I had COVID, and still feeling it.

king87
Goal: Relationship

Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:44 pm

Bro, 6 days after diagnosed with covid you went to gym?

No wonder, why virus is spreading so bad in US
Aloofus
Name: Justin
Goal: Help men
Motto: Acta Non Verba

Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:16 pm

DNPTHC wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:29 pm
Aloofus wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:49 pm
@DNPTHC Are you actually a DNP? If so awesome!

One of the guys Joe Rogan just had on has been really delving into breathing, how a LOT of people do it wrong (mouth breathing), and how a lot of our chronic conditions are actually corrected by breathing correctly. He has a book out I think I'm going to check out.

Seems to at least be pretty plausible, I've had good luck in the field with anxious patients making them do prolonged exhalation.
@Aloofus I’m on my way to becoming a CRNA. 3 more long years.... haha.

I would argue that literally everyone needs a Cpap at night. So many people have sleep apnea without ever being treated. Even otherwise health individuals.

Judging from the photo you’re a paramedic? If so that’s awesome, I’m also the most worried for you guys.

You have no idea wether the patient has covid or not and working with trauma patients out in the field is always a nightmare in my experience.

Moral of the story. you all are way underpaid for what you do.
It'll go by quicker than you think, then you'll be making bank! If I had to do it all over again I'd have done nursing school. One of my FWBs just took a travel gig to the virgin islands, and she's going to be making like 8k/mo with no expenses.

Here's the book I was talking about:

The dude was just on JRE, I thought it was pretty interesting. He actually does a bit about sleep apnea in there too. It's worth listening to, if you're into podcasts. He's on for about 2 hours

I actually work exclusively with babies/peds (I'm on a dedicated truck for a transition to home facility). So I'm in about as low risk environment as I can be. Also have plenty of N95s, and my own p100.

I appreciate the concern! I always look out for me first (and not feeling guilty about that was one of the huge turning points in my self improvement journey).