Manga 🇰🇷: October Update

The main purpose of this forum; tell us what goals you're working on.
colgate
Name: bulldog
Goal: BANG!! japanese chicks!

Wed May 03, 2023 4:05 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 3:57 pm
( 1 ) Your friends will shape your life more than your own plan for it.
lol damn i needed this one
Manganiello
Name: Brandon
Goal: Career Launch
Motto: Embrace your Darkside

Wed May 03, 2023 4:09 pm

colgate wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 4:05 pm
Manganiello wrote:
Wed May 03, 2023 3:57 pm
( 1 ) Your friends will shape your life more than your own plan for it.
lol damn i needed this one
Ya it's true tho.

You pick up ideas, change your standards, take action, aspire to win acceptance, all based off your friends.

Plans are pretty flimsy.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
☀️ Lost vCard from Day Game Post
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

How I got 9 lays in the first 6 weeks on Tinder
[Guide]

Manganiello

Fri May 05, 2023 6:34 am

Day 13

Currently on the bus to Busan. Which is actually sick as fuck. The ride is not scenic as people have said. But in booking late the only bus available was this luxury bus, oxymoron, but it's actually such a nice way of traveling.

Ran out of time to make this before I departed.

actions
- just did more belief work on a notes app on my phone.
- Spent 2 hours reading and Journaling.

That's it.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Fri May 05, 2023 4:36 pm

Day 14

Long day. Had literally 4 different things go wrong trying to get into Busan. Took 11 hours to get settled lol.

20230505_222730.jpg
But seems worth it so far.

Note

Still doing the work on exercises.
I think I'm getting a better handle on what's what. Probably won't say anything on it til the thought fully distills.

That being said. I think I need to be more intentional on getting solutions, and productive answers. I can analyse stuff super super well. But sometimes it's better to just solve it.

Tomorrow I want to be intentional in coming up with more productive beliefs and getting inspired.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Sat May 06, 2023 1:28 pm

Day 15

Uneventful but productive day.

20230506_170616.jpg
Despite being in a cool tourist destination I mostly just journaled and did course work.

Notes

Think I 80% turned the corner on "Korea being a waste" thing.

Ultimately. It's not productive to think that. I'd be better off believing (even delusionally) that if I get a girlfriend here I could take her with me wherever I go.

People have done it.

But the main thing, is to have a win-win scenario. Before it looked lose-lose.

Win-win. Is I get a girlfriend to travel with me, or I get so good at getting girls it doesnt matter.

I'm already decent with chicks from online. But I want it to be even more effortless.

---
I say 80% because there's still a bit that wonders about what-ifs. But that's better than the 5% I was at last week.

---

So still got a bit more to go on this.
My plan is to follow this process til the long weekend I got in about a month, but actually plan a proper getaway and do goal setting.

And then jump hard into this again.
Or even just start sooner.

---

Other shstuff
- Day 5 of keto. Seems to have switched.
- dunno calories but it's low.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

colgate

Sat May 06, 2023 1:49 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Ultimately. It's not productive to think that. I'd be better off believing (even delusionally) that if I get a girlfriend here I could take her with me wherever I go.
one of the most important things that made me turn around recently was something troy said, "a belief doesn't have to be true for it to be helpful".

then i recently realized the converse is also massively helpful: "a truth can be unhelpful to believe"

having "i'm only temporarily in korea" in your mind is clearly not helpful no matter how true it is.

likewise seems like "if i can get a girlfriend here i could take her with me wherever i go" would be helpful
Manganiello

Sat May 06, 2023 2:04 pm

colgate wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 1:49 pm
Manganiello wrote:
one of the most important things that made me turn around recently was something troy said, "a belief doesn't have to be true for it to be helpful".

then i recently realized the converse is also massively helpful: "a truth can be unhelpful to believe"

having "i'm only temporarily in korea" in your mind is clearly not helpful no matter how true it is.

likewise seems like "if i can get a girlfriend here i could take her with me wherever i go" would be helpful
Ya there's some wisdom in that.

I'm not really sure how cautious I should be with staying/leaving Korea.

Teaching for 8 years and coming back to Canada probably wouldn't be smart. At all.

I've seen a few foreigners here who had no intention of staying. Get a gf, life is great. Breakup up. And then they realize they're a 42 year old poorly paid English teacher with no skills back home. Those guys are in shit.

But at the same time, thinking Omg what's the point of being here? Is just as pointless.

Troy and his infinite wisdom. Seriously the world is missing out on him not publicizing his thoughts.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

colgate

Sat May 06, 2023 2:24 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Sat May 06, 2023 2:04 pm
And then they realize they're a 42 year old poorly paid English teacher with no skills back home. Those guys are in shit.
dude you definitely have way more skills than just teaching english lmao. that shit is just to get your foot in the door after all.

@Toast and i both did language school just to get in the door here in japan. i think both of us plan on staying here long term. dunno what he's going to do, but i'm likely going to get a job in my original field again so i can get a permanent residence card.

still, i'm not sure what your goals are in korea, and i'm slightly saddened to see you mentioned thinking that korea is just temporary. even if you plan to relocate again after korea, you could definitely get like a 5 year work visa of some sort, and 5 years is basically forever lmfao. even 1 year is an insane amount of time.

i might be projecting but perhaps is it because the examples of foreigners you see in korea are just washed up dudes relying on their dominant wives to navigate the alien world they put themselves into?

idk how it is in korea but afaict even in japan it seems like you could actually have a pretty interesting life with very little japanese thanks to the amount of foreigners who are here. i've run into some interesting characters lol.

though personally i don't want to do that and most of my friends are japanese (i am so fucking glad i basically already knew japanese before coming here lmfao). would strongly recommend taking language learning seriously if you're scared of becoming a "42 year old poorly paid english teacher". you only need about 8-12 months of slamming the gas to get to the point where you can at least not be trapped in the foreigner english zone.

the world blows open once you can even understand 30% of the language of the foreign country you're in. you'll truly feel like you stepped in a different dimension and i will straight up tell you that you cannot imagine it until you at least become conversational in the language
Manganiello

Sun May 07, 2023 2:47 am

colgate wrote:
that shit is just to get your foot in the door after all.

@Toast and i both did language school just to get in the door here in japan
My visa is solid AF. I have an equivalent disposable income to the average Korean on day 1. Just work 9 hours a day tho.

But it's worth mentioning that both you and Devin have been dreaming of Japan for awhile.

Chris has been learning Korean since highschool.

Korea is like a year old-ish desire for me.

colgate wrote:
i'm slightly saddened to see you mentioned thinking that korea is just temporary.
Which is why I'm thinking this.

Honestly, it's a pretty natural thought. I know nothing about the country. Been here for 6 months, of course my default stance is going to see it as temporary.
colgate wrote:
foreigners you see in korea are just washed up dudes
There is a lot of this. It's actually been a turn off I have about Korea. Koreans themselves are cool tho.
colgate wrote:
you only need about 8-12 months of slamming the gas to get to the point where you can at least not be trapped in the foreigner english zone.

the world blows open once you can even understand 30% of the language of the foreign country you're in
Totally.

Which is why I'm not dead set on it only being temporary. Plan is make money as soon as I'm done the dating phase. So honestly, that totally means I wouldn't stay teaching even if I stayed. As fun as teaching can be sometimes.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Sun May 07, 2023 5:02 pm

Day 16

Made video. Upload is taking too long and it's late.

Got back into Seoul

- Seoul is so giant it makes a city like Busan (7 million metro pop.) seem small.
- Busan is the nicer looking city hands down. And probably more liveable, but nothing beats Seoul for game.

Actions

- moved onto week 4 of the program and got most of it done.
- Listened to a lot of GLL on the trip back home.
- Day 6 of keto. Which is awesome. Hardest part of keto is over.

Course/Process Check-in

- There is an urge to go back and approach now, vs waiting this process out.
- Everytime I've done this course it's been worth its weight in gold. Arguably generated some of my biggest wins.
- So cheaping out on it may not be a good idea.

Either way I'm probably back into full blow approach mode in 30 days or so, even if I don't cheap out. It's just hard to wait while @colgate and @Toast are out approaching. And @lacroix nets 2 day game lays this weekend.

Makes it real hard. I wanna be impatient, but also everytime I've gone slow on this step it's been 100% worth it.

So idk the right move. I just know seeing other guys get after it makes it hard to have this deliberation phase on big goals.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

natedawg
Goal: Social Life
Motto: Whatever you do, don't quit.

Sun May 07, 2023 6:17 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Makes it real hard. I wanna be impatient, but also everytime I've gone slow on this step it's been 100% worth it.

So idk the right move. I just know seeing other guys get after it makes it hard to have this deliberation phase on big goals.
Solid perspective here.

I personally believe the hardest part of this game is to quit playing "keep up" with other men, and stay focused on your own unique path to victory.
2023-2024 Goals

Year 1: Pg 1-42

"As long I don't quit, I can't lose." - Alex Hormozi

**Feeling lost/unmotivated? Read this:viewtopic.php?p=48007#p48007

** Trust in the process Andy laid out for me: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1279346/11913966
Manganiello

Mon May 08, 2023 3:36 pm

May 8

- taking a day off from the course, so no coursework
- Calories were between 1400-1500. I think that's what I've been averaging the last week.
natedawg wrote:
Sun May 07, 2023 6:17 pm
Manganiello wrote:

Solid perspective here.

I personally believe the hardest part of this game is to quit playing "keep up" with other men, and stay focused on your own unique path to victory.
Absolutely true.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Tue May 09, 2023 11:31 pm

Day 17

Short update today.

Actions
- did about 2 hours of reading/journaling
- calories were between 1100-1200

Other stuff
- sick again. But not nearly as bad.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Manganiello

Wed May 10, 2023 3:25 pm

Day 18

Actions

- 2 hours of journaling
- Keto (day 8) ~ 1200-1300 cal
- accountability call.

Notes

- I'm usually most inspired in a new setting. But Seoul is actually such a crowded repetitive city, I've been finding it hard to find those spots. But luckily I found an absolute gem 2 stops away from where I work.
- accountability partner is a great friend. But he's been busy, and the timezone differents has made the calls less effective because it's so hard to find a time that work for both of us.

Lessons

The decision to take a detour and really dig deep into a mental reset at this point feels like the right choice. Definitely.

I'm reminded that there are some lessons you get only from actively focusing on and thinking about a problem. Spreading your time, also spreads your focus, problems tend to grow like weeds and your too distracted to really think through them.

So I'm seeing the core issue I had earlier which was just general Disempowerment.

Being at your best isn't a lightswitch. There are many mental habits and micro-lessons you establish that build on each other. I have a lot of good habits, that come second nature to me. I can routinely work on a side project for 3+ hours after work every single day. No problem. I have good friends.

But things like creating a productive mindset has to be taken care of actively. Because new problems enter the fold, and if it's an alien problem to me, and I don't know how to solve it. I can easily revert to a disempowering thought. And if enough of those happen, pretty soon I'm routinely thinking shitty thoughts.
Past Goals:
🗡️ AA Program Log
🇰🇷 Moved to Korea Post
🔥 OLD Log & Lays Log

[Guide]

Bman
Goal: Get Laid
Motto: Pursue Purpose

Wed May 10, 2023 4:41 pm

Manganiello wrote:
Wed May 10, 2023 3:25 pm
But things like creating a productive mindset has to be taken care of actively. Because new problems enter the fold, and if it's an alien problem to me, and I don't know how to solve it. I can easily revert to a disempowering thought. And if enough of those happen, pretty soon I'm routinely thinking shitty thoughts.
This is why personal development is never done. You better adapt yourself to the world, but then the world changes. New problems are presented. In which case you must adapt yourself to this new world.

That may seem disheartening, but you learn to adapt faster. You become more resilient in a wide variety of contexts. And if you remember to enjoy the process and not the destination, you have a whole lot of fun along the way.
Public Log: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=1397
Year 1: viewtopic.php?p=49033#p49033
Year 2: viewtopic.php?p=66924#p66924

"Absorb what is useful. Reject what is useless. Add what is essentially your own." - Bruce Lee