(Cover image by: Dainis Graveris)
Are STDs something to freak out over – or are the risks overblown?
Listen to the podcast episode talking about this:
Honest Guide to STDs (by Mark Manson):
Everybody is Lying to You, All The Time:
Summary from the podcast:
- STD risks are massively overblown. Read this: Your Honest Guide to STDs.
- Almost all STDs are curable.
- You likely already have an STD (HPV).
- The nurses at two of my local STD clinics literally will not test me for most of the STDs, because I have no symptoms. They literally advise us not to go get tested unless we’re already showing symptoms.
- READ THIS: You need to do your own research. YOU need to go research the risk of catching each STD, and figure out what level of risk you’re comfortable taking. It’s not my job to tell you to wear a condom or not wear a condom. You’re an adult, do your own research. It’s your life, not mine.
- Pregnancy is the STD you really need to be afraid of. And is the main reason for wearing a condom.
- I personally lower my STD risk by not having sex with girls who’ve had a lot of sex (party girls), or girls who do hard drugs or drink a lot, etc.
- I use condoms with every girl I’m not sure about.
- A lot of the time, I’ll use condoms until I get to know the girl and trust her (eg she’s gotten tested herself).
- I also get tested once a year. So does my girlfriend.
- Again, do your own research and then figure out your own stance on condoms/protection. If you still can’t figure it out, just default to always wearing condoms, for your own peace of mind. (But I still want you to do your own research).
You got any plans on doing a guide on getting laid through Instagram/Snapchat/Facebook or maybe even just some advice??? I’ve looked online but I can’t find any good guides in this area from legit dudes who’ve actually gotten laid (with proof). All of it is just generic bs like “take interesting pictures” or “demonstrate high value” which really doesn’t help with anything.
The biggest benefit of dating apps is that people are on there (at least in theory) to you know…… Date. But with social media apps it’s a different caveat that needs a slightly different skill set since you’re significantly more likely to come across girls who are looking to hook up or go on dates, plus it’s as easy to find girls because they won’t necessarily have swiping or a similar feature on the app. I feel like I’m missing out on a ton of potential vaj by leaving social media apps off the table because I’m unsure how to navigate it.
Also just wanted to say thanks for the content man it’s really appreciated! 👍🙂
You said it yourself – no guides from guys with proof. I haven’t gotten laid via IG/snap/FB, so can’t really write a full guide on it myself if I have no proof.
That said, keep in mind that I had to learn how to get laid on Tinder by myself and figure it out through trial and error. Then again I was on my own figuring out how to have BDSM sex via Tinder. Then again when figuring out how to screen for 3somes on Tinder. Then again when helping my girlfriend set her Tinder up to find girls for us to bang together. You can figure all this stuff out by trying things, seeing what works, what doesn’t, learning and getting better. If there’s no guides on getting laid via social media, then YOU can be the pioneer, the guy who figures it out.
After all, this is all just a big experiment:
(All that said, the fundamentals are going to be the same – look as good as possible (self-improvement), have good pics that make you look cool and interesting with a cool life going on, message a TONNE of girls (play the numbers game). It’ll be slightly different to Tinder but the fundamentals will always be the same – look good and talk to tonnes of girls.)
Cheers again for the reply, guess I have work to do then! 👍