New DSLR -- need Tinder pic feedback

Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:33 pm

Dude these pics are solid AF.
Curious to see how well they do.

Tho I do think they should be edited to make them 'pop' more. As in better brightness/contrast etc.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

arcade_fireee
Goal: Higher-quality girls

Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:44 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:33 pm
Dude these pics are solid AF.
Curious to see how well they do.
Thanks bro. I know there's massive room for improvement. Here's my current profile:
IMG_2329.jpg

Thoughts on this pic selection / order?
Which one of these are the weakest links that should be replaced ASAP?

Things that could be improved:
- Editing in Lightroom/Photoshop rather than just basic iPhone editing (only decently edited one is @Hard2Focus's which I stole as-is -- thanks!)
- I'm not really boosting at all right now -- want to save them for when my pics are better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Manganiello

Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:50 pm

I've only edited mine in the phone.

#4 is weakest - cuz of the expression, setting and lighting. Outfit is good.

Fill the frame on #1, #2 and #5... Meaning crop them so most of the pixels in the image have you in it.

As far as order. I'd experiment with using #2 as the first. But idk enough to say anything conclusive about that.

Ur pics might be good enough now to boost.

Download and pay for the premium version of FaceApp experiment with all of the settings on there. Specifically smiles, using the masculine feature on gender. And the presets on impression.

Crop them properly.
And adjust shadows, highlights, contrast and brightness.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:55 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Download and pay for the premium version of FaceApp experiment with all of the settings on there. Specifically smiles, using the masculine feature on gender. And the presets on impression.

Crop them properly.
And adjust shadows, highlights, contrast and brightness
@arcade_fireee I added this comment after you thanked me. Just wanted to make sure you saw it.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

arcade_fireee

Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:59 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Fill the frame on #1, #2 and #5... Meaning crop them so most of the pixels in the image have you in it.
For #1 I wanted the motorcycle visible, but I'll play around with filling the frame more.
For #5 if I zoom in too far the skateboard actually gets cut off by the shit Tinder puts at the bottom of the preview:
IMG_2330.jpg
Is that a deal-breaker?
Manganiello wrote:
As far as order. I'd experiment with using #2 as the first
That pic was #1 for me for a long time, and got me laid a decent amount in Wisconsin. It wasn't doing as well for me upon moving to LA (maybe just cuz I need to actually boost -- pay-to-win here)

Really appreciate the feedback ya'll are giving me. I want to get elite pics/tinder results then give advice back to this community.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
arcade_fireee

Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:39 pm

🚨🚨🚨 NEW PICS ALERT 🚨🚨🚨

Went to the gym at my office on a Saturday night when no one was there and took over 300 photos. Here are the standout ones. Any of these workable? I know the lighting isn't ideal (lots of overhead lighting).

These are unedited. Will edit the one I end up choosing to use (if any). My face def needs brightened up. And of course the quality has been lowered to be able to upload here.

IMG_0888.jpeg
IMG_0878.jpeg
IMG_0861.jpeg
IMG_0856.jpeg
IMG_0840.jpeg
IMG_0815.jpeg
IMG_0792.jpeg
IMG_0758.jpeg
IMG_0743.jpeg
IMG_0724.jpeg
IMG_0668.jpeg
IMG_0625.jpeg
IMG_0623.jpeg

Also I've been shooting in "aperture priority mode" where I set the aperture and the camera automatically sets the ISO and shutter speed. I heard it's a good half-way step to going full manual. Although I've noticed that it results in a lot of motion blur if there's any motion in my pics.
Aspire2Greatness
Name: Thomas
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Discipline equals freedom

Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:42 pm

Good stuff! Honored you're using my edited one as your first (I'd probably use your second pic as a first my self though), fingers crossed you'll get some more matches going forward.

Also this is very inspiring stuff, honestly. I've been thinking of getting a new DSLR my self, which one are you currently using? And did you get any extra lens(es) other than the default one?

Looking forward to hearing about your results!

New post:
Dude you are in great shape btw. I'd add #2 but curious to hear what other members has to say.
My progress log
Aka: I quit my dream job of 10 years and moved to the big city

Main goal: sleep with 10 women within the end of the year 7/10.

Previous main goal: Move to a bigger city
Jobs applied for in total: 5
09/20/22: Job landed
arcade_fireee

Sun Oct 31, 2021 5:47 pm

Thanks brother!
Hard2Focus wrote:
Honored you're using my edited one as your first
I think I'm going to try editing it myself since you edited a lower-quality file, which I then downloaded. A lot of quality probably got lost from it lol.
Hard2Focus wrote:
I've been thinking of getting a new DSLR my self, which one are you currently using? And did you get any extra lens(es) other than the default one?
I got Andy's recommended camera and lens here: https://kyil-extra.com/dslr-camera-guide/#recommended. Just the 55mm lens.

I am still self-conscious about setting up a tripod in public and taking pics of myself; I try to do it in low-key areas. But I seem to get more desensitized to it the more I do it.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Sun Oct 31, 2021 6:05 pm

Incredible physique dude

Any of the topless boxing shots would work well
arcade_fireee

Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:49 am

Tinder success story: I just had the best sex of my life from a first date. The chemistry and emotional connection with this girl was like nothing I've experienced before. We were so fucking into each other. The faces she would make at me....pure primal lust. I came quickly (as I usually do on the first round), and she said that was "more than okay", which made me like her even more. We ended up hanging out for over 4 hours. And she sent me the sweetest text afterward:
Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 7.37.50 PM.png

I feel like I hit the jackpot here. Definitely set the bar high for future girls/relationships. I can't have a future girlfriend now without the sex being this good, lol.

Incidentally, this was from that boost I did last Saturday where I only got 4 matches. I had the profile from my October 30th post above when talking to this chick. If I can get a girl like this with my current profile, I can't fucking wait to see what happens when I get really good pics.

I hereby dedicate this lay to @Now because this chick is from Germany, lol.

Screen Shot 2021-11-02 at 7.30.45 PM.png
Now
Name: Ben
Goal: Social Skills (& Sex)
Motto: Actions Are Life

Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:58 am

arcade_fireee wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 2:49 am
Tinder success story: I just had the best sex of my life from a first date. The chemistry and emotional connection with this girl was like nothing I've experienced before. We were so fucking into each other. The faces she would make at me....pure primal lust.

I hereby dedicate this lay to @Now because this chick is from Germany, lol.
Fuck yeah dude, I'm honored lol.

That feeling of pure primal lust is something to strive for, you're making me a little jealous - gonna use that as energy to get there myself!

Keep crushing it brother

EDIT: about the gym pics, I like 1 & 3, super candid but need some lightening as you said
arcade_fireee

Mon Nov 08, 2021 12:29 am

@Manganiello Got FaceApp free trial and played around with editing some of my pictures. They def look better, but tbh I'm skeptical that these edits would significantly boost my match rate, but I'd love to be proved wrong. For the brightness, contrast, shadows, etc. I mostly just used their "Auto" feature, which seems to be pretty good.

IMG_2528.JPG
IMG_2523.JPG
IMG_2520.JPG
IMG_2517.JPG

This one's definitely the biggest improvement, almost to the point where I feel like I'd be catfishing a girl, lol:
IMG_2525.JPG
Rags2Bitches
Name: Andrey
Goal: Build service biz

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:49 am

i don’t like some of these edits dude.

seems like you’ve made yourself more red in a few of the pics. the last pic looks too aggressive, esp red.

imo attractive ppl should only use charm or cute impressions and maybe some smile width adjustments. the hollywood filters tend to overdo it.

i also like the boxing photo below the one you ended up using better
arcade_fireee

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:56 am

Rags2Bitches wrote:
seems like you’ve made yourself more red in a few of the pics. the last pic looks too aggressive, esp red.
thanks, i'll work on fixing this
Rags2Bitches wrote:
i also like the boxing photo below the one you ended up using better
You referring to this one? download/file.php?id=4303&mode=view
Alex226
Name: Alexander
Goal: Get Dates
Motto: Live Loud, Live Bold

Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:38 pm

You have a solid profile and look jacked. Good shit man. I would not use the boxing pictures. Do you actually box? You look awkward holding the gloves which makes it just seem slightly too staged. Hold one of the gloves to your cheek/temple and throw a jab or a cross with the side that is facing the camera so you can see your face. Be slightly more on your toes as well. I know it seems nitpicky but authenticity makes a big difference between "I'm a badass" vs "I'm trying to look cool". The motorcycle picture looks authentic as fuck like you actually are a cafe racer or some shit and that makes it a winner!
Goals:

-Cut to 150-160lbs. Started: 190. Currently: 171.
-Figure out photography well enough for portraits and dope background shots.
-One date a week unless a relationship is formed. Dates since 10/23: 7.
-One lay a month(Preferably more!). Lays since October: 1.
-Increase lifts to 1/2/3/4 for 5. Current for 5: Deadlift:345. OHP: 130. Squat: 265. Bench: 185.