pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:26 pm

MakingAComeback wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 3:08 pm
MAC LooksMaxxing - Surgery Exploration

Tagging @Zug who wanted to know what procedures I am considering, and why
Context to above:

MAC is now back at his parents house where he cannot consistently game. This leads his mind, as a form of escapism, to invest fantasies for how to ascend, which include claiming that he has "thoroughly tested" his product (narrator: he hasn't). Having worked with him for some time, this is a normal observable part of his mental health cycle, and I would advise no one engage further with this until his brain is feeling better.
Yggdrasil13
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Do or Die

Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:07 pm

MakingAComeback wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:12 am
(2) Buccal Fat Removal:
I looked into Buccal Fat Removal. One big concern I had was the possibility of prematurely aging myself. Your cheeks naturally lose fat as they age. Buccal fat removal that looks good now, might make you look old and gaunt 5 years from now. Or it might not, that’s one of the risks. And there’s no way to reverse the procedure. Another concern is the possibility of facial nerve damage, which is really rare but could completely ruin your life and make you unable to smile. Something to be aware of, although again it is unlikely.

Most plastic surgeons are not going to give you an objective look at all the downsides. At best, they are biased. When you have a hammer, everything starts to look like a nail, or whatever the saying is. Make sure you seek out the other point of view and are completely aware of the risks before going under the knife. Some people regret it.

https://www.realself.com/review/buccal- ... ng-results

Here a plastic surgeon explains why he stopped doing the procedure. It’s just one perspective of course, but it should be mandatory viewing before electing to undergo the procedure.

kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:14 pm

Mac was talking about surgery when he was getting laid every 3 days in Budapest.

He did 5k approaches when he admittedly looked very far below average and still pulled through.

There’s nothing wrong with surgery to optimize smv, it’s almost becoming a normie thing. If the surgery doesn’t give the sought after results, I’m sure he’ll find another way to keep going. If it does however add even the slightest point of smv, it’s worth it.

I understand everyone’s paranoia about plastic surgery and some blackpill beliefs but in the end he clearly wants it and has the money do to do. It’s his money, therefore only his own opinion counts.
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:43 pm

I don't have skin in the game regarding surgery options being good or bad. I am curious on the risks though. Even if you axiomatically accept that the good outcomes are really good, what are the chances for great, good, mediocre, bad, and devastating outcomes?

Take breast enlargement or BBL. The specific skill of the surgeon, the point in history you got the procedure, your genetic makeup, your age, all of these are/were huge factors in determining if its worth it. People do die from cosmetic procedures irregularly, and its quite common for people to get procedures that cause a net negative, even large net negative with very very few repercussions.

There are multiple posts online from women paying thousands for procedures that left them off MUCH worse and having virtually no options to fix the problem or get justice in anyway.

Not saying this to scare anyone off, but the specific matter a huge huge deal. Its not a binary decision either, some stuff in the realm of "Almost always great and almost always works" and other things are "Rarely works, but can and provides medium benefit" and further "works half the time, 6 month recovery minimum, low benefit", etc.

I considered some loose skin removal after the weight loss. Its not that bad when I'm vertical, but if I bend over horizontally its fairly gross. However, after really looking at multiple outcomes, it seemed pretty clear to me the huge recovery time and cost are signfiicant. More importantly though, the scarring was actually worse and more grotesque than the skin, so there' wasn't enough benefit. If there were even more skin, then I'd lean towards doing it.

tldr- these are multifactorial choices, don't accept simple responses and analysis from people for complex problems.
klondike
Goal: Drop to 205lbs

Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:36 am

Unless you have a visible four-pack, you don't know what your bone structure looks like because it's still sheathed in lard. So I think these plans are premature until you really get down and see what you're working with.

Besides that, you're overestimating the levels of improvement the interventions listed will offer.

-Rhinoplasty will be a bit of improvement. It's often coupled with a chin implant to further give the illusion of a smaller nose. This is the surgery Persian girls and guys get around sophomore year.

-Buccal fat reduction is to be avoided at all costs. You have deficient orbitals (like me); without that supporting tissue in the cheeks, your skin will drag down. Furthermore, if you get uneven levels of extraction or swelling, you'll have to deal with having a face that's now lopsided due to asymmetry.

-Buccal fat reduction also cancels out the one benefit of being brown cucked: if we keep our hair and don't get fat, use tret, and get a couple procedures if needed, we age beautifully. If you take care of yourself just right you're going to be 55 and looking 35.

-Tattoos don't automatically improve SMV; bad tattoos tank SMV harshly. It's important to have some kind of aesthetic sense or taste before you choose.

-If you really want drastic improvements in SMV through intervention, it's all about jaw surgery in the lower region and lower bleph / build-up of the orbital area.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:15 am

Hmm. Good posts gents.

Alright. Will shelve further thought on this.

I actually want tattoos, though. I think they're cool.

The rest, I do accept, I will have to consider when I am 12% BF.

My body recomp coach, is really good. I am a hard worker, as you know, and we will get there. it is a process - he wants me to get a hell of a lot stronger before we shed down. I expect it will be 6-9 months before any cutting takes place.

Considering the posts above, I can put this out of my head for this duration. Furthermore, my facial structure, isn't bad when I am lean. Here is a picture of me at 21, when I was in the rave scene, and developing mental illness through a lifestyle of drugs, super late nights several times a week, and dealing with my anxiety around women:
youngravi.jpg
I was very skinny and lean. But, I looked fairly decent. Bad style, but this was a popular and well liked guy, who most people on campus saw as a cool dude, I was at all the parties and what not. The substance use, really destroyed me, and sped up the development of my underlying anxiety, until these got out of control.....

Right now, I am 20% bf. We can't judge my overall potential for facial attractiveness just yet, but we can be honest about my looks being not very good right now. We are mature men; this is OK. I am humble and open to feedback, and I am working on it.

I will shelve the discussion of surgery for my case, but I will press on with tattooing research.

I will share updates here when I have more detailed plans.

Thanks,
-Ravi
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:44 pm

klondike wrote:
Tattoos don't automatically improve SMV; bad tattoos tank SMV harshly. It's important to have some kind of aesthetic sense or taste before you choose.
Agreed. IMO, tattoos don't directly increase SMV, they increase your perceived dominance and masculinity. That increases your SMV if you don't already have it, but does nothing or starts backfiring when overdone. Someone like The Rock did not increase his SMV via getting tattoos.
Bman
Name: Brandon
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Pursue Purpose

Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:05 pm

Zug wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 7:44 pm
klondike wrote:
Tattoos don't automatically improve SMV; bad tattoos tank SMV harshly. It's important to have some kind of aesthetic sense or taste before you choose.
Agreed. IMO, tattoos don't directly increase SMV, they increase your perceived dominance and masculinity. That increases your SMV if you don't already have it, but does nothing or starts backfiring when overdone. Someone like The Rock did not increase his SMV via getting tattoos.
Depends on your archetype and the girls that archetype attracts. I have tattoos (11 of them) and will be getting many more tattoos. Its about adding edge to your look, which will increase your SMV for certain girls. It also polarizes and naturally screens girls. I wouldn't want a girl who thinks less of those with tattoos anyways.

Arm sleaves will give the greatest lift, followed by legs, and if you have a good body, chest and back. Stay away from hands, neck, or face tattoos as those will universally lower SMV (with few exceptions).

They can also cover scars from surgeries or accidents. And if you don't want to get abs, you can cover a slightly high BF stomach with aesthetic tattoos and gain SMV there.

But never, ever, ever, just get tattoos for looks sakes to purely raise SMV. You get the most bang for your efforts by having them reflect your personality. You can become a walking billboard of what's happening insider your head. This makes you intriguing or mysterious.

You can take this further by breaking peoples mental models and being Mr. juxtaposition - having a lot of tattoos and dressing in suits and being a gentleman. I do this sometimes. Any time I wear a nice button up to a semi formal event, I always roll up my sleeves. Yes I kind of look like I don't exactly belong there. That's the point. I stand out and I am confident enough to own it.

Besides, you look cooler naked. And girls love tracing them with their fingers... or tongue.
Public Log: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1397
Year 1: viewtopic.php?p=49033#p49033
Year 2: viewtopic.php?p=66924#p66924

"Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee
Vamos
Goal: Being (more) happy

Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:19 pm

A lot has been written here about tattoos. As far as the external effect on women is concerned, as with so many things in life, it depends.

I've often thought about tattoos myself, nothing large, rather small motifs here and there. But I'm always worried about whether it might restrict me in my career at some point, but maybe I'll rethink it like so many things. How do you see it? No face, neck or hand tattoos, of course, smaller stuff. People judge you, it is what it is.
IMG_3629.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Started a log, feel free to check in: viewtopic.php?p=58691#p58691