Hydro's Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Hydro
Name: Flozo
Goal: Make a Meal Plan
Motto: We suffer more in imagination than in reality.

Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:23 am

LMAOOOOO, don't call me out on that.

I remember I asked Andy on the Zelda livestream that he had about maladaptive daydreaming, the link starts at the timestamp: https://www.youtube.com/live/elD_-s74vx ... eyQ&t=6427

There is a guide on maladaptive daydreaming that I have bookmarked, and it's popular on the subreddit I posted in this comment: https://maladaptivedaydreamingguide.wor ... com/guide/

The goal for today

1. Go to the gym and squat 235 lbs for 3 sets of 5 and deadlift 285 lbs on trap bar for 1 set of 5
Close out 20 tabs (15 more to go)
Finish the meal prep (at least the rice and beans part)
read the maladaptive day dream guide, part 1.
Momentum, Action. That's my problem, That's my solution.
Hydro

Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:55 am

8/21
Man here I am doing my meal prep and I was listening to this video on the background:
I like Pete, enjoy his content as I believe he is actually trying to help guys since the only goal of his channel (or his main goal) is to stop guys from self deleting. He reminds me of a more manosphere version of Andy.

I went to the gym and did my 3 sets of 235 for 5 reps on squats, and 1 set of 285 lbs on trap bar deadlift. Note, when I do 2 sets of abs my lower back feels noticeably to significantly better than not doing ab work directly after squats and deads.

I went to the store and bought some chicken, strawberries and 1 piece of cake (not the whole thing). I'm starting to think that instead of getting dominoes, I can just make small pizzas on pita bread, naan bread or just on plain old white bread and add pasta sauce + cheese + chicken / pepperoni. That way I can just make my own food and not feel as guilty. Also there will be less calories since I can eat 800-1200 worth of calories and other food I prepared healthily, instead of getting a 2500 calorie pizza.

I got to close out 20 tabs, having a sense of urgency like an alarm really helps. I use the app forfeit, so I pledge a certain amount of money and if i don't complete x task by y time on z certain day, I lose how much ever money I pledge, and in this case I pledged $20. I plan on running another round, that way I can continue closing out tabs. Some tabs I didn't even watch or read the whole way, since they seemed small compared to what I believed them to be. I do believe I Seek knowledge more than the average person, the great thing is that I can learn more things, the bad thing is I take less action, So going to run another round on forfeit to close another 20 tabs.

Another video (~3 mins) talks about all the things you've put off for a while. And this piles up soo much, so the best thing for me to do is to complete crossing out these tabs, that way I can now focus on the 'real world'. I need to get out ALL this crap outta the way (just like the guy in the video says) so then I can focus on the big picture. Can I technically just close out all tabs? Yes. But there are good info on the tabs that I have (love OneTab, hate OneTab extension browser). I just want to x out all these tabs once I got their info, and then I know I can really get into taking more action.

Video:

I finished cooking my rice and beans. Will finish marinating and cooking chicken tomorrow.

Didnt get to reading part 1 of the Maladaptive Daydreaming guide, but will get to it tomorrow, i promise lol. I'm taking good action by working out, meal prepping, closing out junk on my pc, Just like I have physical obesity, having all these tabs open sound like I have "intellectual obesity" instead of "intellectual fitness / strength / hypertrophy".

Get it boyo
Hydro

Wed Aug 23, 2023 11:39 am

08/22

Yesterday when I went to the gym and did my deadlifts, I actually was 10lbs lower. But that was by mistake. On the 23rd, I will deadlift 295 for 1 set of 5 as a reminder.

Went to the gym today, did my overhead press of 120 lbs for 3 sets of 5. Did my tricep extensions, pushdowns and bicep curls. Definitely felt a great pump. Oh and before the arm work and after overhead press, I did arnold press, 30 lbs for 2 sets of 10. Definitely feel and am stronger than previous arnold presses, a week ago I believe.

I closed out 15 tabs which I am happy about. The internet went out sometime around 2 am, but I got the 15 tabs closed and am keeping myself accountable by the app forfeit. Happy for me.

Going to start marinating chicken and then I will cook them. Then I will have my meals prepared from today (tuesday not wednesday) to Sunday.

Haven't really ate anything today, other than cucumbers, strawberries and a couple protein bars with a good amount of fiber. So yeah, gotta marinate the chicken, hungry af.

Get it!
Hydro

Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:47 am

08/23

So woke up late again, at around 4pm but ya boy hit the gym. I actually met with one of the guys that I would talk to in between sets and that was nice. I need to start preparing to come 5-10 mins earlier to the gym though since I BARELY got my workout done at the end. I did 240 lbs for 3 sets of 5 on squats, and 295 lbs for 1 set of 5 on trap bar deadlift. The squats felt brutal and I was sweating like a bitch but got the work done.

I was cleaning out some tabs on my pc and I had a particular tab opened for a while (years). I remember I had made an entry about this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=uwlP748sKYk back in like Oct 2021. Damn, almost 2 years and I still haven't lose this weight, but I'm happy that I'm taking daily, consistent action. Here's the post where I talked about it: viewtopic.php?p=22999#p22999

Finished my meal prep here:
IMG_1813.JPEG
I also crossed off 20 tabs on the pc. So I still have more to go and I probably will tally up all the tabs that I've closed on an estimate. Yeah... i'm an information seeker first and an action taker second. This needs to be reversed. This reddit post talks about it:
Ready Aim Fire is what I and most people think, what the correct answer is, Ready Fire Aim.
The sequence is NOT motivation -> action -> results, the CORRECT sequence is action -> results -> motivation
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hydro

Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:51 pm

Here's me doing my second set of squats, 240 lbs.
Hydro

Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:16 pm

On YouTube there is a watched later playlist that I had. I had over 400+ videos in that watched playlist, now I nailed it down to just 18. Wanted to do that since I'm getting a lot of momentum of closing out tabs from my pc.

Imagine having this momentum for gym, meal prepping and starting to cold approach.

I am meal prepping, I am gymming, not cold approaching, but I do believe this is losing some weight off my shoulders, or mind. Thankfully, I have some google extensions that I'm browsing on keeping a certain amount of tabs. There's one with three tabs, and others that are customizable. Nobody should have this many tabs on their pc, and if you have a phone and are an information collector, there's an app called Firefox Focus where you can ONLY have one tab at a time. So yes, I will be closing down more tabs today!
Hydro

Sun Aug 27, 2023 8:34 am

Saturday nights....

researching lifting stuff....
Hydro

Tue Aug 29, 2023 5:05 am

Interesting, I was on the healthygamergg subreddit and found this post of a young man in an unfortunate circumstance. He's in Ukraine, born and raised I believe and he's talking about how he should be having the time of his life as a young 21 year old man. Damn, I can't imagine the situation that he's in right now, fuck.

As I was scrolling down the comments, like always, the top comment stood out to me:

I've been thinking about this for over a year, and this is another vote to actually do it. Maybe.

Hope that young man lives, and has a healthy and life worth living.
Hydro

Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:28 pm

I basically have been 'slacking' the past few days, but I think I currently am in a slump at the moment. Essentially, all is well but I haven't trained the past 3 sessions that I should have went. My parents called me on thursday (first day of this posts log) and said that they were going to come over on friday instead of sunday. This due to my dad being busy on sunday and he wants to see his son, nothing wrong with that at all. But my parents met me at the time I was 'supposed' to go to the gym. I could have went earlier but that is on me, no one else.

08/24

KOBE (His jersery numbers are today)

I trained today and benched again with a fellow gym goer, Devon. I asked if I could join him while he was benching and he said no big problem. I spotted him on his working sets and he puts in great effort, shout out to you Devon. He then later finished his sets and I started putting the weights on the barbell and did my workout, as he now was doing incline bb bench. I hit 165 for 3 sets of 5 on bench, happy with that!

Devon and I later talked for a good 10 minutes and he was asking some questions and I of course asking some questions to him as well. He asked if I was Indian and I said yeah, found out that he is half Indian as well (mom's side) but he said that people always tell him that he looks Jewish. He asked that we should exchange numbers this upcoming Monday and I said sure. I do feel great about this, but kinda bad since Sept is probably going to be the last time I have the membership at the YMCA. After this, I'll be going to the UNI gym and train there since it's covered with the tuition expenses. Also, I've just been locked in my apartment all this time and haven't gone to uni so I want to really maxamize using the resources as a college student. So gym, wrestling club soon, and other stuff like rock climbing and other things that I'll be looking up at what else the uni offers.

Also when going for a walk I found this out and about lol, the dating scene is really tough at here for guys:
IMG_1815.JPEG
08/25 Fri: I met my parents today, they were supposed to come at 3 or 4, but didn't come until 8 pm so yeah lol. I did not go to the gym today, but this is all on me, Also this is the first time i didn't get sub of the way at subway, tuna half foot long for $4.94 me.
Searched up the contents for the sub that I get, here it is: https://www.nutritionix.com/m/hGLiW2
I might print this out at the library and tape it to the wall by my bed.

08/26 Saturday: I woke up at like 5pm bruh, and thats when the gym is closed. idk whats wrong with me but I haven't been training when I should be... fuck. I did find out that my program, Starting Strength is available on Boostcamp, an exercise app that has many accredited lifters and coaches (a lot who are guys with a following on YT) that I personally subscribe and follow. So awesome for that.
Instead of getting dominoes today which I usually do, I didn't. I asked my mom to bring pita bread so that I can potentially make small mini pizzas and I did:
IMG_1820.JPEG
No subway on friday, no dominoes on saturday? Maybe I should start just making my own food to eat ontop of my meal prep. also the most conversations on half of the days are the front desk people at the gym and at dominoes lol. They know my first name by know and I know theres. I think I'm going to not go there for a couple of months and just rely on my own small pizzas so I can lose weight and maybe shock them, who knows :o

08/27 Sun: Nothing, I didn't even leave my apartment today. I should have gone out, should have done something but just stayed inside. didn't even meal prep, didn't even grocery shop. nothing, didn't close any tabs. Although I did consume a lot of fitness content and watched a 2 hour debate about whether bodyfat percentage matters for gaining weight with respect to the ratio of muscle and fat mass:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QACnWACSZrs
08/28 Mon: I was supposed to train today, but I woke up at around 7pmish yeah. I did not go lift weights which sucks, I guess lifting isn't that important to me if I'm skipping out the last 3 sessions. Also the end of the month is nearby, and I care about that since every single month the gym has a top 3-4 list of most visited members and since I have skipped out on sessions I'm going to have to do double sessions if i want to get on the list.
My favorite powerlifitng content creator made a great video as I was watching some fitness content:

Essentially he's talking about his main goal is spreading awareness to fitness, not just powerlifting or a specific strength goal. I really like that since I do look up to him, I've been consuming his content for 9+ years, but I'm sure you can tell by now, especially with this post I'm a theory, over analyzer. yeahhhhhh

Something i found today is that circuit training (crossfit style) is better for losing weight than even cardio. I might start doing circuit training as CARDIO and have my squats, bench, deads, ohp as my second session. That way I have a cardio session and strength session so I can of course be stronger and more built, and lose fat mass at an even better weight.

Okay so now what Flozo? What now? Well, I need to train and cut back on the computer stuff. Thankfully I found an easy way of seeing how many tabs I have open on both browsers. I have 104 tabs on one browser and the other that I'm currently on, I have 77. I put a bet on myself with a piece of software (Forfeit) to get to under 65 tabs as that will be 20 tabs closed since I started off with 85 on browser 2. Also I need to meal prep, so I need to go to the grocery store and get some chicken. Been really slacking off lately, but with multiple reports showing that the habit of exercise rebounds your depressive slump BETTER than a standard dosage of Zoloft, I think i'll rebound today (8/29) instead of more days and weeks of just consuming Zoloft.

Get it boyos
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Hydro on Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hydro

Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:37 pm

As I'm closing out some tabs I remembered something.

I was searching stuff up about Basement Dwellers since I currently live in a basement. This video stuck out to me: https://youtu.be/niKIpAY47u0?si=HwwfZbhfe1_G9Gf1
I remembered leaving a comment on there saying thanks:
Screenshot (4).png
I even made a notecard about what I should be doing, so if anyone is a basement dweller and wants a summary of the video (please watch it in full, ramp it up to 1.5-2x speed to complete it in 30-40 mins it is amazing) here is the summary:
IMG_1823.JPEG
Down to 73 tabs now, 8 more to close and of course will want to get more closed.
Hydro

Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:47 am

08/29

Woke up at around 5pm ish. I slept at like 10am ish but as I'm writing this right now, I do feel a bit sleepy. Shout out to melatonin, although it has fucked up my sleep schedule before as well.

I went to the gym, thankfully, and hit 125 lbs overhead press for 3 sets of 5. I then did arnold press 30 lbs for 2 sets of 10. It is better to do shoulder pressing work with dumbbells seated than standing as I've done before. Also I don't retract my scapula as much since then my chest gets involved and if I want to train that I would just do incline db press.
From there I did more accessory work, 80lb extensions for 2 sets of 10, 80 lb pushdowns for 2 sets of 12 supersetted with 15 lb dumbell curls for 2 sets of 12 as well. Will jump up db curls to 20 lbs and pushdowns to 90 lbs next week for 8-12 reps.

Walked, and called my parents after I always do 3 times a week. Went to the grocery store to pick up some chicken, 5lbs and got some brownie for $3 at check out.

Now all I need to do is close out more tabs which I have since I read a post by Andy that I had opened for some time: https://killyourinnerloser.com/the-main ... -red-pill/

Really enjoyed it, tl;dr of the post is take action since 99% of guys on the subreddit are doing too much theory. I agree with any forum page (usually the free ones).

Thanks guys, take care and get it!

Also got to 65 tabs on this browser, lets get it to 40 tabs? Hopefully, get it!
Hydro

Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:09 pm

08/30

Woke up at 8 AM, yes 8 AM. I ate 1, 5g melatonin gummy bear and fell asleep at 5 am, woke up 3 hours later at 8 am.
I read this article by a guy I follow: https://www.modernseduction.net/blog/overanalysis
Basically it's guys who overanalyze info about cold approach stuff. Similar to what article I read last night from Andy's. I highly recommend the theorizers to read that article above.

I went to the gym at 12;30pm ish for 1 mile of walking distance. Remember, showing up is my problem and I'm showing up more often so that's good. While I was doing my walk, I was listening to the newer content from Andy, well this was made by Cam:

Going to the gym again, going to meal prep my food.
Hydro

Thu Aug 31, 2023 5:43 am

I went to the gym the second time in the afternoon again, for another walk on the treadmill. I felt extremely hungry since I haven't ate anything except for a couple pieces of fruit and didn't eat much yesterday as well.

I got my meal prep finished, just need to put it in the meal prep containers, but I wanted to take a nap at 6pm, which I did. I set up an alarm at 7;30pm so thats 90 minutes of sleep, enough for 1 cycle of sleep so I can wake up and that will give me plenty of time to go to the gym. Bruh I slept through my alarm, which makes sense since I only slept for 3 hours and was hungry as hell, my body needed to conserve energy not expand it which is probably why I slept through the sleep.

I woke up at dead 9pm, the same time the gym closes. That's fine with my, just going to have to do double weight training sessions tomorrow to make up for it.

My internet provider has an app on the app store, and I can make a schedule of what times I want the wifi on (per device or in totality). I have it shut off at 11:45 so I got an hour. Going to load up some articles that are on my browser, and then from there will read them for some time when the wifi goes off. For now just going to enjoy my free 1 hour of internet, read the articles, close down MORE tabs and go from there!

Get it guys!
Hydro

Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:28 am

Mission accomplished!
IMG_1825.JPEG
Good night guys!
Hydro

Fri Sep 01, 2023 5:19 am

08/31

Woke up at 9 am, felt rested. I was hungry as hell since I haven't been eating a lot, and don't plan on eating out from dominoes or subway. Tomorrow is Friday and I don't want to budge on subway, and the day after tomorrow, Saturday, I don't want to budge on dominoes. I'm getting more serious about my physical health.

I went to the gym 4 times today, first at around 11 am to do 20 mins on the rower machine.
Second session was bench press, hit 170 lbs for 3 sets of 5.
Third session is rower machine again, 20 minutes for a total for 40 minutes for the day.
Then lastly I did some bodybuilding work, did some db incline bench, then arnold presses, then went over to the cable machine and did my overhead extensions, pressdowns supersetted with db curls.

All in all I was training hard on all 4 sessions more on the weight training sessions and the pump on the 4th workout (strength work doesn't give as good of a pump) I felt amazing.

I spontaneously recorded a video of me flexing, here it is if anyone wants to see it:

See ya'll later for tomorrow! Get it guys!