TimmyTurner - AA Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
TimmyTurner
Name: Timmy
Goal: Lay Pipe & Make Mulla

Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:17 am

The past couple of days have been shitty. I went out for about 30 mins on Monday & an hour yesterday. Time + directions have been fine but I'm bailing out with the 'have you been there bit' despite doing a couple of sets with it before. Definitely overthinking it but going to keep trying until I figure it out.

Don't need to read this:

Backdate from the GLL forums that are AA specific

31st Dec:
I've been very lazy/using the tier 4 lockdown in London (highly suggested to stay at home) and the fact most people aren't outside to not do anything. Came to my senses over the past few days (especially with the talk of a tier 5) and went out yesterday and the day before. Tried to do day 6 but saw I was struggling so yesterday just did day 4 to get back into the groove properly. Took me quite a while as there's not too many people and I'm battling my tendency to look for the perfect scenario to walk up to a girl. Anyway, got it done and moving on to day 5 today. Tomorrow is New Years Day and family tend to visit so it might be a bit harder to get out but thankfully it lands on a Friday so I've still got time on the weekend.

1st Feb:
Goal = Complete week 1 of AA program
Didn't do much towards this I can't lie. This should be at the forefront of my mind daily but I've been using the lockdown in London and shitty weather as an excuse. Life's going to carry on even if I do/don't do it so I can only rely on myself to get it done if it's what I truly want.

I went out yesterday and there was hardly anyone outside making it a bit harder as there's more time to get into my head. I've given myself a bit of leeway for any days that I struggle with my thoughts. Also switching up my work pattern, usually try to go out at lunch then after work but I've seen it takes me a while to get warmed up and by the time I've gotten started it's almost time to go back home. Going to take 2-hour lunch breaks and make up the extra hour in the evening so I can better build momentum.

2nd Feb:
Day 5 done and day 6 audio listened to. Just thinking about asking if someone has been there is making me feel anxious. I feel like I’m fine with time + directions but just that last bit throws me off. Also means I have to hold the interaction for what feels like an age.

It’s going to rain tomorrow so I’ve got my umbrella ready.

3rd Feb:
Day 6 started but not completed. I got up to the directions but couldn’t manage to get the final rep in where you ask if they’ve been there.

I was asking ‘time’, ‘time + directions to a coffee shop’. We go again tomorrow.

5th Feb:
Still on day 6, only went out for a little bit today but my head wasn't in the right place since I had a client call just before with a passive-aggressive woman. I'd rather you be upfront and bitch about something than to moan indirectly. Anyway, the aim is to get the drill completed this weekend. Still stuck with the 'have you been there' question.

6th Feb:
Left my house around just after midday hoping to do crush my AA goal. Spent the first 3 or so hours in my head for no reason walking around. I had a slight rip in my t-shirt collar that I noticed after I left the house and I literally was saying to myself everyone can see it and they're judging me because I look homeless. WTF?!? Bitched out on every girl I saw and wasn't even holding eye contact. I started getting pissed off at myself so I read through some of Manganiello's log and I think it was his day 12 where he talked about something similar but I was determined not to go home without talking to at least one person/I'm forcing myself to stay out for as long as I have set for the day (i.e. for the full 4 hours today). Set a 10 minute & got straight in time - done, time + directions - done. The timer went off when I asked someone the time lol, played it off. Lost a bit of momentum but got in with the time + directions - they didn't know any coffee shops so I skipped the have you been there, tried again - neither did they. This happened another 3 times and by that point, my momentum had gone and my feet were aching so I called it a day.

7th Feb:
Went out to do AA drills, in the snowfall/cold weather but there was hardly anyone out. Couldn't go from 0-100 (i.e. straight to time, directions & have you been there) so I just repped time + directions. Went in after an hour as the weather was shit and my fingers couldn't take it anymore. Going to have to rethink my deadlines for the AA program for the rest of the month.
365 Project
  • 1 post a day to my log: 0/365

2022 Goals

Dating/Social
  • AA program (31st December)
  • 10 lays w/ all new girls (31st December) (5/10)

Financial/Work
  • Earn £500 p/m outside 9-5 (31st March)
  • Earn £500 p/m online (31st December)

Fitness/Looks
  • Bulk to 76kg w/ 2 mini-cuts (31st December)
  • 2 new tattoos (31st December)
  • Build a minimalist, fuck boy wardrobe (31st December)
sundleboro
Name: Bill
Goal: Social freedom
Motto: The key to life is progressive overload

Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:24 am

So
TimmyTurner wrote:
The timer went off when I asked someone the time lol
I know that feeling hahah
TimmyTurner wrote:
Going to have to rethink my deadlines for the AA program for the rest of the month.
Are there no indoor places, shopping centers, malls, grocery stores you can be in? The thing with this program is to just do it every day, and really aim for above the minimum. If this is your Goal #1 like your signature says, then you definitely have to push yourself to do it day in and day out. Yeah, we're going to have bad days. I'm going to have a bad day in the future with the program that's going to make me feel hypocritical for writing this. But the most important thing to me so far is this thing that Chris says: you're going to hit a point where you're not going to be motivated anymore to do it. At that point, you have to choices: you either quit, or you start working harder. Putting in actual work and literally forcing your body to just do the drill. Last year, I started this program, I used COVID as an excuse and picked the first option. This time, COVID's still around, but I'm going with option #2.

But you're dumping a bunch of the logs out at once, so maybe you are going through with it, and in that case congratulations! Disregard what I wrote. We'd still like to hear from you on a daily basis, it really helps with this. But Timmy, if you're taking a bunch of days off, then there might be more important things to do in your life than this. That's fine, priorities are priorities, mostly if it's work-related or something else of long-term importance. Maybe it's hard already. If you get into the rhythm of the program though, like doing it every day and updating us every day, then you build up a momentum. You need that momentum, knowing that on the previous days, you did the drill no matter how horrible and hopeless and dreadful you felt. All you have to do is give it your all, and have fun with people's reactions a little. Take a look at my log, it reads like some stream-of-consciousness novel of anxiety. Felt really hard and important at the time I was writing them, and it still does every day, but at least I'm feeling that anxiety for harder and more out-there things. You can do it too.
TimmyTurner wrote:
got in with the time + directions - they didn't know any coffee shops so I skipped the have you been there, tried again - neither did they. This happened another 3 times and by that point, my momentum had gone and my feet were aching so I called it a day.
Try continuing the conversation even if they say they haven't been there, even when it doesn't make sense. "Have you been to any good coffeshops?" "No." "Did you like it?" "Huh?/I said I haven't./Oh no, I haven't been there." You kind of have to face those reactions when you're saying weird stuff. Don't try to avoid it, drive straight into that wall. You realize immediately that it's not really a wall and nothing bad happens. Just explore how people react when you say nonsensical things. The AA program lets you start small, so just do the program, that's all.

Watch this (thanks @KillYourInnerLoser for introducing me to this channel through his log last year) and the rest of the channel's videos. That guy is totally neurotic and awkward, but he does it. Over and over and over and over.
TimmyTurner

Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:10 pm

sundleboro wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:24 am

But you're dumping a bunch of the logs out at once, so maybe you are going through with it, and in that case congratulations! Disregard what I wrote. We'd still like to hear from you on a daily basis, it really helps with this. But Timmy, if you're taking a bunch of days off, then there might be more important things to do in your life than this. That's fine, priorities are priorities, mostly if it's work-related or something else of long-term importance. Maybe it's hard already. If you get into the rhythm of the program though, like doing it every day and updating us every day, then you build up a momentum. You need that momentum, knowing that on the previous days, you did the drill no matter how horrible and hopeless and dreadful you felt. All you have to do is give it your all, and have fun with people's reactions a little. Take a look at my log, it reads like some stream-of-consciousness novel of anxiety. Felt really hard and important at the time I was writing them, and it still does every day, but at least I'm feeling that anxiety for harder and more out-there things. You can do it too.
As of tomorrow, I should be posting daily (need to work on my feelings of being a burden on the forum). Took a major decision on Friday and used the weekend to come to terms with it. More on that later.

Didn't go out today (tying up loose ends to do with the decision I made) but did on the weekend. Literally the last set of day 6 left. Literally can't stand 'have you been there' & I'm just grinding through it
365 Project

2022 Goals

Dating/Social

Financial/Work

Fitness/Looks
TimmyTurner

Tue Feb 23, 2021 10:27 pm

Keeping it brief as I'm knackered + I wanna get a good nights sleep before what's going to be a long-ass day tomorrow.

First thing, the news I alluded to over the past few days that would affect the AA program. It's been approved by senior management so work & I have agreed for me to terminate my contract. I've been lacking motivation in my role & while I've maintained my standard of work my overall engagement & mental health (I was sooo depressed every morning) had taken a hit. Worked a 12 hour day today finalising everything for my handover and for the rest of the week I'll be working half days (till 12/1pm). After this week, I'M A FREE MANNNNNNN!!! FUCK YEAH!!!

What that means is for the next month (March), AA program is essentially my job (fuck, that makes me kinda nervous - what if I fail?!?). Thinking 12pm-6pm most days then workout in the evening but we'll do a little taster tomorrow (note to self: wear comfortable trainers).

As for today, I don't know what it was but I couldn't get myself going at all. It was like I was there to do the drill but I couldn't execute anything. Usually I have a few go-to tricks to get me started (approach the next girl no matter what, set a timer, ask a store employee) but none of that worked today. Fucking Weird AF. Low-key making me anxious that it might happen tomorrow. I think I'm gonna check-in throughout the day so if anyone's around if I'm struggling, please give me a push in the right direction.
365 Project

2022 Goals

Dating/Social

Financial/Work

Fitness/Looks
Toast
Name: Devin
Goal: Japanese Plate
Motto: The Time to Hesitate Has Ceased

Wed Feb 24, 2021 1:24 am

TimmyTurner wrote:
After this week, I'M A FREE MANNNNNNN!!! FUCK YEAH!!!
Congrats man!
TimmyTurner wrote:
I don't know what it was but I couldn't get myself going at all. It was like I was there to do the drill but I couldn't execute anything.
I wouldn't worry too much about days like this. Everyone has off days, even the most successful people out there feel like shit some times. Nobody is perfect every sing day of their life. Setting simple mini goals with a time limit or approach goals helps motivate me. On the days where I put the pressure on myself I feel like I've done my best. Everyone is different thought. Just gotta think about what motivates you and lean on that.

When I first started and I was getting nervous asking for the time, I set goals like 30 min, 5 girls. And I would try to hit that. If I did better I would be happy, but if I did worse id try to think back on why I didn't hit my goal.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=517&p=9840#p9840
sundleboro

Wed Feb 24, 2021 4:54 am

TimmyTurner wrote:
As for today, I don't know what it was but I couldn't get myself going at all.
Just have to build momentum. Do 5 days in a row, and you won't want to skip on the 6th. And if you do, force yourself to walk out the door and do it anyway. You'll feel better after the first set.
TimmyTurner

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:59 am

The time is 12pm (or 11:59am) & I'm stepping out. Will post as I go.

Update 1: half way point. I’ve literally walked for ever. Only gotten up to time + directions before bailing. Haven’t found the momentum for the have you been there. Taking a lil break in the park to rest my feet then back again.

Update 2: Day 6 is done finally. Had a fuck it moment & forced myself to ask the next woman I see. Had to cross the road & stumbled my way through but got it done. Done an extra set just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. I'm listening to day 7's audio now and resting my feet ready for tomorrow (almost 40,000 steps :shock:).
365 Project

2022 Goals

Dating/Social

Financial/Work

Fitness/Looks
Toast

Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:50 pm

TimmyTurner wrote:
Had a fuck it moment & forced myself to ask the next woman I see. Had to cross the road & stumbled my way through but got it done. Done an extra set just to make sure it wasn't a fluke
That's what I'm talkin about man! Great job forcing yourself to do it instead of just making up excuses why not to or putting it off till the next day. Definitely some great progress right there.
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Wed Feb 24, 2021 11:22 pm

TimmyTurner wrote:
Day 6 is done finally. Had a fuck it moment & forced myself to ask the next woman I see.
Good job man. You earned it.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

sundleboro

Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:13 am

What's happening, how's it going? Don't leave us hanging
TimmyTurner

Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:17 am

sundleboro wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:13 am
What's happening, how's it going? Don't leave us hanging
Apologies for the lack of updates. I’ve either had food poisoning or a stomach bug the past week. I’ll spare the exact details but yesterday was the first day I’ve felt better since last week. Went out just to get back in the groove but got some reps in of time, directions + been there.

Looking to redo more reps today to get my mojo back then go onto day 7 tomorrow.
365 Project

2022 Goals

Dating/Social

Financial/Work

Fitness/Looks
TimmyTurner

Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:32 pm

Hey hey.

Started day 7 yesterday and got 3 sets in but I'm not 100% sure if I'm doing this get in there right (or if it's having the desired effect). Are you supposed to 1) get in there just for the first rep of the day, 2) get in there for every new set (i.e. each time I'm just asking for the time) or 3) get in there for every rep.

Tried doing it number 3 way yesterday but could only do 2 in a row so I just kept on repping as normal. Today I went out but couldn't get started at all. Wasn't in a social mood at all nor could I force myself to get into one.

Go again tomorrow.
365 Project

2022 Goals

Dating/Social

Financial/Work

Fitness/Looks
Toast

Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:27 am

KillYourInnerLoser wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:54 pm
All that matters is you give it a good fucking go and stay out for as long as you possibly can each day. Every second you're out there is a huge success (even if you don't end up doing a drill - as long as you're TRYING YOUR GOD DAMN BEST to).
Damn good advice right here!
TimmyTurner wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:32 pm
Started day 7 yesterday and got 3 sets in but I'm not 100% sure if I'm doing this get in there right
Doesn't really seem like anything is being done wrong either. You did 3 sets. That's more then none, and like Andy said as well, you're out there making progress just being out and about. 3 sets is 9 girls. That's 9 more girls you talked to then the average dude.

I think about get in there not as an action I'm taking but a mentality to think of. Hype yourself up and approach the first girl you see. Throw yourself into the fire at the first chance available. If you need to think that way every approach that's fine. Whatever motivates you to have the ability to approach.

Keep up the good work man. Any progress towards your goal is good progress
Japanese Lay count -10

Toast's AA Log
TimmyTurner

Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:21 pm

Took a day off which inadvertently turned into two weeks from a lack of motivation to go outside at all. Forced myself again after listening to one of Radical's videos and finished up day 7, took the whole fucking day & a lot of turning the "wtf is wrong with you, stop making excuses" thoughts into "you've got this, one girl at a time".

Had a sneak peak at week 2 and a couple days look tough on paper but one baby step at a time I suppose.
365 Project

2022 Goals

Dating/Social

Financial/Work

Fitness/Looks
Crypto
Goal: Get Lean (4-6 pack)
Motto: Hard Choices, Easy Life

Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:42 am

TimmyTurner wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:21 pm
one baby step at a time
One thing depression has taught me is that baby steps, half baby steps and quarter baby steps are the best thing since slice bread. They will turn into fucking strides quicker than you think if you just keep forcing those baby steps

Abs Lvl 3 - [82.5kg] ➔ [80kg] ➔ [77.5kg]
Tinder Lvl 1 - [Take Photos] ➔ [Make Profile] ➔ [Get a Date]