Calis, Style recommendations

Calis
Name: Axel
Goal: Lose fat, gain muscle

Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:32 pm

Hi everyone !

I have a hard time finding my style. I went to see a style advisor who made me try on some outfits. I'm quite drawn to anything that has military influence. But I'm not sure it could be nice on me.
I want to look better than now, for online dating photo and in general. What do you think of this ? Would you have any advice please ?

The last photo is what I look like everyday. I feel like I look like a nice teddy bear.

The other photos are outfits I test last friday.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Sun Oct 25, 2020 8:39 pm

The sweater ones won't work on you until you get leaner. The first two are not bad. Quite elegant. Definetely not edgy tho.
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Dude you need to dial in the fit

Not the worst choices(cept the sweaters) but literally everything looks the wrong size
Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Sun Oct 25, 2020 9:43 pm

To be honest there is literally no point in buying these clothes right now, unless you are gonna stay this size. Which you cannot if you are serious on dating.
Calis

Mon Oct 26, 2020 6:47 pm

Thank you very much for your opinion. The sizes are not adjusted. The advisor did not pay too much attention to the size. The goal was to see the style. But that said, I thought the size was right (except pants length). Do you think the size is too big?

I'm not going to buy clothes now, I still have a lot of fat to lose indeed. But I'm looking for a style now in order to no wasting time thinking when I will be lean.

So lesson number one, avoid big sweaters.
nipple-flip
Name: Chris
Goal: self-actualize
Motto: do your best every day

Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:17 pm

The main problem is it can be hard to judge style accurately and fairly if nothing fits you in a flattering way. The "best styles" when you're carrying a lot of fat tend to be the ones that make it look like you're not carrying as much fat. The style that helped you by hiding a flaw likely won't be the best style once you don't have to hide it anymore.

My guess is until you drop some weight you'll want to use lots of layers with open jackets, like in the first two pictures. After that you'll have more freedom to pick styles that bring out a sharp edge and accentuate your personality.

Start losing weight today. I started quite a bit fatter than you and while I'm honestly still feeling like a "before" picture in my current state, it's night and day in clothes. Not having to hide your stomach, being able to wear things that fit you snugly, it's unreal for your confidence. Your approach to it won't be optimal right away, but it doesn't need to be.
29M

regular processes
- track sleep, calories, and protein
- lift weights
- solve medium/hard leetcode problems
- journal

less-regular processes
- complete two "grokking" courses
- read and take notes on DDIA

outcomes
- qualify for USAPL open nationals at 75kg (current bodyweight 151, S/B/D: 353/203/462)
TimmyTurner
Name: Timmy
Goal: Lay Pipe & Make Mulla

Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:09 pm

Might be an idea to start looking around Instagram, Pinterest etc for style ideas and try emulate them. When you say military style what do you mean (tac jacket, combat, boots)?

Also have a quick skim of this as food for thought - https://whiteknightrises.com/mens-style ... at_to_Wear
365 Project
  • 1 post a day to my log: 0/365

2022 Goals

Dating/Social
  • AA program (31st December)
  • 10 lays w/ all new girls (31st December) (5/10)

Financial/Work
  • Earn £500 p/m outside 9-5 (31st March)
  • Earn £500 p/m online (31st December)

Fitness/Looks
  • Bulk to 76kg w/ 2 mini-cuts (31st December)
  • 2 new tattoos (31st December)
  • Build a minimalist, fuck boy wardrobe (31st December)
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Mon Oct 26, 2020 10:15 pm

@TimmyTurner Ah dude, you got me hyped that WhiteKnightRises had started posting again
Calis

Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:52 am

Thank for the advices.

@nipple-flip I already lost 10kg (22lbs) since july and I can see the difference. In fact, all my clothes are now too large. I think I will wait even longer before buying new clothes. We will soon have a covid lock down soon, so no need of perfect clothes now. I am very motivated to continue losing fat during that lock down to have a better me at the end.

@TimmyTurner Nice guide, thanks !
nipple-flip
Name: Chris
Goal: self-actualize
Motto: do your best every day

Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:55 pm

Calis wrote:
Tue Oct 27, 2020 9:52 am
I already lost 10kg (22lbs) since july and I can see the difference. In fact, all my clothes are now too large. I think I will wait even longer before buying new clothes. We will soon have a covid lock down soon, so no need of perfect clothes now. I am very motivated to continue losing fat during that lock down to have a better me at the end.
Fuck yeah, dude! I like your plan.
29M

regular processes
- track sleep, calories, and protein
- lift weights
- solve medium/hard leetcode problems
- journal

less-regular processes
- complete two "grokking" courses
- read and take notes on DDIA

outcomes
- qualify for USAPL open nationals at 75kg (current bodyweight 151, S/B/D: 353/203/462)
grodmeister general
Name: grod
Goal: Proficiency at online

Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:59 am

when your a little bit chubby as you are throw on a suit jacket !