STICKY THREAD: BMan's Archetype Building Guide (7500+ Words on How to Develop Your Archetype (With Bman as the Example))

Ed_
Goal: Get Laid

Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:39 pm

I think there is a balance between the two views being discussed here. @Bman did a great job with this guide, and having an archetype in mind really helps when planning your style, profile, photoshoots, etc. Also if you really want a specific type of girl, you need to style yourself towards that.

But like @Holden says, I do also think there can be too much emphasis on building a particular style and how critical it is to getting laid generally. I think "it's a numbers game" and "look good, talk to women" are still the number one rules, and building a great archetype is just supplemental to that.
pancakemouse wrote:
Sat May 27, 2023 5:26 pm
Pull up photos of first 20 lays [...] Compare with general population demographics in your area. I guarantee that certain archetypes will be overrepresented.
I've put together a somewhat unique style for my profile -- hippie, pagan, bohemian, earthy dude. But looking back on the 30 chicks I've been with this year, there's not really any pattern in them outside the demographics where I live.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Current Goals:
✅ Lose virginity
✅ Have sex with the same girl a second time
✅ Overcome AA
✅ Get to 135 lbs with 10% bodyfat
✅ Have ongoing sex (fuck buddy) with a really hot girl
⚪ Find a hot girl and focus on having really high quality sex
⚪ Have a relaxed, carefree, youthful, open minded, ongoing relationship with a hot girl
⚪ Get to 140 lbs with 10% bodyfat

📸 Avatar credit to Bman

My log and Tinder photos thread
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Fri Jun 09, 2023 7:19 pm

Ed_ wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:39 pm
I've put together a somewhat unique style for my profile -- hippie, pagan, bohemian, earthy dude. But looking back on the 30 chicks I've been with this year, there's not really any pattern in them outside the demographics where I live.
There may not be much of a visible positive pattern, especially considering that where you live caters to that male archetype already.

But there's a negative pattern. There are archetypes you're not getting, and this information is as valuable as archetypes you are getting.
MakingAComeback
Goal: 3k Per Month Post Tax
Motto: POSITIVE SELF TALK

Sun Oct 22, 2023 12:08 pm

Trying to set this as a sticky

Lets see

MAC
-Your friend, Ravi

Consistent Performance Coach, Admin of WinnerWithin, and Seeker of Human Potential

My FB Group for Consistent Performance & Goal Achievement
https://www.facebook.com/groups/ironwilltribe
GoodLookingNerd
Goal: Regular crazy sex
Motto: Succeeding is the only option

Sun Apr 14, 2024 4:45 am

I want to improve my style and delve further into a specific archetype. How do you guys find all the names/pictures/examples of certain hyper specific styles? Like I can google "alternative male style 2024" but that wont get me enough to build a proper storyboard.

Are there any websites or other resources with an overview of archetypes and styles or did you guys just come up with them yourselves (if so, how did you find examples)?
Lay count: 15
Current goals I am working on:
- get laid and explore sexual dynamics
- travel SE Asia
- get rid of AA
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:01 am

GoodLookingNerd wrote:
Are there any websites or other resources with an overview of archetypes and styles or did you guys just come up with them yourselves (if so, how did you find examples)?
i'll respond because i used to ask the exact same question.

conceptually, it's obviously "find some guys who look like they get laid and are cool af, figure out their style choices (can use google lens these days), and copy them"

practically, i struggled with this hard in america. i really had a difficult time trying to find a good style that i vibed with and exclusively relied on my mentors here to tell me what to do and what to buy. there were definitely some ethnic rappers and musicians i probably could have (and perhaps should have) really tried to emulate, but for some reason i never actually dove in.

in japan however, i have found archetype SO MUCH easier to comprehend, because the equivalent "archetype" isn't even a pickup term in japanese! and people are more conscientious of fashion here as a means of signaling what group of people they identify with and therefore a lot easier to reproduce.

for what i actually did, and i think this is a good stepping stone, is in your day to day life look around at guys who look like they get laid. look at girls that are your type walking with their boyfriends (social media sites work too) and just always mentally note what kind of clothes, accessories, hairstyles, etc their boyfriends have. understand your existing natural features and which style you could potentially copy. hell, even just go up to a cool lookin dude and be like "yo i love your fit where'd you get that shirt" or whatever. there's a lot of trial and error here obviously but this is how you can start to build up an intuition.

after doing that for a while, what really moved the needle for me was downloading a fashion app and periodically browsing it. there's one in japan called WEAR, but this ASOS app may be a potential equivalent in the west https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... .app&pli=1

these apps have a lot of different fits and you can filter down by gender and other characteristics. and they tell you where you can buy various clothes. there's probably a ton of apps backed by different stores so i'd just download a lot of them.
Bman
Name: Brandon
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Pursue Purpose

Sun Apr 14, 2024 2:56 pm

GoodLookingNerd wrote:
Look for:
  • celebrities that look like you
  • pinterest boards of girls you like
  • instagrams of influencers that look like you
  • what the top level people are wearing in the social scene of the girls you like
  • anytime you see a guy in public and think he looks good, ask why he looks good
  • movies, TV shows, pop culture
Unfortunately there's no website with clear defined archetypes you can just select off the shelf. Just be more observant and study people.
Public Log: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1397
Year 1: viewtopic.php?p=49033#p49033
Year 2: viewtopic.php?p=66924#p66924

"Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee
Zug
Goal: Find a wife
Motto: Strength before weakness

Sun Apr 14, 2024 6:55 pm

There's a couple long-term ways to develop archetype. Quiz your dates on why they swiped right on you, what their favorite pic was and why. Don't let them get away with short vague answers. You WILL get an answer, but you cannot accept it at face value. Keep in mind, virtually no one understands themselves well enough to know the list and rankings of their various motivations. So when I say you can't accept their answers at face value, I mean you have to take EXACTLY what they said and then re-interpret it through multiple lenses and try to rank order which explanations work better.

You're also going to need some level of social psychology and intelligence. Girls commonly say they love seeing me in a suit. Ok, but why is that? Is this just a uniform thing? Almost, but not quite. Maybe they'd like me in a military uniform, or fireman uniform, but they sure as fuck wouldn't get turned on by me wearing an Arby's uniform. So what's the commonality there? IMO, they're looking for signs of competence as proxies for dominance, or vice versa. You can also prove this in the reverse. Why do all kids look fucking stupid in suits? Because there are no competent children (by definition), so when they wear suits they don't appear as respectful and formal, they appear as clowns and absurd.

You will notice reasons for swiping right on you and pics they like will tend to cluster into certain groups. Those groups are basically constellations of ideas that will then signify to me the blueprint/archetype the GIRL is coming from. For example, I can start reversing the connection from the girls who said they like my suit pics to all girls who like suit pics and what they have in common. These are girls who like authority in general and get turned on by it, girls who tend to like more formal structures in relationships and sex, etc. Eventually you can start collecting enough of these to identify "markets" or clusters of girls who gravitate towards you. In my case - younger girls with daddy issues who have been disappointed after dating several men their age with childlike qualities and found them disappointing in the bedroom and out. They're looking for markers of sexual experience and competence, because the problem they are trying to solve is having sexual relationships where they can't look up to the guy.

You can then take all this information and start "weaponizing" this knowledge. I could rework my profile to push the experience, competence, and dominance vibe. Emphasize pictures where it shows me in dominant positions vs pics of "1 guy chilling with his equal peers". One of my bigger breakthroughs after this was to deep dive the psychology of some of these specific traits and then start directly pushing these buttons with cold reads that are virtually impossible to make otherwise. I discovered that most girls who like dominance (and aren't completely insane) like it because they use it as a proxy for how much the guy desires them, and they want to feel desired. This is also the same reason they have praise kinks. So now I know most girls who have praise kinks like being dominated and vice versa. So anytime a girl reveals a couple of her sexual preferences, I can almost automatically guess her others, and when I "cold read" those to her it works doubly because it comes off as a sign of experience they were looking for as well as me "just getting it", which is what all their past partners failed to do.

All this stuff take sometime though, and this is the "organic" method to archetypes. This method led to me become a more and more concentrated and extreme version of myself. This is mostly good, but you can take it too far. Sex is great and all, but there's tons of other things I care about more. You have to have at least two major and 1 minor trait in your profile, and hopefully traits that do work together, but aren't in the same 'constellation' of ideas. Think Henry Cavill being a big time nerd in addition to a movie start and jacked. When you can combine these into a single profile, it comes off as super authentic. Actual authenticity as well as the appearance of it is important, because a big reason girls pass on guys is ANY feeling of incongruence. Girls tolerance for incongruence is super low. So, whenever you're trying to develop your archetype, don't push things past the point it makes you slightly uncomfortable. Slightly uncomfortable leads to interesting situations and growth, more than that leads to epic failures and feelings of betrayal.
GoodLookingNerd
Goal: Regular crazy sex
Motto: Succeeding is the only option

Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:41 pm

Thanks so much guys, I'll start working on my first archetype iteration. Time to delve deep into the trenches of art hoe Instagram.
Lay count: 15
Current goals I am working on:
- get laid and explore sexual dynamics
- travel SE Asia
- get rid of AA