Why you must upload an Avatar image of yourself.

Once you've posted/replied & introduced yourself in here, you'll be able to post in all the other sections of the forum.
KillYourInnerLoser
Name: Andy
Goal: Elite body.
Motto: "You sure as hell can too."

Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:07 am

Uploading an avatar image of yourself to be shown next to all of your posts is an important part of using this community.

If you don't want to show your face, crop it out/blur it out.

Reasons why we have this:

1) You'll get better - and more - advice and support.

It's a pretty simple psychological phenomenon that if I can see you right in front of me (rather than you being a faceless stranger on the internet), I'm going to be much more likely to help you. It's much easier to empathise with - and actually help - someone you can see. Upload a photo of yourself as your avatar and suddenly you're a real live actual human being; not some faceless words on a computer screen.

2) Accountabililty.

Having your face next to the words you write and the goals you work on makes you take yourself more seriously. You're stamping your face on your posts and saying, "I stand by my words - I'm not just some random anyonmous person on the internet lazily posting crap he's put very little effort into. I'm willing to stand by my words and actually mean them; I take myself seriously.

It has the knock-on effect of making you go all-in with your goals, and it makes you take yourself and your life more seriously.

And if you don't take yourself seriously, why should anybody else take you seriously?

3) We get a sense of your vibe

Similar to the above point; if we can see what you look like/what you're wearing, we can get a sense of who you are as a person and what you're all about. So the advice we can give you will be a million times more specific to you.

If you look like a massive bodybuilder in his early 20's who goes clubbing every weekend, we're probably going to give you different advice vs if you're a 40yo guy wearing a suit who's focused on his career right now and wants a bit of advice with finding a long-term girl to date. Your photo is a shortcut to better, more-tailored advice.

It's also damn near impossible to give you fashion advice/gym advice/losing fat advice if we can't even see what you look like.

If you don't have a photo, you might spend months/years spinning your wheels, having no luck with dating, wondering why girls keep rejecting you. Meanwhile you're 100kg overweight and dress like shit - but none of us had any idea because you haven't posted a photo of yourself. Save yourself months/years of hell (and us wasting our time giving you the wrong advice) - put a photo up.

If you're worried about privacy - why? This is a self-improvement website; you're literally here to make yourself a better human being. You don't want your friends and family knowing you're trying to improve yourself?

If you'd still like to be more private - blur/black out your face, or crop it out.

-----

To upload an avatar:

1) Go into your User Control Panel (click your name at the top-right of the forums.
2) Click Profile.
3) Click Edit Avatar
4) Upload your file, and click Submit

----------

And if you want to go even further balls-deep into taking your goals seriously, consider posting vlogs. Just talk into a camera/your phone, tell us what you're working on/share something about your day, upload it on Youtube (as a private/unlisted video so it doesn't show in YouTube searches) and upload here.

If anyone has any other reasons to add here as to why we push for people to stick a photo next to their name - tell me and I'll add them to the list.
-Andy
Andy / Australia
My YouTube

Be coached by me
Radical
Goal: Build Blog
Motto: Take drastic action

Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:04 am

Said this in a few places but ill add it under this post as well

***Also consider doing Vlogs if you want the most help***
I offer 1-on-1 style coaching. PM me or contact thehatfish@outlook.com for more info
You can also pick up a free style guide at my website:
https://www.thehatfish.com
KillYourInnerLoser
Name: Andy
Goal: Elite body.
Motto: "You sure as hell can too."

Sun Jun 07, 2020 6:04 am

Radical wrote:
Sun Jun 07, 2020 5:04 am
***Also consider doing Vlogs if you want the most help***
Added.
Andy / Australia
My YouTube

Be coached by me
GravyTrain
Goal: Make money
Motto: Hustle & Motivate

Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:36 am

Ya it's pretty paramount esp if you're looking for style, or looksmaxing advice.

I'm always open to any suggestions on things that increase my appearance. If you're on this forum you should drop the ego, post your pics and take feedback. It comes from a selfless place, getting help from guys who have either been there done that, or are in a similar boat as you, figuring out life at the same time. Why would you NOT want help from those people?
MY YT CHANNEL (COPY WHAT I'M DOING TO MAKE MONEY):
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCdIDA3 ... EbtQTYz90A

25 Years Old
GOALS:
Finish tattoo sleeves (DONE)
Move to sick apt (DONE)
Hit 500k/year income