Hydro's Log

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
Hydro
Name: Flozo
Goal: Make a Meal Plan
Motto: We suffer more in imagination than in reality.

Sun Sep 17, 2023 6:46 am

Finished closing up some tabs under the deadline. Woooo, deadlines really do work man. Think of it like an essay or homework due back in school. Deadlines are completely arbitrary and the fact that you can have a sense of urgency by putting some money on the line is neat.

Oh and GLL is back up again. I was looking at this post about conquering AA: https://www.goodlookingloser.com/anxiet ... -ussr-fear
It's basically put more fear on not approaching than approaching so the see saw tips more to taking action. I liked the post, not I have to think about something that will give me more fear to NOT approach.

Tabs: 59
Goal for tomorrow: 38 tabs
Good night guys, take care!
Momentum, Action. That's my problem, That's my solution.
Hydro

Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:13 am

I just don't even want to eat,

I'll expand on this tomorrow since I don't even want to eat dinner, going to shower than go to bed.

:( :|
bonzo34
Name: Alex
Goal: 50 "made love"

Fri Sep 22, 2023 3:12 am

Hydro wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:13 am
I just don't even want to eat,

I'll expand on this tomorrow since I don't even want to eat dinner, going to shower than go to bed.

:( :|
this could be...good?
dating

resolve job/income

Be an Army Officer

50 lays. 1/50

The first time you quit, it's hard. The second time, it gets easier. The third time, you don't even have to think about it.
be transparent as possible. Stop setting plays. Stop playing chess with life.
you make progress when you face a fear head on
Hydro

Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:07 am

It's been a while. I've still been lifting weights and have been progressing. Haven't missed a weight training session at all, quite consistent at the gym. In fact, at the gym there's a paper on the board that shows the top most consistent members at the gym for the month.

I was the most consistent member for the month of September at my gym, so I'm quite happy about that. Remember, my biggest fuck up is that I don't show up, and knowing the fact that I've showed up the most is beautiful, in the month of September. According to the director, I'm in the top 10 users at the gym, and if I didn't go to my parents place for those ~6 weeks, I would've been in the top 5 users at the gym.

Current lifts that I've completed this past week so I don't bore ya'll with EVERY detail:

Squats: 280 lbs for 3 sets of 5, so today I will be pursuing 285 lbs for 3 sets of 5.
Deadlifts (Trap Bar): 345 lbs for 1 set of 5, so I will be pursuing 355 or 350 this Wednesday for 1 x 5.
Bench Press: 205 lbs for 3 sets of 5, so 210 is up next.
Overhead Press: I failed 155 lbs sometime between my inactivity on the forums. I only got 4 reps on the first set so I deload 10% and build up back there in the same rep scheme, 3 sets of 5 reps. I did 140 lbs for 3 sets of 5 so I will be doing 145 lbs for 3 sets of 5 next set.
Power cleans: Still getting in the hang of up, but did 115 lbs for a couple sets of 3. Need to do 5 sets of 3 as prescribed in the program, so have to kick this up a notch.

Some videos that I watched that really resonated with me, or have been making me think.

Guy gained a lot of weight in college, and lost 100 lbs in college as well: https://youtu.be/zcIiXpzQJqU?si=YPk2qe4gyhByAYEV
This is me since I'm on my journey of losing 100 lbs. He ate Doritos, I ate Dominoes. He wore oversized clothes, like I did. He started out walking for a couple of hours then hit the weightroom, this is exactly my journey as well. Interesting, both thought the same, acted the same. All's left is to do the same. OH and he isolated himself in his apartment, sounds just like me, shout out to GLL tho.

A vid that randomly came on my YT feed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z4KAoIeq9c
I've been thinking about joining some type of grappling combat sport. Probably will join the wrestling club since that spontaneous moment of meeting a guy at the grocery store back in early Aug who had a wrestling shirt and found out he is in the wrestling club. That was a weird incident.

School has started but here I am, a big fuck up again. I am a student who gets accommodations since I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety and depression that allows me to have 50% more time for tests and exams (instead of 1 hour exams I get 1.5 hours and so on). Another benefit I get to register for my classes before anyone else but here I am, procrastinating again. idk why i do this to myself. I recently talked to a math advisor to lift up my registration hold since my record has been TERRIBLE. worse than my physical health I guarantee you bout that. The 3rd week is about to start of instruction and I still haven't registered for a class, yeah I'm behind. While my parents and I talk multiple times a week about how I am enjoying my classes but i am just lying. yeah i'm not happy about this, i'm a bad son and there is a lot more that I'm hiding. Hope this works out.

I have all this time, and i don't do shit with it but work on CLosInG mUh TaBs. Theory mode overload.

Well here's a video of me doing squats on a friday night at the gym by myself. It be like that:
Hydro

Mon Oct 09, 2023 11:19 am

Also shout out to Ravi doing approaches with Scotty. Can't believe a guy who started out with similar circumstances as I, obese, agoraphobic, virgin is now not only none of those things anymore (healthy, socially free, sexually experiences with women) but he's working with not only someone from GLL, but the guy who even Chris looked up to. Fucking crazy how the world works.

Going to shower, send some emails to a teacher to ask if I can sign up for a class and then probably jack off and go to bed. Very sad life that I have, but if Ravi can do it, if Andy can do it, then I have a chance as well.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:55 pm

Hydro wrote:
Also shout out to Ravi doing approaches with Scotty. Can't believe a guy who started out with similar circumstances as I, obese, agoraphobic, virgin is now not only none of those things anymore (healthy, socially free, sexually experiences with women) but he's working with not only someone from GLL, but the guy who even Chris looked up to. Fucking crazy how the world works.

Going to shower, send some emails to a teacher to ask if I can sign up for a class and then probably jack off and go to bed. Very sad life that I have, but if Ravi can do it, if Andy can do it, then I have a chance as well.
Damn thank you bro.

I am grateful for this, yeah my life is pretty epic, a wild fucking ride

And yet I was a 280lb fugly mentally ill incel who did not leave his room for 2 years and didnt lose his virginity until 30

In 2 years, I have achieved 10 years worth of goals

And I speak to Scotty almost daily and will be working with him to release the world's best bootcamp in 2024

I am literally a guy from dirt nothing, lower than low, people like me kill themselves

People used to treat me like a fucking cockroach. They did damage to me.

In life, we get to make a decision.

Will I be a fucking victim?

Or will I be a survivor?

I am just an example of a guy who decided he is going to make it and enough was enough.

Everyone here helped me get where I am today.

Now it is the pleasure of my life to build the greatest self improvement community in internet history

A band of brothers

And we will ALL SUCCEED

KEEP HAMMERING

THE GODFATHER OF GRINDING

MAC DADDY
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
Hydro

Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:12 am

MakingAComeback wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2023 12:55 pm
Hydro wrote:

Damn thank you bro.

I am grateful for this, yeah my life is pretty epic, a wild fucking ride

And yet I was a 280lb fugly mentally ill incel who did not leave his room for 2 years and didnt lose his virginity until 30

In 2 years, I have achieved 10 years worth of goals

And I speak to Scotty almost daily and will be working with him to release the world's best bootcamp in 2024

I am literally a guy from dirt nothing, lower than low, people like me kill themselves

People used to treat me like a fucking cockroach. They did damage to me.

In life, we get to make a decision.

Will I be a fucking victim?

Or will I be a survivor?

I am just an example of a guy who decided he is going to make it and enough was enough.

Everyone here helped me get where I am today.

Now it is the pleasure of my life to build the greatest self improvement community in internet history

A band of brothers

And we will ALL SUCCEED

KEEP HAMMERING

THE GODFATHER OF GRINDING

MAC DADDY
I was listening to this video at the gym literally on Monday. Thanks for yours and Scotty's contribution on the topic from guys who have been through the fire.
Video:
Hydro

Thu Oct 12, 2023 2:15 am

10/9

Squatted 290 lbs for 3 sets of 5. Someone said that I was strong at the gym. Felt good.
Also did power cleans of 115 lbs for 5 sets of 3. Getting the technique down.

Read these two articles about squatting, one about 400 lbs and the other about 500 lbs. Also didn't know james clear squatted 405 lbs once upon a time. shout out to him!
Articles:
(1) https://jamesclear.com/squat-400
(2) https://www.strongerbyscience.com/what- ... squat-500/
bonzo34

Thu Oct 12, 2023 4:59 am

strong squat

haha can't imagine james clear lifting weights
dating

resolve job/income

Be an Army Officer

50 lays. 1/50

The first time you quit, it's hard. The second time, it gets easier. The third time, you don't even have to think about it.
Hydro

Sun Oct 15, 2023 12:02 pm

I went to the gym on Friday, and I was warming up but my body felt SOOO SLOOWWWWWWW. This is the first time I felt something like this at the gym, so I just squatted 255 lbs for 1 rep and left the gym. I've been going to the gym 6 times a week for months at this point and I think my body needs a bit of a break, especially with my wack ass sleep schedule. I was scheduled to hit 295 lbs for 3 sets of 5 but i said noped and walked out to go for my cooldown walk.

Talking about my wack ass sleep schedule, I woke up after the gym closes today, (Saturday). I woke up at around 5:15 pm, yeah did I tell you my sleep schedule is trash?
I'm going to have to do bench on monday afternoonish and squat on monday evening / nightish.

Some interesting findings I found:

1. https://www.science.org/doi/10.1126/science.abe5017
This research shows that the average persons metabolism doesn't slow down in their 30s. Your metabolism starts slowing down in your 60s lol. Yeah people will say the slow metabolism stuff to cope with them gaining weight and their unhealthy eating habits creeping up into older age. So remember, your metabolism starts SLOWING DOWN in your 60s .

2. https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/abs/10 ... 4310362998
A meta-analysis of the relationship between class attendance in college and college grades reveals that attendance has strong relationships with both class grades and GPA. The single best predictor of performance in college classes is attendance. Better than high school GPA, SAT scores, study habits, or study skills.
For every high IQ genius in your classes who doesn't show up and get great grade, there are dozens who show up consistently who get great grades. Are you going to model what the best of the best (in terms of intelligence WHICH IS GENETIC) get, or the data that shows ATTENDANCE IS GOAT'D for best grades and gpa.
This has been applicable in the gym since my attendance has been great. I was the most consistent member in the month of September, and on Monday I'll be squatting 295 lbs and by the end of the month, if i get all my sets in I will be hitting 3 plates for my working sets (3 sets of 5) and hit bench press for 2 plates for 3 sets of 5 as well.
ATTENDANCE, CONSISTENCY, SHOWING UP IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING. SHOWING UP IS NOT 50%, IT IS 90%!!!!!

Lastly before I sign off, here is a video that I recently watched.

This video is a guy, Wheat Waffles, who was approaching women on campus for a video of his of rating which men are the most attractive. He wasn't even hitting on them and he basically got accused of harassing the women on campus. The footage he showed was him being unbelievably respectful and man that really hurt since I like the guy, but also I'm going to uni as well and thinking about approaching on campus. Wheat did say at 7:35 that you guys should NOT FEEL ASHAMED TO APPROACH AS THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT. Especially since the average guy can't get dates on dating apps, and the average guy has a lackluster social circle. He might be a plumber, engineer, work in an office job where dating is prohibited so the average guy really only has cold approach as the last option and even that is being under attack (or even moreso now).

Also shoutout to the KYIL guys for getting 7k subs on the main channel. I joined at the end of the live and asked my Q's less than an hour of the live ending, but I liked it. Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/live/0d4tcAG815 ... w0Gcd6JtnQ
kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:41 pm

Hydro wrote:
I've been going to the gym 6 times a week for months at this point and I think my body needs a bit of a break, especially with my wack ass sleep schedule. I was scheduled to hit 295 lbs for 3 sets of 5 but i said noped and walked out to go for my cooldown walk.
My coach told me that it’s good to take a deloading phase every 8-10 weeks. This is where you do you normal workout but with half the weight and same reps. It’s like resting but you stay active.
Hydro wrote:
Lastly before I sign off, here is a video that I recently watched.
The last think you want to be watching is wheat waffles. The only blackpill content you ever want to watch is those that give information on how to improve certain features. You don’t need a dude telling you that it’s over
bonzo34

Wed Oct 18, 2023 5:53 am

lol wheat waffles was kicked out because "Technically if you wanna film on college grounds you need permission in advance"
don't want to derail the log. alot of manipulative information out there
dating

resolve job/income

Be an Army Officer

50 lays. 1/50

Hydro

Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:42 pm

Squatted 295 lbs for 3 sets of 5 on Monday 10/16. I tweaked my lower back and it has been sore AND painful. Feeling better now but I skipped doing squats on wednesday since my lower back is quite sore.

Hit bench press for 220 lbs for 3 sets of 5. that means next session, on tuesday (10/24) I will be attempting 225 lbs for 3 sets of 5. 2 plate club here we are.
Interesting link that I was reading; https://garagegymrevisited.com/how-many ... ted_States

Essentially, using data someone broke down how many people in america can bench 2 plates. The answer is ~1 million which is a lot but is literally 1/3 of a percent of the american population. Crazy.

Have been listening to this podcast by Andy repeatedly: https://open.spotify.com/episode/0m30LvOMW5E80ezyIxeq2s
It goes into that losing fat is the most important thing you can do to get laid as a guy. I already have the muscle, 220 lbs bench for 3 sets of 5, 295 lbs squats 3x5, 145 lbs ohp 3x5. I just need to lose the weight and that is all on me. Was reading this article by Andy as well: https://killyourinnerloser.com/why-losi ... -all-else/
Hydro

Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:43 pm

kratjeuh wrote:
Sun Oct 15, 2023 1:41 pm
My coach told me that it’s good to take a deloading phase every 8-10 weeks. This is where you do you normal workout but with half the weight and same reps. It’s like resting but you stay active.
Took the weekend off and I was considerably stronger on monday!
Hydro

Fri Oct 20, 2023 8:46 pm

Might have to start including more hamstring work since I recently read that a good ratio of hamstring to quad strength is 50-80%, and the higher it goes, the lower the rates of knee injuries, especially ACL Tear.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articl ... the%20knee.

This video resonates with me, but in undergrad instead of medical school: