rate profile pics

TimmyTurner
Name: Timmy
Goal: Lay Pipe & Make Mulla

Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:56 pm

Don't know if it's just me, but I feel like the v-neck shirts are making your neck look extra long. How do crew necks look on you?
365 Project
  • 1 post a day to my log: 0/365

2022 Goals

Dating/Social
  • AA program (31st December)
  • 10 lays w/ all new girls (31st December) (5/10)

Financial/Work
  • Earn £500 p/m outside 9-5 (31st March)
  • Earn £500 p/m online (31st December)

Fitness/Looks
  • Bulk to 76kg w/ 2 mini-cuts (31st December)
  • 2 new tattoos (31st December)
  • Build a minimalist, fuck boy wardrobe (31st December)
marcusRain
Goal: something better
Motto: done with this place

Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:17 am

Rags2Bitches wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:59 pm
i would wear the boots and not the sneakers for most of these leather jacket outfits and wear sneakers with hoodies or a different type of more street style jacket

the glaring issue here (already mentioned above) is that the t shirts don’t fit well. the length is probably fine, although i can’t completely tell by the pics cause you keep tucking them in for some reason. there’s waaay too much room around the waist though. very easy to tailor. you have the narrow chest/big arms body type and the way the t shirts hang loose around your waist only exacerbates that.

wearing collared shirts instead of t shirts is fine (like all saints, check out my man philsancho on insta) but i wouldn’t use them as a jacket over the t shirt. there are better jacket types esp for a cold place.

for now, i would focus on getting a few t shirts tailored to fit well and getting a decent photographer.
k great, thanks for the fashion advice. I'll be getting things tailored shortly.
Rags2Bitches wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:59 pm
longer term, i raised my eyebrows at the “i don’t have the advantage of a big city” part. are you currently taking care of a dying parent? do you have children? if it’s just the inconvenience of finding another job at a hospital in montreal or toronto or something, i’d take some time to think about your priorities. the chances of you finding an attractive girlfriend with the qualities you’re looking for in a small town are laughably lower. obv trade offs to all of this— just depends on what you’re willing to sacrifice
I'm a community physician and opened a private practice with a good friend, and we formed our own family health organization and a couple other physicians have joined. So I'm well-established. Plus I have a kickass loft that I designed myself which is in a 100+ year old building that has been converted to condos, but was a whiskey storage warehouse. It was relatively affordable in my city but would be ridiculous in say Toronto. And I'd be heartbroken to lose it! Anyway, it does come down to mindset: if I wanted to move, I could do it. But that's just not what I'm thinking about right now.

Radical wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:11 pm
Thats a big wardrobe. Best set of shoes ive seen from a newbie so far. Although seems to be a few superfluous options and the boots are little beat up.

You dont want to be tucking your t-shirts into your belt anymore.
No huh? Hmm. Man I thought it looked cool tucking them in just in the front. So yet again, I'm reminded I just have no idea what looks cool. Anyway, thanks--I've already stopped.
TimmyTurner wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 2:56 pm
Don't know if it's just me, but I feel like the v-neck shirts are making your neck look extra long. How do crew necks look on you?
Crap. That is something I did not think about.

Time for a quick update:

[ photos removed ]

I've retaken the office photo:

[ photos removed ]

(Original):

[ photos removed ]

I haven't done much editing yet other than just using the auto settings in Lightroom. But man, I'd say it's a big step up w/ the beard and the hair change.

I'm trying to get a cool 1st profile pic:

[ photos removed ]

Thoughts? My fave is the 1st one but it really shows I'm too thin. But in the other 2 I don't like my facial expression as much (plus it started to snow so there's spots on my coat & shirt I'd need to edit out).

Anyway, I was thinking my line-up would be: a cool 1st profile pic w/ good fashion, then the office pic, then the dog pic (using the original I already took), then the gym pic (have retaken), then a hobby pic (pending), and a group pic (pending).
Last edited by marcusRain on Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adrizzle
Goal: Take Action

Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:11 am

Lamo I think some of this advice is crazy unapplicable. Why are we trying to make a middle aged man dress like some hipster 20 year old?

In any chance op these guys know more than me so take their advice. If you can please test, just the doctor, mediation and dog pic. Cut out everything else. I think being a fucking doctor is way more impressive than wearing rings with a combat jacket. But there’s only one way to find out.
Dewm
Name: Brady
Goal: Love Myself
Motto: Fuck Bitches Get Money

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:30 pm

I like the office pic #2, but I see the smile and I like it. Maybe play around with a smirk or try saying "yeah" to open up your smile, something I saw on tiktok maybe it'll help if not #2 is solid. Also beard is looking nice. Keep it.
#1 on the casual pics looks good. My first thought was "Oh shit he's got a gun!" but I'm just playing.
Keep it up man good work.
Goals
Love Myself
  • Finish my screenplay and make that movie.
  • Produce a comedy show that makes me money
  • Lose weight and gain muscle
Rags2Bitches
Name: Andrey
Goal: Build service biz

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:57 pm

Adriel wrote:
Lamo I think some of this advice is crazy unapplicable. Why are we trying to make a middle aged man dress like some hipster 20 year old?
dude, come on. you could give great technical advice on pics as a photographer but why give online dating advice right now? these premises are bad but I don't have time to write an essay to refute them rn. consider:
- why do we even promote edgy style on this forum (regardless if it's for a 20, 40 or 60yo)? what qualities are we trying to signal? perhaps courage, in-crowd membership with cool sexy people, a healthy disregard for the opinion of mediocre ppl who get mediocre results, etc etc

posting this article here as an example, but Andy and Radical have written much more about this:
https://www.goodlookingloser.com/laid/f ... gXBRHLPz7Q

- what qualities does being a doctor signal? perhaps financial security, dedication to helping others, reverence for a cool skillset, status in polite society, etc. perhaps those qualities don't fully overlap with and could be complemented by the qualities discussed in point 1?
https://www.goodlookingloser.com/laid/f ... taposition

E.g., look at this 45+ yo guy I know with a private practice @juethelegend (on insta). I'm actually not a huge fan of his style or game, I think he relies on the "rich guy" thing too much as a crutch. I know several middle aged doctors who do it better, but they're more private and I'm not comfortable posting pics here. Still, this is a well targeted profile for young party girls. If he wanted a serious relationship with someone more introverted, he'd remove some of the party pics but it wouldn't just be pics of him being a doctor...
Rags2Bitches

Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:05 pm

marcusRain wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:17 am
Thoughts? My fave is the 1st one but it really shows I'm too thin. But in the other 2 I don't like my facial expression as much (plus it started to snow so there's spots on my coat & shirt I'd need to edit out).
Good effort, but I'm not thrilled with either set. Your grooming and hair look a lot better. You need to take more pics for the office photo, like 100+ to get a decent facial expression. The smile is unnatural and tense and you're not smiling with your eyes at all. If you cover the smile and look at the eyes, it looks like you should be institutionalized. The serious one looks a little too mean rather than determined but that's probably editable.

The second set has good style but the pose looks really unnatural and I don't like how the arms are in a similar position to the office photo. something more relaxed/candid looking will be much better, especially for contrast with the posed office photo. I'll post some examples in a bit
marcusRain

Wed Dec 01, 2021 4:34 am

Adriel wrote:

In any chance op these guys know more than me so take their advice. If you can please test, just the doctor, mediation and dog pic. Cut out everything else. I think being a fucking doctor is way more impressive than wearing rings with a combat jacket. But there’s only one way to find out.
hah. I hear ya. You sound like some of my friends. But, this is me; I was already lying about my age and trying to dress trendy years before finding this place.
Dewm wrote:
I like the office pic #2, but I see the smile and I like it. Maybe play around with a smirk or try saying "yeah" to open up your smile, something I saw on tiktok maybe it'll help if not #2 is solid. Also beard is looking nice. Keep it.
thanks a lot, I'll try the tiktok tip if I try to do another smiling photo.
Dewm wrote:
#1 on the casual pics looks good. My first thought was "Oh shit he's got a gun!" but I'm just playing.
Keep it up man good work.
*snort* I had also thought it looked like I was about to pull out a gun when I reviewed the photos later. I was hiding the camera remote!
Rags2Bitches wrote:
Good effort, but I'm not thrilled with either set. Your grooming and hair look a lot better. You need to take more pics for the office photo, like 100+ to get a decent facial expression. The smile is unnatural and tense and you're not smiling with your eyes at all. If you cover the smile and look at the eyes, it looks like you should be institutionalized. The serious one looks a little too mean rather than determined but that's probably editable.
Hah, I've taken literally 100's already in that damned office. I have a goofy smile, there's just no way around it. Honestly I thought office pic #1 was literally the best photo that I've ever seen of myself. I don't think it's going to get much better than that. I've tried using faceapp which, yes, does a great job fixing smiles--but then I feel the result just doesn't look like me. Right now I think I'm going to stick w/ it and work on some of the other photos. It's funny you mention covering the mouth with the hand and looking at the eyes, b/c I had honestly already done that and was satisfied. :P
Rags2Bitches wrote:
The second set has good style but the pose looks really unnatural and I don't like how the arms are in a similar position to the office photo. something more relaxed/candid looking will be much better, especially for contrast with the posed office photo. I'll post some examples in a bit
K, thanks, I appreciate the feedback. What I'm thinking of trying next is emulating this one of Magic Fox sitting on the top of a bench, while using the hand placement in this other photo (like, fixing the cuff of my jacket):

1-10.jpg
male-poses-cufflinks.jpg

I think that could look reasonably candid...?

Anyway, thanks again guys. I super appreciate all the feedback!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sprezza
Goal: Freedom
Motto: Keep pushing it!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 5:51 am

Rags2Bitches wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:57 pm
E.g., look at this 45+ yo guy I know with a private practice @juethelegend (on insta).
Damn the dude is killing it. Looks a bit like Chris LOL. Is his girl a sugarbabe?
Main Goals 2021
A1 BUSINESS
----Have an online independent business netting me 5000$ in total for 2022
A2 RANDOM
----Allow myself to have time for hobbies such as learning a new language, reading/listening to something interesting (0/12 months)
----Get the fuck out of Sweden during bad months (Oct-April)

Sprezza's log
Lay Count: 44
2022: 0
marcusRain

Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:18 am

Trying to come up w/ one 'candid' shot to show good fashion, outside. What do you guys think of these 4? I think the 3rd one, with me looking to my left, is the most natural looking one. In the first one I'm talking to my friend who's taking the picture, but I think it looks too much like a weak smile.

[ photos removed ]
Last edited by marcusRain on Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:00 pm

I think #1 is the best of the lot.
Adrizzle
Goal: Take Action

Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:57 pm

3 is okay

The lighting in these is backlight, your not facing the light source. Making your eyes look dark
marcusRain

Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:36 am

Hey all

Spent the last 6 weeks or so working on my PhotoShop skills. This is my proposed new line-up, in the order that I plan on putting them in my profile. Some of them are composites. Note that I'm mostly just looking for red flags now, like "OMG DO NOT POST THAT YOU JACKASS. WHAT THE HELL'S THE MATTER WITH YOU?! WHAT, DID YOU NOT GET ANY HUGS AS A CHILD???" You know, that sort of thing. Otherwise I'm content with these and eager to put them up. I wanted to include the group photo (last shot) because it's a lower quality selfie and I think it adds a level of realism to the profile.

EDIT: pics reposted in later post
Last edited by marcusRain on Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:10 am

marcusRain wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:36 am
I wanted to include the group photo (last shot) because it's a lower quality selfie and I think it adds a level of realism to the profile.
Remove it. You will be judged on your lowest-quality photo, and it's not good. The sixth one already looks realistic enough.
Pluto
Goal: Lose fat
Motto: Push It Past The Limit

Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:33 am

OP, based on your photo, I think you may best be served in giving off the vibe of a cool type of scholar instead of a gym bro. Almost like Dr. Strange (don't dress like him literally though) or a Jordan Peterson. If you are a doctor then you are clearly a brilliant guy so I think when you get asked to portray yourself as a young rebel hipster, it might not accurately portray your vibe. Instead, own your vibe and add edginess to it.

I think the first photo of you is decent but my thought is, why not be more Oxford Gentleman and add some edge to that? Like the sexy professor she always wanted to sleep with rather than the edgy hipster without a job.

Like embody your style after Dr. Mike and then add edge to that.

Source:

Dorky guy who has had over 250 matches on Hinge and lost his V card solely due to online dating when he changed his pics.
7/20/22

Weight = 183 somewhat regularly

Number of lays in 2022 = 22
Rags2Bitches

Tue Feb 01, 2022 3:42 am

@marcusRain yes that last pic is bad, you look like a tranny.

i think main photo looks weird in black and white. can you post a link to it in color so i can edit real quick

everything else is solid

i would put the first group photo 4th. your eyes look unnaturally blue in it, did you photoshop that or some lighting issue