noob looking for feedback

daalor
Goal: improve style/confiden

Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:54 am

'Sup I just joined the forums and I'm looking for some feed back and advice. I'm trying to find a look that I like and looks good to others as well. As you can see from the gdrive pics I've tried a few different looks. I recently decided to give Movember a try and figured I'd see what I'd look like in advance with a few different beard cuts in quick succession. I'd love some unbiased feedback on them and just in general.

I'm also looking for an accountability buddy (I think that's the word for it). to see if that might help keep me on track. So if any of you can help me out with that I'd really appreciate it, thanks in advance.

https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/f ... irection=a
daalor

Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:21 pm

Bump?
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:08 pm

Congrats on the weight loss dude, you need to keep going with the body side of things. Getting leaner and adding muscle

You really really really really need to fix your style
TimmyTurner
Name: Timmy
Goal: Lay Pipe & Make Mulla

Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:27 pm

Radical wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 4:08 pm
You really really really really need to fix your style
This^^^. No offence intended but it reminds me of Steve Carell in Crazy Stupid Love & 40-year old virgin. Literally wanna take you to a store and give you a full makeover. Go download Radicals free guide for style tips. Probably don't invest crazy amounts if you're cutting but get started with some of the basics so you look better (which greatly impacts on confidence).

With the hair loss, I think you might as well go full-bald. Use @MakingAComeback & @Master as inspiration.

Can you grow a full beard, that moustache look is not it?
365 Project
  • 1 post a day to my log: 0/365

2022 Goals

Dating/Social
  • AA program (31st December)
  • 10 lays w/ all new girls (31st December) (5/10)

Financial/Work
  • Earn £500 p/m outside 9-5 (31st March)
  • Earn £500 p/m online (31st December)

Fitness/Looks
  • Bulk to 76kg w/ 2 mini-cuts (31st December)
  • 2 new tattoos (31st December)
  • Build a minimalist, fuck boy wardrobe (31st December)
MILFandCookies
Name: Joe
Goal: $10k+/month
Motto: Unchain your Passion & Live Life on Your Own Terms

Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:17 pm

I second the weight loss and style advice.

I'd also get a nice camera. Andy has an awesome article on suggestions here - I've upgraded my lens since but it's a solid start https://kyil-extra.com/dslr-camera-guide/

Get the "Recommended Combo"

An alternative is to hire a dating photographer. As a member of this forum though, I suggest buying the equipment. It'll be about the same price as a good dating photographer and you'll learn to take better and better photos.

Also, you've got a surprised look in most of the photos - eyebrows raised.... Here are a couple awesome videos on facial/head posture in photos. The "model" in the first one needs desperately to lose weight and get a better haircut, but the tips Peter Hurley gives are top-notch:

Make your jawline look awesome:
Look confident and relaxed (facial posture):

Here are two photos from a client of mine, one right before I gave him the tip in the last video, one right after. You can see the difference in how confident he looks super easily:
Antonio-168.jpg
Antonio-174.jpg
Keep up the improvement man! Lose weight, get a new wardrobe, get a good camera and practice posing! Then post your new photos and we'll help you out.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I've helped > 100 guys get laid on dating apps.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

P.S. I don't like MILFs, just the name ;)

Goal 1:
• Build + maintain $10k+ profit/month

Goal 2:
• Cut some fat to get abs again
daalor

Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:06 am

Thanks for all the replies y'all. Now to respond to a couple questions/ suggestions you all had.

Hair wise I had settled on the completely bald look which you can see in some of the more recent pics in the drive. As for facial hair I'm not sure. I personally like the full beard but it grows in sparsely on the cheeks. I'm currently trying a goatee and I want to wear it for a while before I settle one way or the other.

I ordered a new camera a couple days ago from Amazon. I decided to go with a Pentax K-70 that came with a 18-55mm Lens, maybe not an amazing lens but a great camera according to the research I did. So I also ordered a Pentax DA 50mm f1.8 lens cause I think that's the one I want. Maybe? If anyone has any advice on lenses for the pentax or other video recommendations, to help someone new to photography. I'd appreciate it. Btw I did watch the two you posted @MILFandCookies and I've watched a couple other vids he has as well, thanks they were really helpful. Especially the head angle vid, really interesting.

As for the wardrobe issue, yeah I still need to go shopping for non work clothes. I'd been putting it off (foolishly I know) till I hit my goals. Anyway thanks again for the replies. And sorry for the wall of text.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:14 am

Keep it to a goatee maintained at like a grade 2. I cant lie to you dude, obsessing over facial hair at this point is like rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Focus entirely on weight loss and clothing
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Fri Oct 15, 2021 11:49 am

daalor wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:06 am
I ordered a new camera a couple days ago from Amazon. I decided to go with a Pentax K-70 that came with a 18-55mm Lens, maybe not an amazing lens but a great camera according to the research I did. So I also ordered a Pentax DA 50mm f1.8 lens cause I think that's the one I want. Maybe? If anyone has any advice on lenses for the pentax or other video recommendations, to help someone new to photography. I'd appreciate it. Btw I did watch the two you posted @MILFandCookies and I've watched a couple other vids he has as well, thanks they were really helpful. Especially the head angle vid, really interesting.
Isn't it a manual lens? If you are going to make photos on yourself from a tripod, setting a focus properly will be close to impossible. More so on lower f settings. And if you are going to shoot only on high Fs, then you can just use the 18-55 kit lens.
That's why you are probably much better off paying for a professional photographer or buying a decent camera smartphone.

I am using a similar lens, 50mm f1.4, but it's Canon. You can buy it for cheap, but may need an adapter to mount it on your camera.
daalor

Fri Oct 15, 2021 12:18 pm

[/quote]
Isn't it a manual lens? If you are going to make photos on yourself from a tripod, setting a focus properly will be close to impossible. More so on lower f settings. And if you are going to shoot only on high Fs, then you can just use the 18-55 kit lens.
That's why you are probably much better off paying for a professional photographer or buying a decent camera smartphone.

I am using a similar lens, 50mm f1.4, but it's Canon. You can buy it for cheap, but may need an adapter to mount it on your camera.
[/quote]

I think it auto focuses...?? there are a couple reviews on Amazon that talk about it auto focusing. Once reviewer complained about how if your touching the lens while it's moving it might fuck up the motor.
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:39 pm

I've double checked it - the site I was looking the lens up states it's a manual focus lens. If it's a mistake (which is likely, as it's just a price aggregator website) it may be a decent budget lens.
Manny
Name: Manpreet
Goal: Find a job

Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:53 am

daalor wrote:

I'm also looking for an accountability buddy (I think that's the word for it). to see if that might help keep me on track. So if any of you can help me out with that I'd really appreciate it, thanks in advance.
If you're still looking for an accountability partner, I would love to be one with you.
daalor

Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:24 pm

Manny wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:53 am
daalor wrote:

If you're still looking for an accountability partner, I would love to be one with you.
Cool, yeah I'm still looking for one. I'm about to head to bed right now. I'll send you a pm when I get up to work out the details.