Maestro mastering Tinder

maestro
Goal: Get Laid

Tue May 17, 2022 9:18 pm

Greets from Austria,

first post on this forum. nice to be on board

I used to play around with Tinder in the past and had basically no results so i quit it.
This time I am way more serious.
That being said: I get no matches on Tinder at all. I live in a city with 300k people, mostly students, fair share of women, so there should be some matches. But i get like 2 a week, with girls that are not attractive at all.
Full disclosure: I dont expect to get 100matches a day with this pics(I am aware there is room for improvement) but there should be at least some i guess. Not zero. Tbh the horrible results make me feel like I am a ugly as fuck (am I objectively speaking?) and fuck my confidence.

So could you rate my current Tinder pics and give me some pointers?
0=worst of the worst 5=50%of guys are worste, 50%better 10=Tinder god
Thanks guys
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by maestro on Thu May 26, 2022 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue May 17, 2022 9:44 pm

No point rating your Tinder photos, only telling you what you need to improve.

There's nothing wrong with your looks, only with your photos.

Your photos are too low quality and too similar. They portray you as a loner confined to indoors who took his own photos with a tripod.

Your match rate makes sense to me. Competition is high in 2022. Read Andy's Tinder photos guide and do a professional photoshoot.
maestro

Wed May 18, 2022 10:14 am

Thanks for your answer, pancakemouse

would you say that there is 1 or 2 that are usable though, at least in the interim?
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Wed May 18, 2022 10:50 am

maestro wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:14 am
Thanks for your answer, pancakemouse

would you say that there is 1 or 2 that are usable though, at least in the interim?
Both black and white photos.
Lord Rey
Name: Nicolas
Goal: Make money from home

Wed May 18, 2022 11:44 am

@pancakemouse said it well : the problem isn't your looks but your photos.

Firstly, you shouldn't have two Tinder pictures in the same context (same location and/or same clothes).

Secondly, you really need to add at least one group picture, because without it, your profile feels lonely and staged.

Otherwise, I don't think your pictures are so bad. I think the first and seventh are pretty good actually.

About the dating pool, I didn't use Tinder this year as I'm currently in a relationship, so I can't tell if the dating market is really getting shittier or not, but I can tell you that results can be night and day just depending on your location.
Maybe your place in Austria is just as fucked up as my place in Switzerland for dating and Tinder. If you have an opportunity to move elsewhere to try (like for vacation maybe), you surely can get better results even with your current pictures.
maestro

Sun May 22, 2022 2:58 pm

@Lord Rey thanks for your input. I tested photo 1 and 7 in photofeeler. After 30 votes each the guitar picture got a 6.6 on attractiveness (kinda dissapointed) while the other one got a 9.6 (extremely surprised.) Dont know how much trust to put into photofeeler though.

I will use those to in the short term and really try to get a few other ones in there aswell. I do have a few social pics but they are all "bro pics", me and a friend looking goofy while drunk in horrible lighting. I will post my updated profile once i made a significant amount of changes.

If anyone else has Input, please shoot.
Lord Rey
Name: Nicolas
Goal: Make money from home

Mon May 23, 2022 7:16 am

maestro wrote:
@Lord Rey thanks for your input. I tested photo 1 and 7 in photofeeler. After 30 votes each the guitar picture got a 6.6 on attractiveness (kinda dissapointed) while the other one got a 9.6 (extremely surprised.) Dont know how much trust to put into photofeeler though.
You already got better ratings than I ever did on Photofeeler haha. Girls on this website really don't like to see my face as I never got more than a 6 and most of my pictures were rated even lower.

I don't think Photofeeler is that great tho because the results are inconsistent in my experience and my best rated pictures there are far from being my truly best actually… And on top of that, it costs too much to get proper statistics.
maestro wrote:
I will use those to in the short term and really try to get a few other ones in there aswell. I do have a few social pics but they are all "bro pics", me and a friend looking goofy while drunk in horrible lighting. I will post my updated profile once i made a significant amount of changes.
Yeah that would be the best addition to your profile, a high quality group picture.

Best of luck !
maestro

Thu May 26, 2022 2:16 pm

Bc Photoshoots are difficult atm i did a bit of searching and found a few pics that are at least slightly better. A Lot room for improvement but i take it one step at a Time. The goal of this change was to add more diversity to the pictures and kill off the bad vibes. Photo quality is something that i will take care off more and more. Would u agree it is better now? Am i on the right track? Share your thoughts and ideas. Kinda authentic when talking about pictures haha
Btw gotta Change that Thread zu something more Log like to Document my tinder experience
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TKO
Goal: Get laid!

Sun May 29, 2022 8:04 pm

Ey @pancakemouse, when you say his photos are too low quality, you mean low definition or that they are not appropiate?
maestro

Tue May 31, 2022 1:51 pm

TKO wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 8:04 pm
Ey @pancakemouse, when you say his photos are too low quality, you mean low definition or that they are not appropiate?
not to put any words into @pancakemouse mouth, but I guess he means low definition. What do you mean with "not appropiate" ?
Hard2Focus
Name: Thomas
Goal: Move to a bigger city
Motto: Hard work always pays off

Tue May 31, 2022 2:53 pm

Your photos still mainly give off the "lonely guy taking photos of himself doing stuff" vibe.

Leather jacket pic: Why does it have to be inside? If you have a tripod for your phone, go out and try to get one in an urban environment. You have a pretty smile, but the fact that it looks like it's taken in a tiny 20m2 apartment with bad lighting drags it down.

Guitar pic: Feels too up close, seeing how your left arm is cropped out of the pic.

Reading pic: I like this one the most, but again it feels too close. Also, what's with the blurred edges at the top and bottom? Looks like a cheap "depth of field" or old instagram filter

Go-cart pic: could be any photo off google.

Group photo: low quality, angle is bad, lighting is bad and you don't look like you're enjoying yourself.

I get that "buy a DSLR and git good with shooting photos" is a cheap answer to your photo challenges, and also the most expensive and time consuming way to go.

If that's not an option at the time being, I'd suggest you at least get a tripod for your phone so that you can play around with taking pics of yourself with the phone further away.

Or you could get a cheapo DSLR + tripod and experiment with that (bonus tip: join a photo club, befriend someone there and get them to take pics of you).
My progress log

Current main goal: Move to a bigger city
Jobs applied for in total: 5
09/22/22: Job landed
maestro

Tue May 31, 2022 3:26 pm

Thanks for your specific suggestions to every picture, @Hard2Focus . Very helpful!

Since you mentioned "photos being too close": How would you define whether a pic is too close or not? for example the guitar picture, why does is matter wheter the left arm is fully on it or not? Or the reading picture, the focus is on the profile of my face and the book. widening the perspective does not seem to bring any benefits here, or does it?

Thanks
Hard2Focus
Name: Thomas
Goal: Move to a bigger city
Motto: Hard work always pays off

Tue May 31, 2022 7:13 pm

maestro wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 3:26 pm
Thanks for your specific suggestions to every picture, @Hard2Focus . Very helpful!

Since you mentioned "photos being too close": How would you define whether a pic is too close or not? for example the guitar picture, why does is matter wheter the left arm is fully on it or not? Or the reading picture, the focus is on the profile of my face and the book. widening the perspective does not seem to bring any benefits here, or does it?

Thanks
I'll try and explain this as best as I can. FWIW I've been interested in photography since I was about 17 years old, so a lot of my knowledge around composing photos isn't very formalized in my mind - it's more of a second nature if anything.

Imagine you're sitting opposite of a stranger reading a book, looking at them. If you were sitting as close as you've placed your camera, it would feel too close for comfort.

It's normal to leave a bit of space in the same direction that the subject is looking, so that we get a sense of where they are looking. The black bars and the blur at the top and bottom of your photo adds to the whole "closed in" feeling, together with the fact that parts of the book is cropped out.

Also, it's easy to tell you're not looking at the book itself, making the photo feel even more staged.

Some good examples of quality "guy reading" photos.

Note how much more space there is around each of the subjects, compared to yours. And even with added space, the focus is still on the guy.

Obviously these photos were shot with a decent DSLR, professionally edited + the guys also look good and have decent outfits on them.

Hope I'm making sense here
My progress log

Current main goal: Move to a bigger city
Jobs applied for in total: 5
09/22/22: Job landed
maestro

Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:15 am

damn, high quality advice @Hard2Focus ! Thank you very much. Helps a lot

Ok I get what you are saying. Now, I actually cropped those pics intentionally the way they are. Why? Bc up to your post I only heard advice a la "crop pics close around you", "dont leave a lot of space", "crop one inch above your head". Thatswhy that thight cropping. But your post actually makes a lot of sense.
I as a layman think, maybe those thight crops make more sense on stuff "posed" pictures, like portraits or so. But on activity pics (like the reading and guitar picture) maybe a little less thight? Dunno, just thoughts

Now more and more i understand what specificaly makes a good picture, yeaah
maestro

Fri Jun 03, 2022 6:40 pm

Alright. Little changes. Plan on adding a Gym picture (deadlifts) in 2 weeks. For now the current one is this.
The one with the cap is the Main nie.
Of the two suit Photos, do you think there is a better one or doesnt matter?
Last edited by maestro on Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.