Ultimate AI Guide for Online Dating

kratjeuh
Goal: ...lskd

Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:56 pm

AskTheDom wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:49 pm
Oh, go to Latin America/South East Asia because it might be easier to boost their value and come up with lame excuses on their reasons why they went there in first place.
No need for the subliminal mention ;)

I thought we were here to support each other and get better, let’s stick to that
Last edited by kratjeuh on Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bman
Name: Brandon
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Pursue Purpose

Thu Nov 23, 2023 7:13 pm

I was trying to avoid this conversation because I figured it was going to devolve into to camps, one for and one against, without much wiggle room.

I always try to approach life by understanding all the strategies available to me, determining the most effective ones, then overlay my own moral code upon them.

In light of that, I have 2 questions that may be more productive for us:
  1. How might we use AI in an ethical way to enhance our profiles, while still being truthful about who we are?
  2. If not possible, and we wish to not deceive at all, how might we still effectively compete against those using AI? What other strategies might be just effective?
Public Log: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1397
Year 1: viewtopic.php?p=49033#p49033
Year 2: viewtopic.php?p=66924#p66924

"Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee
AmericanAndy
Goal: Relationship,Threesomes

Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:29 pm

There's a lot better ideas for photos like you doing your favorite hobbies. Then you might actually find someone interested in the same things as you instead of gold-diggers.
AmericanAndy

Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:36 pm

Bman wrote:
I was trying to avoid this conversation because I figured it was going to devolve into to camps, one for and one against, without much wiggle room.

I always try to approach life by understanding all the strategies available to me, determining the most effective ones, then overlay my own moral code upon them.

1. How might we use AI in an ethical way to enhance our profiles, while still being truthful about who we are?
  2. If not possible, and we wish to not deceive at all, how might we still effectively compete against those using AI? What other strategies might be just effective?
This is what I use AI for
  • Accelerate my learning experience
  • Combine or suggest ideas I'm unaware of
  • Instruct me in a field I have little experience in
  • Solving problems faster
  • Solving unusual problems by combining multiple fields
  • Automate boring tasks
People would be better off only automating the "boring" things in life and using AI to speed up your own learning. As far as the state of humanity, I wish employee-owned companies are the standard instead of corporations which are greed factories full of wage slaves and executives trying to replace wage slaves with AI.
SpongeBob
Goal: Build a fulfilling life

Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:57 pm

Bman wrote:
How might we use AI in an ethical way to enhance our profiles, while still being truthful about who we are?
If not possible, and we wish to not deceive at all, how might we still effectively compete against those using AI? What other strategies might be just effective?
What I think about would be to create a fake image based on real interest or based of something that we actually did but didn't manage to get a good picture of.

For example, let's say that I recently did a trek in a mountain, but because of various reasons, couldn't make a good picture, I get AI to create a picture for me. Same if I went to a specific country or monument but I was alone and couldn't take a picture.

Or, if I love to surf, then I can ask it to make a picture of me surfing.

If I love clubbing, then I make a picture like Heisenberg's main one.

And so on and so forth.

In those cases, it's fake pictures of your real persona
Paid Renegade
Name: Colton
Goal: Make Money

Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:02 pm

It is a really interesting subject. It does feel kind of like a race to the bottom, but can’t blame people for seizing whatever advantage they can, especially if others are going to do it anyway. I feel the same way about FaceApp honestly, I think we'd be better off without it but I still use it on tinder photos. At least with FaceApp there is a hard limit to what you can do because you have to look like you do in your photos when you meet the girl.

I can see this going one of a few ways:

1. Generative AI doesn’t have too much of an effect on dating because either it doesn’t get good enough and/or dating apps are able to combat it. I understand the technology is advancing but so far everything I’ve seen looks fake and unnatural. OP may have experienced some selection bias in the girls he was meeting, as all of the ones who thought something looked off about his profile swiped left. One match a day is not exactly a phenomenal result. It’s still very easy to see which pictures are false once you know what to look for- and it’s conceivable that software may be able to detect AI generated photos even as they become more and more visually indistinguishable. ESPECIALLY if programs are required to start moderating or digitally watermarking their own AI generated images, which there have been calls for already as fake media becomes a concern.

2. It becomes so good and widespread that it does indeed cause a race to the bottom and causes women to opt out of online dating as 75% of guys have fake profiles.

3. Most likely, in my opinion: This will make online dating even more hyper-focused on looks above all else, once lifestyle, money, and social proof can all be easily faked. Your physical appearance, on the other hand, can only be exaggerated so far. You still have to be the guy in your photo when you meet in person or facetime. Apps can also require in-app video verification. I think we’ve already maxxed out what programs such as FaceApp can do for online dating – all of they top guys are already using filters as much as they can get away with it without blatant catfishing. It’s interesting because online dating seems to have been moving in this direction since its inception, where once upon a time just looking like a cool normal guy with friends was enough to get you laid but now there’s this general consensus that you have to look like a total Chad to get great results from online. I think generative AI would just supercharge this process as literally everything else is fake.

Regarding the whole morality debate I resonate with pancake mouse but it’s also true that dating is an arms race and “all is fair in love and war”. I have this picture that I like to look at sometimes because it reminds me that nature/reality doesn’t care about my concepts of niceness and fairness. The lion is playing to win by whatever means necessary, and if some other lion decides to take the high road and leave the poor baby wounded wildebeest alone then he will lose his life and his whole pride to the winner.
IMG_4478.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
AskTheDom
Name: Mario
Goal: Coach
Motto: Alea iacta est

Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:28 pm

kratjeuh wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:56 pm
AskTheDom wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 5:49 pm
Oh, go to Latin America/South East Asia because it might be easier to boost their value and come up with lame excuses on their reasons why they went there in first place.
No need for the subliminal mention ;)

I thought we were here to support each other and get better, let’s stick to that
To be fair, I had in mind the bastard all the time when writing those lines but hey, if you feel called out, it's ok, we all need to have a trip to LatAm.
Mario "The Dom" Tubone
Your Dominance coach - I help Men becoming more confident and competent both inside and outside the bedroom

MY WEEKLY PODCAST: https://rb.gy/8u2e1z
GoodLookingNerd
Goal: Regular crazy sex
Motto: Succeeding is the only option

Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:43 pm

Paid Renegade wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2023 9:02 pm
It is a really interesting subject. It does feel kind of like a race to the bottom, but can’t blame people for seizing whatever advantage they can, especially if others are going to do it anyway. I feel the same way about FaceApp honestly, I think we'd be better off without it but I still use it on tinder photos. At least with FaceApp there is a hard limit to what you can do because you have to look like you do in your photos when you meet the girl.

I can see this going one of a few ways:

1. Generative AI doesn’t have too much of an effect on dating because either it doesn’t get good enough and/or dating apps are able to combat it. I understand the technology is advancing but so far everything I’ve seen looks fake and unnatural. OP may have experienced some selection bias in the girls he was meeting, as all of the ones who thought something looked off about his profile swiped left. One match a day is not exactly a phenomenal result. It’s still very easy to see which pictures are false once you know what to look for- and it’s conceivable that software may be able to detect AI generated photos even as they become more and more visually indistinguishable. ESPECIALLY if programs are required to start moderating or digitally watermarking their own AI generated images, which there have been calls for already as fake media becomes a concern.

2. It becomes so good and widespread that it does indeed cause a race to the bottom and causes women to opt out of online dating as 75% of guys have fake profiles.

3. Most likely, in my opinion: This will make online dating even more hyper-focused on looks above all else, once lifestyle, money, and social proof can all be easily faked. Your physical appearance, on the other hand, can only be exaggerated so far. You still have to be the guy in your photo when you meet in person or facetime. Apps can also require in-app video verification. I think we’ve already maxxed out what programs such as FaceApp can do for online dating – all of they top guys are already using filters as much as they can get away with it without blatant catfishing. It’s interesting because online dating seems to have been moving in this direction since its inception, where once upon a time just looking like a cool normal guy with friends was enough to get you laid but now there’s this general consensus that you have to look like a total Chad to get great results from online. I think generative AI would just supercharge this process as literally everything else is fake.

Regarding the whole morality debate I resonate with pancake mouse but it’s also true that dating is an arms race and “all is fair in love and war”. I have this picture that I like to look at sometimes because it reminds me that nature/reality doesn’t care about my concepts of niceness and fairness. The lion is playing to win by whatever means necessary, and if some other lion decides to take the high road and leave the poor baby wounded wildebeest alone then he will lose his life and his whole pride to the winner.
IMG_4478.JPG
Ill have to agree with you for the most part though I think 2 may be a bit more likely. However, there may be a caveat to option 3 which is that pictures will start playing less of a role if everyone has the same pictures, and personality will be more important through text game or more prompt like features such as on hinge. These could of course also be maximized through AI, but during the actual date it would quickly become clear if someone has a different personality.
Lay count: 15
Current goals I am working on:
- get laid and explore sexual dynamics
- travel SE Asia
- get rid of AA
AmericanAndy

Fri Nov 24, 2023 8:26 pm

There are countless scammers cramming fake profiles on tinder and I see online dating becoming more and more useless as they create more fake accounts that seem real. The past few months I havent had a single date using Tinder yet I've had some dates cold approaching so I'm moving on.

I've had far better results with Tinder in different countries. I don't know what it is about online dating in the USA but it's dismal in comparison. You'd have to try it to see the difference.
komeback_kile
Name: Kyle
Goal: ++ Mental Resiliency ++
Motto: === Open - Honest - Direct ===

Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:53 pm

Ugh I only come here every few days and missed whatever info was here. @Heisenberg what's the point of creating this thread to peddle your website if you're not at least going to leave up *some* of the info? I understand you have the right and what not to remove what you had put, but this thread is essentially useless to me and anyone else that missed your initial posts. I have no idea the background or context and can only infer or assume, which isn't really me learning anything new but reinforcing whatever I already have in my head.

Can you please re-add some of what you originally had? Thanks
pancakemouse
Goal: Master cold approach

Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:25 am

komeback_kile wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:53 pm
Ugh I only come here every few days and missed whatever info was here. @Heisenberg what's the point of creating this thread to peddle your website if you're not at least going to leave up *some* of the info? I understand you have the right and what not to remove what you had put, but this thread is essentially useless to me and anyone else that missed your initial posts. I have no idea the background or context and can only infer or assume, which isn't really me learning anything new but reinforcing whatever I already have in my head.

Can you please re-add some of what you originally had? Thanks
The only thing that I think would be a relevant takeaway to you (and anyone that doesn't have access to the proper AI tools) was that, per his tests, an attention-grabbing photo with bright colors outperformed others, EVEN when something super annoying like a literal unread notification icon was inserted beside it. The specific test was him wearing a bright red blazer at a club.

This is similar to those TikTok videos where they put an addictive racing game as the video while they aggressively spoonfeed your other content. If this replicates, women on apps are truly just larger hummingbirds.