely copy one of the models in the photo inspiration article but I'll make sure to copy the model more precisely next time. Also I appreciate that, I can't wait to get back down to ~10% bodyfat so my jawline sticks out again.

Can I ask you btw @Rags2Bitches, did you feel awkward when you went out to do a photoshoot the first time? The main mental barrier I have is some fear of being judged if I go to my nearby city and start taking pictures alone (Which is weird since I've easily cold approached over a hundred girls by now)

Rags2Bitches
Name: Andrey
Goal: Build service biz

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:31 am

Avihihi wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:31 am
I'll get rid of the blue on blue denim, I wasn't too crazy about it either but I just wanted to take a picture so I threw on something to try to look more well dressed. Do you think wearing only a black t-shirt would be okay if I still accessorize?

Can I ask you btw @Rags2Bitches, did you feel awkward when you went out to do a photoshoot the first time? The main mental barrier I have is some fear of being judged if I go to my nearby city and start taking pictures alone (Which is weird since I've easily cold approached over a hundred girls by now)
If you were in good shape, yes, otherwise another jacket is better.

Yes it's definitely awkward just like learning any new skill in public. Even big tik tokkers and influencers take pics alone all the time though.

When you feel that way about something, it's even more important to go do it. Think of it as working out your social freedom muscle.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:42 am

Yeah first rule of denim jackets is they cant really match any other denim you're wearing

I usually like to buy a wash option for the jacket so i can contrast with plain denim jeans if i want to try same colour. But never with blue
Avihihi

Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:17 am

Radical wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:42 am
Yeah first rule of denim jackets is they cant really match any other denim you're wearing

I usually like to buy a wash option for the jacket so i can contrast with plain denim jeans if i want to try same colour. But never with blue
I see, so blue on blue, regardless of wash is out of the question. However, black on blue would be okay? If so I might grab a black sherpa denim jacket to go with the blue jeans.

Thanks for the tip by the way!

Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:09 am

The sherpa jackets are sort of timeless but not as in style this year as they used to be

These are my favourite style of jackets atm:
https://www.industrie.com.au/collections/denim-jackets

Shame they are Aussie based only

You can see on there models how they style the denim jackets against black trousers. You can wear a black wash jacket with black denim jeans and get away with it
Avihihi

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:15 am

Radical wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:09 am
The sherpa jackets are sort of timeless but not as in style this year as they used to be

These are my favourite style of jackets atm:
https://www.industrie.com.au/collections/denim-jackets

Shame they are Aussie based only

You can see on there models how they style the denim jackets against black trousers. You can wear a black wash jacket with black denim jeans and get away with it

These look great man I'll look for an American version of this. Thanks for the feedback by t way, I implemented a lot of what I read here during my second and third photoshoot