Ed’s 365 Gym Project - Back on track!

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Ed_
Goal: Get Laid

Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:21 pm

My 365 day project: I will work towards my ideal body everyday for 365 days

Why I’m committing to this:

#1 reason of this goal (and ultimately the only reason, 10x more important than any other reason): I want to have multiple, hot fuck buddies. I want these women to be young (18 to 21 years old), I want them to be very attractive, I want to have sex with them quickly (first date ideally), I want to be non-committed to them, and I want to have sex with them on an ongoing basis (not just one-night stands -- they want to keep coming back to me).

In order to achieve my ultimate goal, it’s basically a requirement for me to have a significantly "above average" physique -- solid muscle mass and low body fat. Even if I get my style, dating photos, approach anxiety, and social skills perfectly in order, I’m still going to struggle with achieving my ultimate goals if I’m not in really good shape.

I've been going to the gym on-and-off since 2011 and basically haven't had any noticeable improvement. There have been a few months at a time when I made some gains, but either I didn’t stick to my diet or I didn’t stick to my programming, and my results were unsatisfactory.

For every day during the next 365 days, idealing I will complete all of these tasks:
  • Go to the gym (except on rest days)
  • At the gym, do my full workout 100% (no half-assing, skipping sets, etc.)
  • Eat my caloric and macro requirements
  • Meal prep (on days required)
  • Take my vitamins and supplements
  • Get enough sleep
  • Record my weight
If work or something else significant gets in the way, I won’t beat myself up for missing a few tasks once in a while, but I’m really focusing on planning ahead and avoiding excuses for not accomplishing all of these every day.

I’m tracking my tasks daily using the app HabitBull . I’ll be posting updates on my weight, progress photos, and other details in this thread.

Attached are my starting photos. 133 lbs, 5'6".
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Ed_ on Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:14 am, edited 4 times in total.
Current Goals:
✅ Lose virginity
✅ Have sex with the same girl a second time
✅ Overcome AA
✅ Get to 135 lbs with 10% bodyfat
✅ Have ongoing sex (fuck buddy) with a really hot girl
⚪ Find a hot girl and focus on having really high quality sex
⚪ Have a relaxed, carefree, youthful, open minded, ongoing relationship with a hot girl
⚪ Get to 140 lbs with 10% bodyfat

📸 Avatar credit to Bman

My log and Tinder photos thread
Radical
Name: Cam
Goal: Funnel/Product Building
Motto: Take drastic action

Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:48 pm

What are your actual training goals?

You got a particular weight you wanna hit or numbers you want to get up to strength wise in the gym?
Ed_

Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:08 am

I don't have any interest in powerlifting or achieving certain lifting goals, so I don't have any specific strength goals.

My goals are entirely physique/aesthetics. I'm not sure how to specifically describe them. Since I'm 5'6" tall, I think I'd need to about 135 - 140 lbs and 10% bodyfat to achieve the look I'm going for. I looked on reddit and found some dudes about my height with the body I'm looking for.

I'm not expecting to achieve this in just one year -- my 365 goal is only to stick to my gym and diet program. The results will take as long as they take.

"Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years"

"Everyone lives life at their own pace"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Goals:
✅ Lose virginity
✅ Overcome AA
⚪ Have a relaxed, carefree, youthful, open minded, ongoing relationship with a hot girl

📸 Avatar credit to Bman

nipple-flip
Name: Chris
Goal: self-actualize
Motto: do your best every day

Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:34 am

hey dude,

love what you're doing here. this shit resonates with me, since my current physique and stats are not that far off from yours. I actually saved pictures of the guy in your 2nd pic off reddit as well. small world!

even if you're not interested right now, I would recommend you still set some intermediate goals. they are likely to help you maintain the intensity needed to succeed in changing your physique.
29M

regular processes
- track sleep, calories, and protein
- lift weights
- solve medium/hard leetcode problems
- journal

less-regular processes
- complete two "grokking" courses
- read and take notes on DDIA

outcomes
- qualify for USAPL open nationals at 75kg (current bodyweight 151, S/B/D: 353/203/462)
Ed_

Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:58 pm

I'm off to a good start. Seven days (October 26 to November 1) with hitting pretty much all of my planned tasks.

I'm tracking a few extra daily habits in this app, but the ones that really matter for this 365 project are in red.
Current Goals:
✅ Lose virginity
✅ Overcome AA

📸 Avatar credit to Bman

Ed_

Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:49 pm

Here's the workout program I've been doing for the past 5 weeks:

A Day
  • Trap bar deadlift
  • Hack squat
  • Pull up
  • Bicep curls
  • Leg raise (abs)
B Day
  • Incline bench press
  • Seated rows
  • Overhead press
  • Triceps push-down
  • Lateral raise
  • Russian twist (abs)
I workout every other day, so A and B days repeat every 4th calendar day.

I've been working with a trainer at the gym, but it seems like he's constantly pushing me to add lifts, swap exercise, and make it more complicated. I have to keep reminding him I want a simple program and to focus on consistency and doing a few exercises with correct form.

Is this common for paid trainers? This has been my exact experience with 4 previous trainers -- changing up the program every month or so. I've never done the same program for more than 6 weeks tops, in my 10 years of lifting. How long do you guys stick with the same program before making changes?
Current Goals:
✅ Lose virginity
✅ Overcome AA

📸 Avatar credit to Bman

jackBruh
Name: Jack
Goal: Slay demons

Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:32 pm

Yeah the trainer is probably just trying to make you think you need to constantly change things so you keep paying him. The program looks good. What I think you should do is switch the hex bar deadlift, hacksquat to normal deadlift and squat. Get your trainer to make sure you're getting the form right, then once you get the form right start doing it on your own.
Goals
- Get better photos (✔, formal, group)
- Get a tattoo (✔)
- Get back to the gym (aiming for 80kg 10%) (1/2/3/4 plates ✔/✔/✔/80%)
- Work on location independant income so I can move countries (said fuck it and moved countries before the income)
MILFandCookies
Name: Joe
Goal: $10k+/month
Motto: Unchain your Passion & Live Life on Your Own Terms

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:43 am

Ed_ wrote:
Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:08 am
I don't have any interest in powerlifting or achieving certain lifting goals, so I don't have any specific strength goals.

My goals are entirely physique/aesthetics. I'm not sure how to specifically describe them. Since I'm 5'6" tall, I think I'd need to about 135 - 140 lbs and 10% bodyfat to achieve the look I'm going for. I looked on reddit and found some dudes about my height with the body I'm looking for.

I'm not expecting to achieve this in just one year -- my 365 goal is only to stick to my gym and diet program. The results will take as long as they take.

"Most people overestimate what they can do in one year and underestimate what they can do in ten years"

"Everyone lives life at their own pace"
Fukkin dude - first of all solid motivation. I love seeing you take action like this.

Second - thx for the inspiration photos... I'mma steal the first two to motivate myself.
I've helped > 100 guys get laid on dating apps.
📸🔥 Dating App Photographer - I'll get you laid, click here: https://www.DatingUnchained.com/ 🔥📸

P.S. I don't like MILFs, just the name ;)

Goal 1:
• Build + maintain $10k+ profit/month

Goal 2:
• Cut some fat to get abs again
RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:48 am

The trainer I had a year ago swapped my program after 12 weeks - and I fucking hated the change.

The trainer I have now changes my programs every 10 weeks. Absolutely loved the first program, hated the second. The current one seems like it'd be pretty solid but I stopped following it several weeks ago.

While I definitely prefer consistency, I now realize WHY they're changing the programs all the time. Checkout Westside Barbell podcast.

And on that note, even if you're going 100% physique, I'd expect it'd be more fun + motivating if you're training every workout rather than just trying to survive a workout. I definitely feel accomplished knowing that I hit a new PR, every workout. Of course they're not usually 1RM. There are many ways to PR: daily weight lifted, new max reps at given weight for given exercise, new max 5x5 etc.
Ed_

Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:45 am

I broke down and cried in my car as soon as I left the gym today.

My ankle was hurting after only the first five sets on the leg press, I was getting cramps and light headed after my second set of pullups, and my neck was stiff and hurting. I stopped my workout only half way into my second exercise.

Here's what I wrote my trainer while in my car:
I'm really struggling with working out the past few weeks.

I feel like I’m running in circles. I keep getting injured. It’s really frustrating. It doesn't feel fair -- what’s wrong with me? What do other people not have to suffer like this? This is the same pattern I've had every time I've been lifting in the past 10 years.

I can't even do two exercises without feeling light headed and cramping (that's what happened to me today in the middle of pullups). My ankle was also bothering me after doing only five sets of leg press. I'm also feeling a ton of tightness and pain in my neck.

I don’t want to keep being injured, it feels like shit. I don't want to quit, but I can't keep going on like this. I can’t keep getting injured, this can’t be what it feels like every week.

I'm not sure the solution. I think we need to make injury prevention the number one goal -- regardless of my what gains in making. Maybe simplify the workouts more to get to a point where I'm lifting heavy and consistently avoiding injury. Maybe I need to see a physical therapist, chiropractor, sports massage, etc to help with my issues.
Current Goals:
✅ Lose virginity
✅ Overcome AA

📸 Avatar credit to Bman

RogerRoger
Goal: $$$$$
Motto: Keep Moving Forward

Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:53 pm

My ankle was hurting after only the first five sets on the leg press,

How many sets are in your program???

Injuries are the worst dude. And pain is a GOOD reason to stop a workout. The whole "no pain no gain" thing is bullshit. Something closer would be "no exertion no gain."

I obviously don't know the solution for you and seeing a physical therapist might be the best thing. I've had various gym injuries and they have all fallen into two categories

1) ergonomics (shitty elbows / shoulders if I'm working all day at a non-ideal set up)
2) overtraining with bad form (a while ago my trainer had me go for 100 thrusters even though I don't have the mobility to rest the bar on the anterior deltoids; that was the stupidest thing. It was only 45 lbs too).

I'm still trying to get my squat pain-free. Probably will have to find a strength coach if I don't figure it out with my trainer today. How many personal trainers have you seen / how long have you seen this one?
Ed_

Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:40 pm

For most of my lifts, I'm doing a warmup set and 4 working sets (8 - 14 reps each). For accessories at the end, I'll only do 3 working sets.

After talking with my trainer, he's going to have me focus on doing much lower weight and shooting for sets of 20 reps. Focusing on doing every rep 100% correct form -- I'm not sure how this is going to work when I'm on m own, since I obviously don't know what the correct form is.

This is the 4th personal trainer I've worked with in the past 6 years. I've been working with him for 6 weeks now.

All the previous trainers have had pretty much the same issues. I did find a Starting Strength only gym near me, that specializes in only the basic barbell exercises. I guess this is my fallback if things don't work with this trainer. These barbell lifts are my lest favorite exercises and I don't like the squat/deadlift focus of the SS program. But if it's the only way I can work out consistently without getting injured, then I guess I have to go with it.
Current Goals:
✅ Lose virginity
✅ Overcome AA

📸 Avatar credit to Bman

benstrong26
Name: Ben
Goal: Get to 15% Body Fat

Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:08 am

@Ed_ why don’t you like the squat/deadlift focus of starting strength?
Ed_

Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:19 pm

benstrong26 wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 3:08 am
@Ed_ why don’t you like the squat/deadlift focus of starting strength?
  • I don't like the focus on powerlifting and maximizing weight lifting over aesthetic goals. Like I said earlier in my log, my only goals with working out are aesthetic -- so I'd constantly be bumping heads with the Starting Strength idology and unmotivated by their "lifting more weight" goals.
  • I've found squatting and deadlifting very technical movements with lots of details that all have to be perfectly aligned in order to be successful. I'd prefer more simple movements and using machines more. If I'm having all these issues with leg press and pullups, then heavy back-squat is going to be even more of a problem.
  • The textbook Starting Strength program is very leg intensive and light on upper body work (weekly volume: legs=70, shoulders=22, chest=22, upper back=22). Again, this doesn't align with my goals.
Current Goals:
✅ Lose virginity
✅ Overcome AA

📸 Avatar credit to Bman

Lostcause
Goal: New toys

Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:47 pm

If gym is injury-inducing to you, why dont you try calisthenics and bodyweight exercise instead?
It may be less effective for building massive amounts of muscle (not sure what are your endgoals), but neither is getting injured. And it is very unlikely getting injured with bodyweight.

Not a gym expert at gym myself, but maybe its something worth thinking about.