R2s Serious Action Log: Pulling Gurls from the Club

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:29 am

RogerRoger wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 4:34 am
@Lostcause, one quick question tho, bit confused: you said your code isn't in C# but then what language is it? Google was suggesting *.cs is typically C#
Did I? One edit too much I guess.
Yeah, it's C#. Also using WPF, Caliburn Micro and Oxyplot technology.
RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:33 am

Eh, I'll have to expand on Goal Meta-analysis more another day. Just some brief reflections on today.

Gym
Added 20 lbs to my squat today! It was with a cambered bar so a bit different. Hit 245 lbs for a single. Stupidly it did fuck up my elbow a bit. It's dumb because all I was doing was gripping the bar and I really wasn't expecting squatting to aggravate it. Well, it'll heal eventually.

Photo Experiments
Another two likes on hinge today! Been rather busy and haven't changed the profile or sent likes with messages. Rather bizarre, I've received a uniform spread of likes on photos so far. Perhaps that means they're equally good. Another fun thing is most of the matches appear to come around meal times (breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Will be interesting to see what trends emerge/remain after more data is collected!

Improving Satisfaction with my day
I was quite stressed out today and was in quite a poor mood due to (two!?) hardware malfunctions work-related today. Thankfully everything is backed up but the whole past week was getting data onto a new external drive to get analysis done and now that's not possible. So I'm stuck to working with the more limited dataset.

Anyway, I did a four minute meditation which calmed me down and charted out what I was unhappy with and possible solutions.

1) pretty bad brain fog today.
-> possibly related to snoozing my alarm (started past two days)
-> possibly related to recent doubling mayo consumption.
-> possibly related to recent pastrami consumption.
=> Tomorrow I'll consume normal mayo and wake up on the first alarm
=> Phone far from bed + notecard on phone with reminder to STAY UP!

2) beautiful day but was too busy to enjoy
=> bring a paper/book outside and read for 1 hour whenever that happens. Reading is still productive!

Now I just need to finish some work, send an email, and head to bed!
Lostcause

Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:44 am

Lostcause wrote:
Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:29 am
-> possibly related to recent doubling mayo consumption.
I guess mayo being mostly fat should not have much impact on a brain fog. Still I would cut down on it. I only recently realized how many calories there are in mayo. If I only had realized that while on bulk, I would reach my weight goals twice as fast haha.
Crisis_Overcomer
Goal: Earn $5,000/month
Motto: Motion beats meditation

Wed Apr 07, 2021 11:16 am

Good to see you posting more often
RogerRoger wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:33 am
Stupidly it did fuck up my elbow a bit. It's dumb because all I was doing was gripping the bar and I really wasn't expecting squatting to aggravate it. Well, it'll heal eventually
When possible, try to have your thumb next to your index finger instead of using it to "hug" whatever you're holding. Much more elbow friendly position in lots of exercises.
Spazdig
Goal: Get Laid

Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 am

Lostcause wrote:
Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:44 am
I guess mayo being mostly fat should not have much impact on a brain fog. Still I would cut down on it. I only recently realized how many calories there are in mayo. If I only had realized that while on bulk, I would reach my weight goals twice as fast haha.
Perfectly understandable since Polish majonez is basically sandwich cocaine it's that good. Aldi's ' lighter' mayonnaise is quite good at 40 cals a spoon, just don't get the 'lightest ' as its like glue
RogerRoger

Thu Apr 08, 2021 4:12 am

Brain fog: guessing it was the alarm rather than the mayo. Got up no alarm today and had one serving mayo, no problem.

Also, @Lostcause, I track everything I consume and I thought doubling it would be a nice way to add calories. It's only 100 calories per serving so not a ton for me... (I consumed 4300 calories yesterday and need to consume 4k+ to gain weight...)

@Crisis_Overcomer, excellent reminder! That probably would help since I know farmers carry / gripping is one trigger for my elbow.

Photo Experiment
One more like today, another for the miami photo. Changed location to Dubai (Jumeirah Palm) so we'll see how that goes. Mostly seeing trophy wife material. It's a 24h flight and like 1k from me currently but half that and only 9h from Munich so maybe I'll head there in the future.

Gym
Did 3 pull-ups this morning but even just the hang getting setup felt dangerous on the elbow so I'll avoid that a bit, or better use the weight assisted machine at the gym to ease back to it.

Also did some handstand training today so watch out @Lostcause!

Again punting on Goal Meta-analysis, probably will keep punting to the weekend.

Satisfaction With My Day
So it was a much better day than yesterday regarding mood since I allowed myself to do what I wanted more or less. The main downside is I felt a decent amount of anxiety procrastinating working and am not happy with not finishing anything concrete today (related to not putting enough time in).

But, going to sleep early for a change and going to work HARD tomorrow! (Not just gym hard :))
Lostcause

Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:42 am

Spazdig wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:45 am
Perfectly understandable since Polish majonez is basically sandwich cocaine it's that good. Aldi's ' lighter' mayonnaise is quite good at 40 cals a spoon, just don't get the 'lightest ' as its like glue
Yeah, it's basically sandwitch cocaibe, I could not agree more haha. Ive seen one with 700kcal/100g, and so are most of them. If you are looking for dirty bulk, mayo is a way to go.
RogerRoger

Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:04 am

Photo Experiment
Only one like in Dubai whereas I was getting 2/day in NYC. I'll keep it there one more day and if no likes tomorrow I'll at least try a new neighborhood there.

Gym
Upper body day. Fucking hate bands. I'm just not going to go to the gym for upper body day anymore and replace band exercises with cable or dumbbells. Much less awkward, better range of motion, and feels better on my injured side. Lower body day tomorrow!

Also going to try a massage therapist tomorrow to see if that can help my elbow (I now I have a lot of tightness and there's a spot under my shoulder blade I feel like my lacrosse ball is a bit too big and I can't reach my fingers back there). Anyway, might as well try!

Work / Day Satisfaction
Pretty stressed today. Had a meeting and wanted to get a lot done for it. Making a plot I thought should take me 15 minutes took me an hour. Super frustrating that hlines apparently outputs differently than loglog. Anyway, I eventually figured out a workaround. Ended up quite happy with the meeting and my preparation for it. Want to finally get this project done in the next 7 days and then I'll have so much more free time for everything. Going to go hard at it! Might flake two dates I have set for this weekend.
Lostcause

Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:39 am

Hey @RogerRoger!
It turns out there is an actually easy way to work out your tinder photo scores. Yesterday I was unexpectedly emailed by some aussie guy about my tinder app repo and I learned that:
Response for /matches request contains "liked-content" field for some of your matches. The content being your photo, containing it's score, rank and win-ratio. You can extract it easily from a browser using f12 content-inspector->network, then looking for /matches xhr. We have no idea why the field is there for some matches, for some not, but maybe we will work it out.

Anyway, what I learned:
My currently main photo is score:0.25, rank: 1, win-count: 4.
So I suppose it's 1 in 4 girls seeing the photo choosing to swipe right on me. Rank being it's order compared to my other photos (set manualy), win-count suggest exact amount of girls that matched me on that photo, tho 4 seems kinda low, even tho I do not have a lot of matches right now (30ish maybe).
It's open for interpretation, but feel free to check it out.
RogerRoger

Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:46 pm

@Lostcause, looks like I'll have some fun learning some web-scraping to do this programmatically. However, regarding your note on using inspector in browser, I wasn't able to find "liked-content" - maybe it's no luck for the matches I have now? I deleted rather a lot of my matches recently...screenshot attached, using Chrome on Windows 10 machine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lostcause

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:12 pm

You should look into actual http request. Check "XHR" to filter these out. Then find the right one (you can use search bar "matches"). Then look for "response" tab, it should be there as plain text.

In my case Ive got two out of 45 matches containing the info right now.
Relentless
Goal: Get laid
Motto: Positive Mental Attitude

Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:20 pm

Haha scrolling fast through these page made me think these guys are hacking tinder to direct themselfs in the inbox of the hot girls ^^
play_time_is_over
Name: Simon
Goal: 30 Lays
Motto: Doing something badly is better than doing nothing

Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:14 am

Lostcause wrote:
Hey @RogerRoger!
It turns out there is an actually easy way to work out your tinder photo scores. Yesterday I was unexpectedly emailed by some aussie guy about my tinder app repo and I learned that:
Response for /matches request contains "liked-content" field for some of your matches. The content being your photo, containing it's score, rank and win-ratio. You can extract it easily from a browser using f12 content-inspector->network, then looking for /matches xhr. We have no idea why the field is there for some matches, for some not, but maybe we will work it out.

Anyway, what I learned:
So I suppose it's 1 in 4 girls seeing the photo choosing to swipe right on me. Rank being it's order compared to my other photos (set manualy), win-count suggest exact amount of girls that matched me on that photo, tho 4 seems kinda low, even tho I do not have a lot of matches right now (30ish maybe).
Can you show a screenshot of where to find this? Sounds super interesting, but like R2 I can't find it.
Goal: 12 / 30 lifetime lays.

Stats: 6'5" - 88kg - 32 years old.
RogerRoger

Sun Apr 11, 2021 3:50 am

Photo Experiment
@Lostcause & @play_time_is_over, I think I've figured it out!

I slightly tweaked the (python) code from this repo: https://github.com/fbessez/Tinder

After authenticating, I first looked into the "liked-content" field of matches that @Lostcause mentioned:

Code: Select all

result = tinder_api.get_updates("")
result["matches"][10]["liked_content"]["by_closer"]["photo"]["url"]
That url goes to a photo of the girl that I must've liked to generate the match. I'm guessing it's missing for girls who took down that photo since it's present for 10 of my 13 matches and the ones that it's missing are older matches.

Additionally, the data S3nga was talking about is present for your own photos:

Code: Select all

result = tinder_api.get_self()
result["photos"][4]["rank"]
result["photos"] can be indexed for each of your profile's photos in order. Rank from 0 to N is Tinder's thoughts on your best photo which is based on the "win_count" which presumably corresponds to girls liking the photo.

Looking at scores + win_counts of the girls' "liked-content" photo suggests to me that "score" is partially influenced by win_count but presumably also related to who the likes were received by.

So that's similar to the score I was developing by hand for Hinge where I was taking into account the number of likes each of my photos received but also my ranking out of 10 of the girl that gave the like.

So, keeping track of win_count and score should be the way to test your photos on Tinder.

Thanks for pointing this out S3nga! Let the data mining commence :)

Gym
Arm day fried by triceps (good), hockey got my heart pumping (good), and did core afterwards. Feeling good!

I have a date tomorrow morning so that'll be nice.

The only downside is it's nearly midnight so I should go to sleep now but I've only had about 2k calories today. And I've only had 3k the past two days (which is below maintenance for me...)
Lostcause

Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:56 am

play_time_is_over wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 2:14 am
Lostcause wrote:
Hey @RogerRoger!

Anyway, what I learned:
Can you show a screenshot of where to find this? Sounds super interesting, but like R2 I can't find it.
Screenshot_7.jpg
Here exactly. F12->Network->Filter for matches then select one (may need refreshing or some interacting with the website)->Preview
It should be a really long json text, so copy it and paste somewhere for more clarity.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.